Thread: Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 9 - @ Broncos

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Question Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 9 - @ Broncos

Please invite this guy redundantman to join us here!? I really like his posting style and miss reading his Redundant Thoughts where I usually visit first for Steeler gab. I remember him from the old Trib days and he was the same then. A good poster.

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-...num=1257860876
    Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 9 - @ Broncos

I have to get this off my chest. Bear with me a moment:

All right Donko fans get over it! Your team was overachieving. Your coach is a snot-nosed punk. Your defense has been completely exposed and Kyle Orton is your QB! What did you expect? KYLE ORTON?! And your punter is Mitch Berger? … who was presumably brought in for his ability to “pin teams deep”?! Yeah you’re right! This Kool-Aid is rather tasty!!!1

The Flavor-of-the-month has now changed and you can go back to being the mediocre also-ran that we all knew you’d be at the beginning of this season. Mark my words: the Broncos are done this year.

2. I just get so tired of the insipid band-wagonning that goes on in sports media circles. I positively LOVED it when Steve Young picked against us. Nothing could have made me feel better about this game
    3. I love that stupid MNF intro and theme song. It has the perfect balance of over-the-top schlock and sincerity.

4. Argyle end zone?
    GIS for “argyle sucks”

5. The Broncos opening drive was typical of the Steelers last year. The opponent’s offense takes the field and tends to move down it with ease. I knew that would be the last we’d see of effective Broncos offense (at least until the fourth quarter). DLB would adjust and shut them down. Come on man, it’s Kyle Orton.

6. And the Steelers opening offensive drive was typical of an Arians led offense.

7. Jimmy Football …

8. Kudos to Gruden owning up to sounding like a doofus when Orton got picked exactly one play after Gruden was running his mouth about how sharp Orton was looking.

9. According to the ESPN tools Josh McDaniel’s first challenge was lost because the Steeler defender initiated contact before the receiver got their second foot down … I wonder if they got that right.

10. In the first half the Broncos have a 4th and 5 that they try to convert. And they do. But they hold when they do. And of course the ubiquitous, “I’ve seen worse not called” color commentary immediately rears its stupid head.

11. At the end of the half did you notice how inept the Broncos 2 minute offense was?

12. The Steelers offense ran 18 plays in the first half. They did nothing. They were dominated in time of possession and I was never really worried ... other than that nagging doubt about the fourth quarter. Would the Steelers’ defense show up in the second half?

13. Proof that ESPN’s MNF Analysts are clueless #1: At the half Gruden was commenting on how the second half will be exactly like the first half … all defense.

14. Proof that ESPN’s MNF Analysts are clueless #2: Early in the second half Tirico commented that it had been a while since the Steelers “pass happy offense” was held in check.

15. Kemoeatu got beat like a drum on that sack fumble for 6. But otherwise did you notice how well the Oline played int his game? AS I recall the first false start occurred at 5:43 to go in the 4th quarter.

16. Now ladies and gentlemen, THAT is how you respond to the Broncos cheap score. 4 plays, 80 yards, 2 minutes, Big Ben.

17. Did you hear that Josh Reed kicked the extra point after the TD? He must be Jeff’s brother.

18. On the next Steelers possession Mitch Berger had them pinned deep. My immediately response was: Good, now the Steelers will drive for 96 yards for a TD.

19. Yeah yeah, Ben’s red zone INT (his first in over two years) was bad but at that point who really cared? The Broncos defense had the constitution of wet Kleenex. They couldn’t stop anyone. Just give Ben the ball at the end of the game and the Steelers were going to win.

20. And Mitch Berger comes up big with a 24 yard punt. Really Donko fans? … you REALLY thought you were going to win? That’s just so cute how deluded you were! That’s just adorable! Awww …

21. Hey a new Bon Jovi album. My wife was quoted as saying, “Didn’t they start playing country music or something?”

22. Huge players of the game: Ben, Rashard, Troy and … Tyrone Carter?

23. Signs you are going to lose a football game #10: Your coach uses his last challenge to preserve 16 yards on a presumed QB forward pass.

24. Man, did that game take forever to end or what? The outcome was long decided but the Steelers had trouble keeping the clock moving. A rap on the knuckles for both Mendenhall and Ward … stay in bounds when the Steelers are up at the end of the game.

25. Proof that ESPN’s MNF Analysts are clueless #3: Gruden saying at the end of the game how he loves the way the Steelers put teams away in the second half.

26. Gotta pick on Champ “Hurdle impersonator” Bailey, the Broncos awesome “shut-down corner getting vaulted by Ward at the end of the game.

27. If you look at the NFL who do you believe in? The Saints? Come on man … it’s the Saints (let’s give them some respect when they earn it). The Patriots … are old. The Colts … banged up. The Bengals … yeah right. The Cowboys … two words for you: Tony Romo. The “elite” teams in the NFL have their obvious flaws. How can you not feel good about the Steelers chances this year?

28. A warning to the Steelers and us fans: the Steelers just beat a team that had started believing its press clippings. They need to forget it and get on with taking the division back from the paper Bengals. In the post game comments Trent Dilfer was asked about the Steelers and the lack of attention they are receiving. Hey, the Steelers will never get the kind of attention that Drew Brees, Payton Manning or Tom Brady led teams will get. It’s a fact of life.
    Last edited by Skeeter; Nov-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.

sjdrewk

Default Re: Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 9 - @ Broncos

Wy,

Invite him over.

sjdrewk

26. Gotta pick on Champ “Hurdle impersonator” Bailey, the Broncos awesome “shut-down corner getting vaulted by Ward at the end of the game.

I couldn't ****ing stop laughing on that play watching my boy Hines smiling as he leaped over Champ. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Threads : 2
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I couldn't ****ing stop laughing on that play watching my boy Hines smiling as he leaped over Champ. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

It was the simply the best way to finish a full night of picking on the "best corner in the league"

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    Please invite this guy redundantman to join us here!?
    He also posts at the Planet.... He has received an invite (hopefully it's not in his "spam box")... But please feel free to invite him again if you want... I also enjoy his posts.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
    It was the simply the best way to finish a full night of picking on the "best corner in the league"
    Oh man, you said it BigMo! That was too perfect!

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The end of the game in the red zone, at that point in the game I felt sure that MT would just run the ball and if we get a TD oh well, not wanting to run the score up, but then little ******** Josh "Belicheat with your ****in retard hoody on" McDaniels uses a time out with 1:27 left and he is down by 11....glad our coaches more or less said..."****'EM"...pass for the TD.....LMAO......

As far as MNF cast projections....when they showed the entire casts' picks for the year and only one person was 8-0...Coach...Ditka (western PA guy)...and he picked the Steelers...I knew we had it in the bag. Hey BOOMER>>>>**** YOU...****in NE nutsack hanger.

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post
    Hey BOOMER>>>>**** YOU...****in [HIGH-LIGHT]NE[/HIGH-LIGHT] nutsack hanger.
    Hey... He has to go somewhere since the Buffalo Bills suck once again....

(but yea, he sucks... Can't stand the guy...)
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    Please invite this guy redundantman to join us here!? I really like his posting style and miss reading his Redundant Thoughts where I usually visit first for Steeler gab. I remember him from the old Trib days and he was the same then. A good poster.

http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-...num=1257860876
    Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 9 - @ Broncos

I have to get this off my chest. Bear with me a moment:

All right Donko fans get over it! Your team was overachieving. Your coach is a snot-nosed punk. Your defense has been completely exposed and Kyle Orton is your QB! What did you expect? KYLE ORTON?! And your punter is Mitch Berger? … who was presumably brought in for his ability to “pin teams deep”?! Yeah you’re right! This Kool-Aid is rather tasty!!!1

The Flavor-of-the-month has now changed and you can go back to being the mediocre also-ran that we all knew you’d be at the beginning of this season. Mark my words: the Broncos are done this year.

2. I just get so tired of the insipid band-wagonning that goes on in sports media circles. I positively LOVED it when Steve Young picked against us. Nothing could have made me feel better about this game
    3. I love that stupid MNF intro and theme song. It has the perfect balance of over-the-top schlock and sincerity.

4. Argyle end zone?
    GIS for “argyle sucks”

5. The Broncos opening drive was typical of the Steelers last year. The opponent’s offense takes the field and tends to move down it with ease. I knew that would be the last we’d see of effective Broncos offense (at least until the fourth quarter). DLB would adjust and shut them down. Come on man, it’s Kyle Orton.

6. And the Steelers opening offensive drive was typical of an Arians led offense.

7. Jimmy Football …

8. Kudos to Gruden owning up to sounding like a doofus when Orton got picked exactly one play after Gruden was running his mouth about how sharp Orton was looking.

9. According to the ESPN tools Josh McDaniel’s first challenge was lost because the Steeler defender initiated contact before the receiver got their second foot down … I wonder if they got that right.

10. In the first half the Broncos have a 4th and 5 that they try to convert. And they do. But they hold when they do. And of course the ubiquitous, “I’ve seen worse not called” color commentary immediately rears its stupid head.

11. At the end of the half did you notice how inept the Broncos 2 minute offense was?

12. The Steelers offense ran 18 plays in the first half. They did nothing. They were dominated in time of possession and I was never really worried ... other than that nagging doubt about the fourth quarter. Would the Steelers’ defense show up in the second half?

13. Proof that ESPN’s MNF Analysts are clueless #1: At the half Gruden was commenting on how the second half will be exactly like the first half … all defense.

14. Proof that ESPN’s MNF Analysts are clueless #2: Early in the second half Tirico commented that it had been a while since the Steelers “pass happy offense” was held in check.

15. Kemoeatu got beat like a drum on that sack fumble for 6. But otherwise did you notice how well the Oline played int his game? AS I recall the first false start occurred at 5:43 to go in the 4th quarter.

16. Now ladies and gentlemen, THAT is how you respond to the Broncos cheap score. 4 plays, 80 yards, 2 minutes, Big Ben.

17. Did you hear that Josh Reed kicked the extra point after the TD? He must be Jeff’s brother.

18. On the next Steelers possession Mitch Berger had them pinned deep. My immediately response was: Good, now the Steelers will drive for 96 yards for a TD.

19. Yeah yeah, Ben’s red zone INT (his first in over two years) was bad but at that point who really cared? The Broncos defense had the constitution of wet Kleenex. They couldn’t stop anyone. Just give Ben the ball at the end of the game and the Steelers were going to win.

20. And Mitch Berger comes up big with a 24 yard punt. Really Donko fans? … you REALLY thought you were going to win? That’s just so cute how deluded you were! That’s just adorable! Awww …

21. Hey a new Bon Jovi album. My wife was quoted as saying, “Didn’t they start playing country music or something?”

22. Huge players of the game: Ben, Rashard, Troy and … Tyrone Carter?

23. Signs you are going to lose a football game #10: Your coach uses his last challenge to preserve 16 yards on a presumed QB forward pass.

24. Man, did that game take forever to end or what? The outcome was long decided but the Steelers had trouble keeping the clock moving. A rap on the knuckles for both Mendenhall and Ward … stay in bounds when the Steelers are up at the end of the game.

25. Proof that ESPN’s MNF Analysts are clueless #3: Gruden saying at the end of the game how he loves the way the Steelers put teams away in the second half.

27. If you look at the NFL who do you believe in? The Saints? Come on man … it’s the Saints (let’s give them some respect when they earn it). The Patriots … are old. The Colts … banged up. The Bengals … yeah right. The Cowboys … two words for you: Tony Romo. The “elite” teams in the NFL have their obvious flaws. How can you not feel good about the Steelers chances this year?

28. A warning to the Steelers and us fans: the Steelers just beat a team that had started believing its press clippings. They need to forget it and get on with taking the division back from the paper Bengals. In the post game comments Trent Dilfer was asked about the Steelers and the lack of attention they are receiving. Hey, the Steelers will never get the kind of attention that Drew Brees, Payton Manning or Tom Brady led teams will get. It’s a fact of life.
    I invited him at the end of October along with a horde of others . Maybe he's not checked that e-mail. I shot him another invite just now

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information