Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is it ?

Threads : 60

Default Why is it ?

Why is it that I'm not really that bummed out or upset that the Steelers lost the Super Bowl ?
    I've been telling myself that we will get there again. We really didn't lose as much as handing the game to the Packers.

I don't really know if those two reasons are the true reasons I'm not upset. Usually I lose sleep when we lose to a divisional rival, a Monday night game or something but this past Super Bowl............nothing. I'm numb to the entire thing like it never happened.

Weeks before football season is over I start to get withdraws that, the season will be ending. When the first non football Sunday comes around I'm climbing the walls but yet, still nothing.

I just got over the 95 Super Bowl loss after we won our last Super Bowl.........

We have this potential lockout or what ever for next season and I'm not even worried about that.

It's almost like I have a life outside of NFL football.

I'm Scared !

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Why is it ?

LOL Fezz... ditto here.

Something to do with winning two fairly recently?

I think I've been self medicating and I don't even know it. I'm afraid one day it's going to hit me that we lost that game and I'll go up like a keg of gun powder.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel the same way too in that I am disappointed by the loss, but not angered or debilitated by it. Perhaps if the game had ended like the first Jets game I would have been, but I am thinking like Wy, we have won 2 in the recent past and with some minor tweeking, we'll win #7 in the near future. I am that guy though that thinks I would rather not go to the Super Bowl, than to go and lose.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am totally fine. I didn't expect to win the Super Bowl this year. That wasn't my expectations. My expectations were pretty close to what happened though. If you go back through the whole season and even before the season, all the things that happened. It was a pretty remarkable season. It does help that they still have more trophies than anyone else. No doubt.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am totally fine. I didn't expect to win the Super Bowl this year. That wasn't my expectations. My expectations were pretty close to what happened though. If you go back through the whole season and even before the season, all the things that happened. It was a pretty remarkable season. It does help that they still have more trophies than anyone else. No doubt.
    That pretty much sums it up for me. I honestly didn't think they would make the playoffs though. The experience of this season will make them a much better team next season though. Alot of younger guys got good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    I feel the same way too in that I am disappointed by the loss, but not angered or debilitated by it. Perhaps if the game had ended like the first Jets game I would have been, but I am thinking like Wy, we have won 2 in the recent past and with some minor tweeking, we'll win #7 in the near future. I am that guy though that thinks I would rather not go to the Super Bowl, than to go and lose.

I'm the same way if I can't go and win, I'd rather not have went at all. I was surprised that Clark made the same comment or has the same feelings. I'm sure there is a mix of players that feel the same way but I'm also sure some players enjoyed the fact they at least got to go, experienced the AFC championship and all the fun that had lead up to the Super Bowl.

Not to sound like a poor sport, I feel the Steelers gave this one away more than the Packers won the game. I gues you can say the Packers with their sytem/players caused us to play the way we did but I will never agree with that.
    To many mistakes on the Steelers side of the ball that turned out to be gifts to the Packers.
    For sure the Packers do not need to apologize for winning. The Packers made good with our mistakes.
    As much as the offense screwed us up by turning the ball over, the defense sucked even more for allowing them to score each time. The one turnover that developed in to instant points is understood but the other two........

Threads : 413

It is definitely a strange feeling to not be upset about this loss. I hate for the Steelers to lose ANY game. In my case, I just think with all the stuff that went on, from Ben's suspension to the O-line injuries to Smith and Troy being hurt, to needing 2 new kickers in the middle of the season, even getting to the SB was a huge accomplishment. We didn't win it, but simply knowing that we could have as opposed to not even having a chance in the game, makes it more a little more comforting. But that's me.

On the flip side, I hate to give away any opportunity to claim the Lombardi. The Steelers are a great organization. Arguably the best. Maybe the next couple of years we still compete for the trophy, but eventually the great players we have retire from the game. No guarantee that we replace them with equally great players and may have some down years where a rebuilding process is in play. So you want to take advantage of every opportunity you get.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 188
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This one kinda gnaws at me....maybe cause I'm getting old, the clock is tickin'! ..... SB XXX was a disappointment cause it took so long to get back, but we we a bigger underdog in that game.....I just really felt we were going to win this one, I was confident we were going to win.....just hate it when you're so close and it slips away.........but I'm absolutely ready for next season!
    "When you start talking about attitude and focus, Jack is the epitome. He was the most focused individual I've ever had."-- Chuck Noll

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I keep coming back to the way I philosophised in the play-offs. This season, we got further than we expected to, in spite of all the setbacks and lost to a decent team that I don't dislike.

I can live with it and I saw some improvements in areas we said pre-season needed to be changed. The improvements aren't complete (and they never will be, let's be honest - one bit gets fixed as another atrophies) but there's still the knowledge that the Steelers have the potential to compete again.

There are a lot of fans out there of teams who wish they could be as frequently in the challenging post-season, yet they know deep down that one draft/free agency period isn't going to do it. We're in a better position, right now, than they are.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I feel the same way, and agree with many of the points mentioned so far. We've won two recently and it wasn't expected so we're happy just to have been there with all we delt with.

I think one other VERY IMPORTANT factor is this: WE DIDN'T LOSE TO A ******BAG TEAM WITH A ******BAG FANBASE! Though disappointed we didn't win, I very happy for Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay people, for the most part, are good decent people. If we had been beaten by the ******bag Jets, and their ******bag fans, or the ******bag Patriots in the AFC Championship game, or had lost to the Cowboys (yeah right!) or Eagles in the SB, then I'd probably be REALLY ****ed.

It has finally happened, I have football withdraws. Next season can't get here fast enough.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    It has finally happened, I have football withdraws. Next season can't get here fast enough.
    Whatch some hockey with us Fezz

Threads : 10

This Super Bowl loss isn't bothering me all that much either. Now 15 years ago after the loss in SB XXX, I stayed in my bedroom and slept for nearly 2 straight days. That was a really depressing loss. I guess I'm becomming old enough, 45 years of age, to realize that there are more important things in life, lol. I also look at the Steelers 6-2 overall record in Super Bowl games and say to myself, ****! That's one hell of a record!

Yep, 6-2 in the Super Bowl is very impressive and something to be proud of. Steelers withdrawal sucks big time, but with the combine on tv this weekend and the draft just around the corner, the next thing you know mini camp will be here and then training camp. Time to start working on my mock draft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information