Thread: Tiki Barber planning comeback

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Tiki Barber planning comeback

Barber, Giants' all-time leading rusher, planning comeback
    NFL.com
    March 8, 2011

Tiki Barber revealed Tuesday that he's planning to return to the NFL, four years after retiring as the New York Giants' all-time leading rusher.

Barber, the twin brother of Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Ronde Barber, already has filed the necessary papers with the league, according to the agency that represents him.

The Giants retain the rights to Barber, who will be 36 next season and has two years remaining on his contract, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported. The team would have to activate Barber, then decide whether or not to release him.

"After seeing how much fun Ronde is still having, it re-ignited my fire, and I'm looking forward to the challenge of seeing if I can get back to the level of where I was," Barber told NFL Network's and Fox Sports' Jay Glazer.

Barber retired following the 2006 season after 10 seasons with the Giants. He subsequently was hired as a correspondent for NBC's "The Today Show" and "Football Night in America."

The Giants won the Super Bowl without Barber in the 2007 season.

Barber was drafted by the Giants in the second round (36th overall) in 1997 and originally was used a third-down, change-of-pace back. He caught 142 passes out of the backfield in his first three seasons before taking a larger role in the offense.

Barber started 12 games in 2000 and recorded his first 1,000-yard rushing season. He caught a career-high 72 passes the following season, despite missing two games. In 2002, he rushed for 1,387 yards, beginning a streak of five consecutive seasons with over 1,200 yards.

In 2006, Barber's last season, he rushed for 1,662 yards -- the second-most in his career -- and added 465 yards on 58 receptions.

Barber has 10,449 rushing yards with 55 touchdowns and 586 receptions for 5,183 yards in his NFL career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tiki Barber planning comeback

Here's a clip form Tiki's Biopic.

'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information