Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 66 : Penguns @ Devils : 03.04.11

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Game 66 : Penguns @ Devils : 03.04.11

Last edited by Kipper; Oct-08-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think its BJ tonight. He is our ace for NJ.

Threads : 3263

Default Re: Game 66 : Penguns @ Devils : 03.04.11

Let's kick some *** tonight... I need a "pick-me-up"...

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

[HIGH-LIGHT]LET'S GO PENS!!![/HIGH-LIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think its BJ tonight. He is our ace for NJ.
    every time i think its BJ it never is

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Let's kick some *** tonight... I need a "pick-me-up"...
    Heck, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    every time i think its BJ it never is
    I hear ya but its back to back and he has had success against NJ. They have been saying it on the radio all day even though they did say it wasnt official word.

Threads : 77
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Oh this is epic.

Lol thats kind of random.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Lol thats kind of random.
    ... Much like my "mind" lately.....

March 4, 2011
    David Steckel still sorry for Crosby hit
    By Mike Mazzeo
    ESPNNewYork.com

NEWARK, N.J. -- New Jersey Devils center David Steckel remains remorseful and apologetic about his unintentional hit on Sidney Crosby that has contributed to the Pittsburgh Penguins center's extended absence with post-concussion symptoms.

Crosby hasn't played since Jan. 5, when he was hit head-first into the boards by Tampa Bay defenseman Victor Hedman.

But before that, he had absorbed a blindside hit to the head from Steckel, then with the Washington Capitals, during the Jan. 1 Winter Classic outdoors game in Pittsburgh.

It is not known if Crosby will be able to return this season.

Steckel, though, has tried to move on.

"It was completely unintentional," Steckel said Friday. "I didn't mean to hit him at all. I tried to get out of the way. And it's unfortunate because I feel bad that he's been out for so long. It's one of those things that's obviously uncertain."

Steckel was traded Feb. 28 by the Capitals to the Devils for center Jason Arnott.

The Devils and Penguins will rekindle their Atlantic Division rivalry Friday night at Prudential Center, and Steckel said he doesn't know if there's going to be any leftover animosity from the Pittsburgh players.

"I've already played them twice [when I was] with Washington," Steckel said. "So it's gonna be what it's gonna be. I can't control that."

The next time the Capitals played the Penguins, on Feb. 6, Steckel dropped the gloves with Tim Wallace. Each received five minutes for fighting in the third period of the Capitals' 3-0 victory.

Steckel said he hasn't spoken with Crosby since the hit.

"I talked to [Penguins defenseman] Deryk Engelland after the game and I said, 'Tell Sid I'm really sorry. I didn't see him at all,' " Steckel said.

The two players collided during the second period of the Winter Classic game. The 6-foot-5 Steckel was rushing up the ice when he shouldered the 5-foot-11 Crosby, who had turned his head to watch the play develop.

"I didn't even know that I hit him," Steckel told the Washington Post after the game. "I was coming back with the 3-on-3 and when the puck went the other way I was facing one way and I came back joined the rush. I didn't even know it was him until I looked back."

Said Crosby: "I couldn't even tell you what happened. I think the puck was going the other way and I turned and the next thing I know, I am down. I can't really comment on it. It's pretty far behind the play. Maybe the refs didn't even see it. A lot of people didn't, but I don't know. Got in my head, that's for sure, but I don't even know how it developed."

Pengiuns goalie Marc-Andre Fleury has mixed feelings about the incident.

"It's tough to say. I think hockey happens fast. We all know it," he said Friday. "And sometimes you do stuff that you really don't wanna do, I guess, but at the end of the day, though, he's the guy that got our captain out for a while.

"We're not gonna go and the coach is not gonna send some guys to slash his neck or something like that, but I know every guy is gonna play hard on him in a legal way and I know that's gonna be how it is for him."

Former Devils and current Penguins winger Mike Rupp said Pittsburgh still has some animosity toward Steckel.

"I would say so," he said, according to the Bergen Record. "It's just to the point where we've got to win hockey games. We haven't have talked about it, but we're still without our driving force and we feel that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6181633

Former Capitals forward David Steckel (above), now of the Devils, revealed today he attempted to apologize to Penguins captain Crosby through Penguins defenseman Deryk Engelland for a hit in the Winter Classic which injured Crosby (PG+). Crosby has only played one game since the Winter Classic due to a concussion.

Steckel said, "I talked to Derek Engelland afterward and said, ‘Tell Sid I’m really sorry. I didn’t see him at all.’

Engelland and Steckel are former teammates with the Hershey Bears.

-The hit in question:

Steckel was traded to the Devils Monday in exchange for Jason Arnott.

March 2, 2011
    Sidney Crosby still isn't symptom-free
    By Pierre LeBrun
    ESPN.com

TORONTO -- Sidney Crosby still isn't symptom-free since suffering a concussion Jan. 5, Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said Wednesday after his team's morning skate.

At this point, it's impossible to tell whether Crosby will return this season.

"We're anticipating sometime him getting better," Bylsma told reporters. "That may be a month, we don't know, it could be this summer."

Bylsma said there has been some progress, but it's unclear exactly what that really means.

"He's been doing a lot better," said Bylsma. "We hope that means he will return to 100 percent health sometime this spring. [But] I can't give you any kind of date on it."

Bylsma also confirmed that Paul Martin and Tyler Kennedy will play Tuesday night and that Chris Kunitz may return by the weekend.

"It was his second day of full practice today," Bylsma said of Kunitz. "He's progressing back to playing. It could be as soon as soon as this weekend. It may be further than that. ... Physical contact, getting back to that is an important part of his comfort level."

Kunitz has been out since Feb. 6 with a lower-body injury.

Kennedy missed one game with a lower-body injury and Martin missed four games with an upper-body injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6175020

Penguins-Devils Preview
    STATS LLC

The Pittsburgh Penguins' inability to close out games is costing them valuable points as they try to secure one of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference.

The New Jersey Devils are picking up so many wins that they could be playing themselves back into playoff contention.

The slumping Penguins will try to cool off Ilya Kovalchuk and the Devils, who look to pick up at least one point for an 11th straight home game Friday night.

Pittsburgh (37-21-7) has lost five of six, with three of those defeats coming after regulation. The Penguins, one of four teams in the East with more than 80 points, blew a third-period lead Wednesday and fell 3-2 in overtime at Toronto.

"We have to come together and figure out ways to win exactly these types of games," coach Dan Bylsma said.

The loss dropped Pittsburgh to 11-9-4 since losing Sidney Crosby to a concussion Jan. 5. The Penguins, who led the conference before his injury, have scored two or fewer goals in their last five losses.

Despite the slump and not knowing when Crosby will return, Pittsburgh has some reason to be optimistic about getting things turned around.

Chris Kunitz, who has 18 goals and 18 assists in 52 games, could return from a lower-body injury that has kept him out since Feb. 6. Right wing Tyler Kennedy and defenseman Paul Martin returned from injuries Wednesday.

While the Penguins are trying to get back on track, the Devils (28-31-4) are looking to keep up their hot streak. Although they are still on the outside of the playoff race, they have significantly closed the gap by going 18-2-2 since Jan. 9, including 9-0-1 at home.

"We just have to take care of our business and good things will happen," Kovalchuk told the Devils' official website. "We'll take one game at a time, practice hard, prepare the best we can and we'll see what's going to happen."

Kovalchuk assisted on the tying goal in the second period and scored the winner in the third of a 2-1 home win over Tampa Bay on Wednesday.

It was his fifth game-winning goal in 11 contests, a stretch during which he has seven goals and six assists. Kovalchuk has clearly keyed New Jersey's turnaround, with 24 points in the last 22 games after totaling just 21 through his first 40.

"He's got a knack for scoring and making plays," coach Jacques Lemaire about his $100 million forward. "He's got a touch. That's why he is making so much money."

Despite his success recently, Kovalchuk has been held off the scoresheet in three games against Pittsburgh (37-21-7) this season, including a 2-0 home win Jan. 20. The Penguins won the first two meetings.

New Jersey's recent surge has impressed Bylsma, although he's not surprised by it.

"A tale of two seasons for them," Bylsma said Thursday. "They are playing extremely well right now. ... It's not a new way for the Devils. It's typical Devils style hockey."

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=310304011

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information