Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Mendenhall answers the call

      
  1. #16
    sjdrewk
    sjdrewk's Avatar
    Status :
    Rank : Guest

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No idea what they will do. I just dont get it with some people though...I mean if the Patriots can take players and get the most out of them and avoid distractions then other teams should too...they just have to CHOOSE to do so.
    although I think LJ is an immense talent, I just wouldn't want him coming to our team.....but this statement right here that you make is a valid point. I really can't disagree with your point..I guess it all comes down to a higher standard and class in Pittsburgh.

  • #17
    Medium Ben's Avatar
    Status : Medium Ben is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Nov 3, 2009
    Location : New York City
    Posts : 372
    Threads : 8
    Last Online : Jan-26-2010 @ 11:01 AM

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    If the Steelers can get LJ for very little, and they think they need him, I would be all for it. But I get the feeling they don't think they need him.

  • #18
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many SBs has NE won since they traded for Randy Moss??
    They went to one and then lost their best player.

    Moss or no Moss they weren't winning last season.

    The point is that IF they are capable of it as an organization so are other organizations...you just have to have the right structure in place.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #19
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Medium Ben View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Steelers can get LJ for very little, and they think they need him, I would be all for it. [HIGH-LIGHT] But I get the feeling they don't think they need him.[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    Agreed.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #20
    sjdrewk
    sjdrewk's Avatar
    Status :
    Rank : Guest

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Medium Ben View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Steelers can get LJ for very little, and they think they need him, I would be all for it. But I get the feeling they don't think they need him.
    Well I think LJ is a bad seed and would be a locker room distraction.... however, if they did sign LJ I wouldn't be all up in arms over it. If he behaves, he can add to the team, if not, cut his *** at the slightest rumblings of mischief. WE don't want him ruining this seasons SB run.

  • #21
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Medium Ben View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Steelers can get LJ for very little, and they think they need him, I would be all for it. But I get the feeling they don't think they need him.
    Wasn't Denver the 3rd ranked rushing D??We ran through them like they were Swiss cheese.So,I would say that they don't need him.

  • #22
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I think LJ is a bad seed and would be a locker room distraction.... however, if they did sign LJ I wouldn't be all up in arms over it. If he behaves, he can add to the team, if not, cut his *** at the slightest rumblings of mischief. WE don't want him ruining this seasons SB run.
    That's the point exactly. NOW that he's cleared waivers its easy to sign him for the league minimum and then cut him if he doesn't act right. Keep him on a short leash.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #23
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't Denver the 3rd ranked rushing D??We ran through them like they were Swiss cheese.So,I would say that they don't need him.
    And if Mendenhall goes down?
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #24
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if Mendenhall goes down?
    Oh,come on,man.You can say that about any player in the league.Look what NE did last year without Homo.

  • #25
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the point exactly. NOW that he's cleared waivers its easy to sign him for the league minimum and then cut him if he doesn't act right. Keep him on a short leash.
    I hear what you're sayin'.... But I'll go back to what I said originally somewhere else in that I don't like the bit of signing a cat mid-season... I don't think we need him either considering his demeanor.... Just my 2 cents...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  • #26
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hear what you're sayin'.... But I'll go back to what I said originally somewhere else in that I don't like the bit of signing a cat mid-season... I don't think we need him either considering his demeanor.... Just my 2 cents...
    I dont know if we need him...I do know we need another top-flight RB. I think its folly and mildly idiotic to think that RM can do it all...in this league there is too much risk of injury to not have a viable backup.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #27
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont know if we need him...I do know we need another top-flight RB. I think its folly and mildly idiotic to think that RM can do it all...in this league there is too much risk of injury to not have a viable backup.
    Who did we have to back up SWP last year??

  • #28
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh,come on,man.You can say that about any player in the league.Look what NE did last year without Homo.
    Its a valid question. I am not saying that it will happen this year...not saying that we should 100% sign LJ...but eventually we're going to be confronted with a depth issue...normally you hope its at a position of strength or one that you can cope with (like DE for us this year)...but if its a place your weak and is an important position you're screwed. That's why we need to find a good 2ndary RB.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #29
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did we have to back up SWP last year??
    Mendenhall...then he got hurt and we went to MM...then we signed Davenport back I think.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • #30
    BigBen2112's Avatar
    Status : BigBen2112 is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 13, 2009
    Posts : 5,773
    Threads : 135
    Last Online : Jun-03-2014 @ 02:44 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mendenhall answers the call

    And PS...our running game sucked last year...so trying to use that as evidence in this discussion might not work advantageously LOL.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Quick Reply Quick Reply

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Members who have read this thread: 0

    There are no members to list at the moment.

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •