Thread: couple quick comment on Offense

Threads : 182

Default couple quick comment on Offense

Will do full game analysis later today but did notice that Steelers
    could have thrown quick outs to Holmes on several plays -- if CB is playing 10 yards off why don't they try and get 5 quick yards or audible to WR screen -- I'm sure Ben could see that.

Also what do you all think is reason Ben and O let play clock wind down to 0 practically every time they had the ball. Quite surprising if you asked me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: couple quick comment on Offense

Quote Originally Posted by steel0710 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will do full game analysis later today but did notice that Steelers
    could have thrown quick outs to Holmes on several plays -- if CB is playing 10 yards off why don't they try and get 5 quick yards or audible to WR screen -- I'm sure Ben could see that.

Also what do you all think is reason Ben and O let play clock wind down to 0 practically every time they had the ball. Quite surprising if you asked me.
    That's been a staple under Bruce Arians, let the play clock run down to zero. The Steelers barely get teams to jump offsides cause every team knows that under Bruce Arians we're going to run the play clock all of the way down.

In the first half Ben wasn't picking up on what the Broncos were doing defensively, at all. He wasn't reading blitzes well at all or coverages. There were times he should've audibled out and didn't. Blame to the WR's as well, cause I saw blitzes happen and didn't see WR's adjust to a hot route.

They were feeling Denver's D out for that half. Andrea Kremer interviewed Tmlin at half time and Tomlin said that Denver was throwing a ton of different packages out there and disguising stuff really well. He said it was all stuff they had seen on film but watching it and experiencing it is different. Basically the offense needed to get a feel for it and when they did, they exploited the **** out of the Broncos defense

Threads : 182

Default Re: couple quick comment on Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's been a staple under Bruce Arians, let the play clock run down to zero. The Steelers barely get teams to jump offsides cause every team knows that under Bruce Arians we're going to run the play clock all of the way down.

In the first half Ben wasn't picking up on what the Broncos were doing defensively, at all. He wasn't reading blitzes well at all or coverages. There were times he should've audibled out and didn't. Blame to the WR's as well, cause I saw blitzes happen and didn't see WR's adjust to a hot route.

They were feeling Denver's D out for that half. Andrea Kremer interviewed Tmlin at half time and Tomlin said that Denver was throwing a ton of different packages out there and disguising stuff really well. He said it was all stuff they had seen on film but watching it and experiencing it is different. Basically the offense needed to get a feel for it and when they did, they exploited the **** out of the Broncos defense
    Against better teams we won't be afforded the luxury of making mistakes like RM missing blitz pickups or giving up fumble or pic 6's. We need to take advantage of yards when they are available like the quick outs to Holmes if they are there.

I love that counter trap play and running it to the left side was very cool last night as well. now bengals will need to prepare for both.

I was thinking that possibly steelers just do simple stuff not expecting to gain too much but just to get a feel for the defensive alignment and then go with plays in 2nd half to attack a particular alignment. at one point I thought Ben realized they only had a S or a corner DB on wallace and he was rushing to the line to get a good matchup for wallace.

I realize your comment but I was thinking those extra seconds save time for D to rest and for OL to rest as well..maybe not intentional but a possible outcome.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information