Thread: Afternoon AAA and AA games

Threads : 94

Default Afternoon AAA and AA games

Afternoon games ......AAA and AA teams played the Blue Jay teams. here are several of the pitchers that I can remember off of the top of my head that pitched today.

Tyler Cox
    Craig Hanson
    Jeff Inman
    Noah Krol
    Jeff Locke
    Matt McSwain
    Diego Moreno
    Danny Moskos
    Cesar Valdez
    Duke Welker

AA starting lineups were.....

Aaron Baker...1st
    Brock Holt...2nd
    Greg Picart....SS
    Jememy Farrell....3rd
    Austin McClune....LF
    Starling Marte....CF
    Robbie Grossman....LF
    Ramon Cabrera....C

Farrell and Evan Chambers, a later inning replacement hit HRs that almost hit my rental. Farrell's shot was tattooed!

AAA lineups....

Shelby Ford.....1st
    Brian Friday.......2nd
    Chase D'Arnaud....SS
    Christian Colonel....3rd
    Jim Negrych.....LF
    Alex Presley.....CF
    Andrew Lambo.....RF
    Tony Sanchez....C

Diego Moreno was easily the star of the afternoon. He pitched late in the AAA game for an inning and when he took the mound about 20 to 30 players who were milling around knew he was about to pitch and all gathered around to watch him. He didn't disappoint.....he threw the cheese......96-97 on his FB.....88/89 on his off speed stuff. 1,2,3 inning!

Same thing happened when Welker when took the mound late in the AA game....these players most know when a show is about to begin. They do these when the hard throwing guys go to the mound.

Lambo was the hitting star he crushed a opposite field bases clearing double in the first inning that would have been a grand slam if not for the monster fence that protects the indoor batting cages.

Doumit showed up and took several AB's in both games then took the rest of the day off.

That's all I can think of now..... If you guys have any questions that might help my memory.
    Last edited by PittFaninVa; Mar-17-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Default Re: Afternoon AAA and AA games

Some other minor stuff I just thought of.....

Quincy Latimore was walking around in shorts and a tee shirt. I believe he might have an oblique injury.

Jared Lakind for the second day in a row was working with the lowest level players in camp. That doesn't bode well for him starting any higher than rookie ball.

Lastly it looks like Jesus Brito is now a pitcher...he played 3rd last year for WV.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Afternoon games ......AAA and AA teams played the Blue Jay teams. here are several of the pitchers that I can remember off of the top of my head that pitched today.

Tyler Cox
    Craig Hanson
    Jeff Inman
    Noah Krol
    Jeff Locke
    Matt McSwain
    Diego Moreno
    Danny Moskos
    Cesar Valdez
    Duke Welker

AA starting lineups were.....

Aaron Baker...1st
    Brock Holt...2nd
    Greg Picart....SS
    Jememy Farrell....3rd
    Austin McClune....LF
    Starling Marte....CF
    Robbie Grossman....LF
    Ramon Cabrera....C

Farrell and Evan Chambers, a later inning replacement hit HRs that almost hit my rental. Farrell's shot was tattooed!

AAA lineups....

Shelby Ford.....1st
    Brian Friday.......2nd
    Chase D'Arnaud....SS
    Christian Colonel....3rd
    Jim Negrych.....LF
    Alex Presley.....CF
    Andrew Lambo.....RF
    Tony Sanchez....C

Diego Moreno was easily the star of the afternoon. He pitched late in the AAA game for an inning and when he took the mound about 20 to 30 players who were milling around knew he was about to pitch and all gathered around to watch him. He didn't disappoint.....he threw the cheese......96-97 on his FB.....88/89 on his off speed stuff. 1,2,3 inning!

Same thing happened when Welker when took the mound late in the AA game....these players most know when a show is about to begin. They do these when the hard throwing guys go to the mound.

Lambo was the hitting star he crushed a opposite field bases clearing double in the first inning that would have been a grand slam if not for the monster fence that protects the indoor batting cages.

Doumit showed up and took several AB's in both games then took the rest of the day off.

That's all I can think of now..... If you guys have any questions that might help my memory.
    A crowd gathered to see Welker throw fastballs or see Welker throw batting practice?

Hansen, Locke and Grossman out of that bunch. How'd they look? we were talking about Grossman briefly a few days back (cant remember exactly about what). Hansen the injury riddled reliever. Was his control at least respectable?
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Welker did fine ....1,2,3, inning. He was only throwing 95 but it's still early. He has a BIG arm, the coaches really like him.

Locke pitched I believe 2 innings 88-92 range on the gun.....looked fine in the AAA game

Hanson got the job done in 2 innings but he was all over the place in the AA game.
    Last edited by PittFaninVa; Mar-18-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    Welker did fine ....1,2,3, inning. He was only throwing 95 but it's still early. He has a BIG arm, the coaches really like him.

Locke pitched I believe 2 innings 88-92 range on the gun.....looked fine in the AAA game

Hanson got the job done in 2 innings but he was all over the place in the AA game.
    I guess that brings up the bigger question... Can Duke Welker be somewhat salvaged as a Reliever? He was a disaster as a starter but like you said, he's got a big arm and some guys are made more for Relief than starting.

Sounds like Hansen's control with and without injury still stinks. If the kid can harness some of the wildness, but that's easier said than done.

Anyone or 2 in particular that has really jumped out at you and caught your attention so far?
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I guess that brings up the bigger question... Can Duke Welker be somewhat salvaged as a Reliever? He was a disaster as a starter but like you said, he's got a big arm and some guys are made more for Relief than starting.

Sounds like Hansen's control with and without injury still stinks. If the kid can harness some of the wildness, but that's easier said than done.

Anyone or 2 in particular that has really jumped out at you and caught your attention so far?
    Welker is a full time reliever now. He was hitting 99 on his FB last year. That alone gives him chances other pitchers don't get.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information