Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals v Steelers: Stats & Notes...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bengals v Steelers: Stats & Notes...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really dont. Just being honest. I think we cover the -7 spread.
    Hopefully you are correct.... I want to be able to tell myself Sunday night that I was a complete dumbass for even thinking this way, but I just haven't seen enough or a complete outing to the point to feel that way right now.... Laugh at me on Monday, but right now, I see a tough game in front of us...
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    We beat them in all but the score on my B-Day this year...if the same thing happens I expect the outcome to be different.
    That was your birthday? That sucks, especially since Les , NKy, Big Fan and I were in attendance...my b-day was 2 days later so that F'd both of us up, huh?

I was hoping for another bday W by the Stillers like last year versus B-whore.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Hopefully you are correct.... I want to be able to tell myself Sunday night that I was a complete dumbass for even thinking this way,...

I could save you the trouble and tell you right now.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They have to play their best football NKy, I agree for sure. It's similar to Minnesota, with a good ground game. This time though we need even better coverage on their wideouts. Henry being gone helps, right?

I want to see last year's D. None of this letting in first down after first down bs.

**** that tranny,Chris Henry.We beat these pussies up and down the ****ing field a month ago and that was without Troy.God help them on Sunday.

sjdrewk

Hopefully you are correct.... I want to be able to tell myself Sunday night that I was a complete dumbass for even thinking this way, but I just haven't seen enough or a complete outing to the point to feel that way right now.... Laugh at me on Monday, but right now, I see a tough game in front of us...
    It's not about loling at you or proving you wrong.....so I wouldn't do that...you can worry, it is fine- also keep the faith- the Stillers won't do us wrong. We are gonna roll to a 13-3 record.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last night's TD when they put in the four plays or whatever was a great sign. That was missing in their last game against the Bengals and essentially lost if for them. It was first and goal last night and they got the 7. No ****ing around. No 3rd and goal. No settling for a FG.

I think that and Troy's efficiency can really impact the game.

Threads : 135

Let's see...without Troy and without our top RB--RM didn't play at all I do believe--we out gained the Bungles by 100 yards and had the ball over 9 minutes more.

IF that is what happens this coming week...it will be over by the 3rd and we wont have to worry about a 4th Q comeback.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Holding Their Ground: Over the past nine years, Pittsburgh’s
    defense has been among the best at holding its opponents to the fewest rushing yards in the league. This season, the Steelers are giving up 70.4 yards per game on the ground, which is first in the AFC and in the NFL.

The Steelers allowed just 80.3 rushing yards per game in 2008. Pittsburgh ranked first in the AFC and second in the NFL in rushing defense and the 80.3 rushing yards per game were the secondleast the Steelers have allowed since the NFL merger in 1970 (74.4 in 2001).

In the past seven seasons, Pittsburgh has allowed an NFL-low eight 100-yard rushers. Baltimore is second with 15.

Additionally, since 1994 the Steelers have led the AFC in rushing defense eight times and the entire NFL three times.

Following is a look at the number of yards rushing the Steelers have allowed in each of the past nine seasons:

Red Zone Defense: The Steelers defense has allowed 11 scores (eight touchdowns, three field goals) in 17 possessions in the red zone this year.

Following is a look at how the Steelers’ defense has performed in the red zone in 2009:

Opponent...................... Att./Scores............ TDs ............FGs............ Pts
    Tennessee ......................... 3/1 .................... 1 ............. 0 ................ 7
    @ Chicago ........................ 2/2 .................... 2 ............. 0 .............. 14
    @ Cincinnati ..................... 2/2 .................... 1 ............. 1 .............. 10
    San Diego ......................... 2/2 .................... 2 ............. 0 .............. 14
    @ Detroit ........................... 1/1 .................... 0 ............. 1 ................ 3
    Cleveland .......................... 2/1 .................... 1 ............. 0 ................ 7
    Minnesota ......................... 5/2 .................... 1 ............. 1 .............. 10
    @ Denver .......................... 0/0 .................... 0 ............. 0 ................ 0
    Total ............................... 17/11 .................. 8 ............. 3 .............. 65
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Holding Their Ground: Over the past nine years, Pittsburgh’s
    defense has been among the best at holding its opponents to the fewest rushing yards in the league. This season, the Steelers are giving up 70.4 yards per game on the ground, which is first in the AFC and in the NFL.

The Steelers allowed just 80.3 rushing yards per game in 2008. Pittsburgh ranked first in the AFC and second in the NFL in rushing defense and the 80.3 rushing yards per game were the secondleast the Steelers have allowed since the NFL merger in 1970 (74.4 in 2001).

In the past seven seasons, Pittsburgh has allowed an NFL-low eight 100-yard rushers. Baltimore is second with 15.

Additionally, since 1994 the Steelers have led the AFC in rushing defense eight times and the entire NFL three times.

Following is a look at the number of yards rushing the Steelers have allowed in each of the past nine seasons:

Red Zone Defense: The Steelers defense has allowed 11 scores (eight touchdowns, three field goals) in 17 possessions in the red zone this year.

Following is a look at how the Steelers’ defense has performed in the red zone in 2009:

Opponent...................... Att./Scores............ TDs ............FGs............ Pts
    Tennessee ......................... 3/1 .................... 1 ............. 0 ................ 7
    @ Chicago ........................ 2/2 .................... 2 ............. 0 .............. 14
    @ Cincinnati ..................... 2/2 .................... 1 ............. 1 .............. 10
    San Diego ......................... 2/2 .................... 2 ............. 0 .............. 14
    @ Detroit ........................... 1/1 .................... 0 ............. 1 ................ 3
    Cleveland .......................... 2/1 .................... 1 ............. 0 ................ 7
    Minnesota ......................... 5/2 .................... 1 ............. 1 .............. 10
    @ Denver .......................... 0/0 .................... 0 ............. 0 ................ 0
    Total ............................... 17/11 .................. 8 ............. 3 .............. 65
    MSM,is that you??

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    MSM,is that you??
    Nah.... Just found me a new link... And a new toy.....

Nah.... Just found me a new link... And a new toy.....
    Does it vibrate??

In his 28 career games versus division opponents, Roethlisberger posted a perfect passer rating once (11/5/07 vs. Baltimore) and has recorded a passer rating of over 100.0 a total of 12 times.

The following is a look at his statistics against the AFC North in
    his 28 games as a starter:

[HIGH-LIGHT]28 games vs. AFC North (as a starter)[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    Record .................................................. ......... 23-5
    Completion Pct. (Comp.-Att.) ......................... 62.2 (475-764)
    Passing Yards ................................................ 6,075
    Passing Touchdowns ......................................... 42
    Interceptions ................................................. 27
    Passer Rating .................................................. 90.6

Also, the following is a look at Roethlisberger’s career statistics against AFC North opponents as a starter at home compared to the road:

Rising To The Occasion: QB Ben Roethlisberger is off to another great season in leading Pittsburgh to a 6-2 start in 2009. Roethlisberger leads the NFL in completion percentage (70.6) and fourth-quarter completion percentage (79.6).

Roethlisberger has a passer rating of 104.1, which is second in the AFC and in the NFL. He ranks in the top 5 in the NFL in completions (5th - 185), completion pct. (1st - 70.6), passing yards (5th - 2,295), average gain/pass (2nd - 8.76), passer rating (2nd - 104.1), fourth-quarter passer rating (3rd - 115.4) and fourthquarter completion percentage (1st - 79.6).

Roethlisberger has thrown to many different targets this year and the Steelers have two of the top 15 receivers in the NFL in receptions, including WR Hines Ward (T-7th - 49) and TE Heath Miller (14 - 43).

Home Cooking: QB Ben Roethlisberger owns a 32-8 (.800) mark in the regular season in his career at Heinz Field, including winning his first eight starts.

At Heinz Field, Roethlisberger is 690-of-1,083 (63.7%) for 8,843 yards with 55 touchdowns and 37 interceptions for a passer rating of 91.9. He has thrown for more than 300 yards six times and has 17 multi-touchdown games at home (14-3 record in such games). Roethlisberger has twice posted a perfect passer rating at home, including most recently in Week 9 of 2007 against
    Baltimore. He also had a perfect passer rating (158.3) against Tennessee in the 2005 season opener and has posted at least a 125.0 passer rating seven times.

The Steelers have scored at least 20 points in 33 of the 40 games at home with Roethlisberger as the starter.

Starting In Style: In his first six seasons, QB Ben Roethlisberger
    owns a 57-22 (.722) record as a starting quarterback in the regular season. That mark is the second-best in the NFL among all active quarterbacks.

The following is a look at the starting records of the top five active quarterbacks in the NFL (min. 25 starts):

BUMP.... ... Good **** in here..... (if you like stats)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information