Thread: "Habs Hate" thread!

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default "Habs Hate" thread!

(Thought I'd start this since they're next on the Penguins schedule.)

A Police investigation?... Are you serious?

Worst, most spoiled fans in pro sports!!! ....Cry Babies! Quit your whining already!!!

MONTREAL -- Montreal police confirmed they opened a criminal investigation Thursday into the devastating hit that placed Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty in the hospital with a cracked vertebra.

Police said they were acting on a complaint about the shot delivered by Boston Bruins captain Zdeno Chara earlier this week.

However, in a statement released Thursday, Pacioretty voiced his thoughts on a possible leagal action against Chara.

"I sincerely appreciate all of the support that I have received since my injury. I was disappointed that the NHL did not suspend Zdeno Chara. However, I have no desire for him to be prosecuted legally. I feel that the incident, as ugly as it was, was part of a hockey game," said Pacioretty.

"I understand that this is not my decision. I have respect and admiration for the authorities in Quebec. I simply wanted to make my opinion clear," he added.

The move came as people outside the hockey world piled onto the league, with federal politicians and a major NHL sponsor expressing outrage over a hit that failed to draw a suspension or fine.

The NHL's commissioner responded by firmly defending the league Thursday. Gary Bettman called the injury to Pacioretty horrific, but said it's part of the game. He also suggested the league can find new sponsors if an old one pulls out.

Law enforcement got involved Thursday following a request by Quebec's director of criminal and penal prosecutions, Louis Dionne.

A spokeswoman for Dionne said that, after seeing television footage of the incident, he issued a recommendation to the provincial Public Security department that an investigation be opened.

The department then forwarded the file to police.

"The police investigation will be held. Like all police investigations, evidence will be gathered and an investigation report will be submitted (to the DCPP)," said spokeswoman Martine Berube.

"(The DCPP) will then evaluate to see whether there's grounds for prosecution."

Asked what kind of punishment could be assessed in a case like Chara's, she replied: "It's too early to say. That would depend on what charges are laid. That's a little difficult to predict at this point."

The move came amid a burst of outrage after the National Hockey League declined to suspend Chara.

Earlier Wednesday, Dionne's own office downplayed talk of a criminal investigation but hardened its tone hours later when the league announced no sanctions would be taken.
    e sponsor and even the federal government were demanding action.

Air Canada waded into the debate, sending a letter late
    Later in the day, a major leagu Wednesday to the NHL.

In the letter, the airline threatened to withdraw its sponsorship unless the NHL moves to impose sanctions to reduce potential serious injuries.
    This is not a crime!

This is a crime!

How quickly they forget!!!

Default Re: "Habs Hate" thread!

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Air Canada waded into the debate, sending a letter late
    Later in the day, a major leagu Wednesday to the NHL.

In the letter, the airline threatened to withdraw its sponsorship unless the NHL moves to impose sanctions to reduce potential serious injuries.
    This is laughable as well. Where was Air Canada when Sid and other "non-Canadian market" players were injured?

Location : Pirates fan trapped 11 CTA stops north of Wrigley Field
    Threads : 72
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah. A guy goes to the hospital with a possible concussion after a calculated hit, and the NHL does not suspend the player.

Yeah, they should just not do anything about that.

Crybabies?

Get ****ing real.

BTW, police investigations are opened up more often than is reported.
    Free your *** and your mind will follow.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

The outcome of the hit was bad for sure. Not sure it was calculated.

I'm not sure how many Penguins fans called PPD after the Winter Classic demanding a police investigation into Steckels hit on Crosby or how many Bruins fans called for a police investigation into the Matt Cooke hit on Bergeron. But my guess would be zero!

God forbid something happens to a Canadiens player... Police investigations are launched, major sponsors make threats.

Over the top!

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by cocktailsfor2 View Post
    Yeah. A guy goes to the hospital with a possible concussion after a calculated hit, and the NHL does not suspend the player.

Yeah, they should just not do anything about that.

Crybabies?

Get ****ing real.

BTW, police investigations are opened up more often than is reported.
    I don't know C42. There's a difference between a simple calculated hit and a dirty hit. I watched that reply a ton of times to find something to blame on Chara simply cause I hate Chara and i found nothing. Little bit of a late hit that occurs all of the time but it was a soft little hit that had it not been at the worst place at the worst time on the ice is likely just a bump along the boards.

Habs fans (as usual) blowing something out of proportion. It's a shame what happened but this was mroe accidental and could be blamed more on rink design than anything done by Chara.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by (419)BlackNGold View Post
    The outcome of the hit was bad for sure. Not sure it was calculated.

I'm not sure how many Penguins fans called PPD after the Winter Classic demanding a police investigation into Steckels hit on Crosby or how many Bruins fans called for a police investigation into the Matt Cooke hit on Bergeron. But my guess would be zero!

God forbid something happens to a Canadiens player...[HIGH-LIGHT] Police investigations are launched,[/HIGH-LIGHT] major sponsors make threats.

Over the top!

That won't go very far.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information