Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really, really sucks

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Really, really sucks

I haven't enjoyed an off season for the past 3 years, always some bull**** going on, making it sickening to think about the off season especially when we have a team who's potential and time clock is running out. Instead of being excited about the next season, the past 3 have been clouded with Ben's bull**** and now this year the strike. So much for getting updates on any off season practices, draft picks, future prospects, recovery from injuries and such....all I get is more bull****. These ****in idiots are going to **** up the greatest thing they had going on right now for the league.

I want to hear.......good things about my team in the off season.....and for upcoming season, I have enough bull**** in my regular everyday life...I don't need this from my favorite sport.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Really, really sucks

"Really, really sucks".... Yep, it really does....

Maybe it's just me.... But... The players sent a letter to NFL commish Roger Goodell in response to the letter he sent to them... And?... What is the news in this?... Why is the media acting as the middle man for the players and owners.?... Why are the owners and players sending copies to the media? Why are NFL players doing round table interviews with ESPN? It's all posturing and who can tweet the best soundbite. Why is the media providing the forum? The media is being played big time... How about some pride?... Make it stop!...

AAArrrggghhh!!!.....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 20

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Really, really sucks".... Yep, it really does....

Maybe it's just me.... But... The players sent a letter to NFL commish Roger Goodell in response to the letter he sent to them... And?... What is the news in this?... Why is the media acting as the middle man for the players and owners.?... Why are the owners and players sending copies to the media? Why are NFL players doing round table interviews with ESPN? It's all posturing and who can tweet the best soundbite. Why is the media providing the forum? The media is being played big time... How about some pride?... Make it stop!...

AAArrrggghhh!!!.....
    This is a circus for the media anyway. They can't stay away from it because it fills time in their otherwise useless programming schedule.

I've given up on ESPN as a credible source for sports info. If I want access to NFL news, NFL Network usually works well enough for me. SportsCenter sucks dog dick!

The reality is that Goodell and Smith are neophytes at the negotiating table and are very likely, at this point, to turn the CBA talks into a giant ****ing contest.

I'm not really thrilled with the prospect of the NFL not playing on time or, worse, at all next season. But life will go on and I'm sure I will find something of value to do with my time.
    buckeyehoppy 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Pick-em' Contest Champion and 2013 Finalist!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm gonna be honest... I love this to an extent. I don't love that there's haggling back and forth and no CBA and such but I love that I and the rest of us aren't having to deal with some bullcrap drama like last year. The entire Ben thing killed not only enthusiasm and enjoyment last season but it really made me start disliking people more than I usually do. The amount of over dramatic, queen crap I saw come from last offseason made me personally more sick than anything.

I am enjoying the calm right and especially as An Admin, this is like a vacation after last year which felt like controlling riots
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 164

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    I'm gonna be honest... I love this to an extent. I don't love that there's haggling back and forth and no CBA and such but I love that I and the rest of us aren't having to deal with some bullcrap drama like last year. The entire Ben thing killed not only enthusiasm and enjoyment last season but it really made me start disliking people more than I usually do. The amount of over dramatic, queen crap I saw come from last offseason made me personally more sick than anything.

I am enjoying the calm right and especially as An Admin, this is like a vacation after last year which felt like controlling riots

LOL!!! Tooo funny
    "ARRRGGHHH THERE WILL BE MUTTON TONIGHT!" Said the Troll

Quote Originally Posted by bdeff View Post
    LOL!!! Tooo funny
    im telling ya bdeff, this has been great so far. Yeah there's the possibility of half a season or no season next year but as longas I don't have to worry about players screwing up for the Steelers in the offseason, the fan base going into some rdiciulous panic, I'm not going to complain too much.

If we do miss a half to a full season its only going to make our thirst for football that much greater which isn't a bad thing. We'll all become better college experts with no NFL

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually think there is going to be a full season, partly because a judge ruled that the league can't have the tv revenue money as long as the players are locked out. Add to that the beating that the owners are taking in the image department and it adds up to greed and ego is the motivation to get a deal done.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 1

Sundays will be different if their aren't football games to watch and I will certainly miss watching the Steelers. But, like everyone else, I earn a living, pay the expenses for our family and then determine how to spend the expendable money that we have. There are plenty of ways to entertain our family on Sunday afternoon or any other time that we would normally be watching Steeler football and that's what we'll do.

This is the same for any entertainment industry, if the actors guild goes on strike, I don't watch movies or sitcoms, etc. It's your time and money, you may actually find something to do that you really enjoy.

I'll miss Steeler football (if games get canceled), but I won't walk around like it's the end of the world. Some other form of entertainment will be the beneficiary

Papillon.
    Last edited by Papillon; Mar-27-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At that time of year, my internal clock tells me I am supposed to be watching Steelers Football and if it's not there it will throw me off and have me wondering what I am to do, but I will adjust and turn it into family time. It'll be alright..........at least that is what I keep telling myself
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 60

Would have been extra great for us to have won the Super Bowl last season just in case there is a lockout this season. We would have had two years in a row of enjoying being the Super Bowl champs.

I think our Steelers are at the fringe of youth and aging players and this season would have been the last season for many of the older players to make their final claim on another Super Bowl win.

im telling ya bdeff, this has been great so far. Yeah there's the possibility of half a season or no season next year but as longas I don't have to worry about players screwing up for the Steelers in the offseason, the fan base going into some rdiciulous panic, I'm not going to complain too much.

If we do miss a half to a full season its only going to make our thirst for football that much greater which isn't a bad thing. We'll all become better college experts with no NFL
    I just know that Good Ol' Rog and DeMaurice are going to do all they can to **** up a good thing with the NFL.

Personally, I'm not going to mind watching some college ball on Sunday's next year. You know that they will move some prime time action to Sundays to fill the void. Also, just found out my friend's nephew accepted an offer to play college ball at Grove City, so I will be coming out to Western PA to watch some D-III action. So, for me, I don't think I will be missing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Sundays will be different if their aren't football games to watch and I will certainly miss watching the Steelers. But, like everyone else, I earn a living, pay the expenses for our family and then determine how to spend the expendable money that we have. There are plenty of ways to entertain our family on Sunday afternoon or any other time that we would normally be watching Steeler football and that's what we'll do.

This is the same for any entertainment industry, if the actors guild goes on strike, I don't watch movies or sitcoms, etc. It's your time and money, you may actually find something to do that you really enjoy.

I'll miss Steeler football (if games get canceled), but I won't walk around like it's the end of the world. Some other form of entertainment will be the beneficiary

Papillon.
    Like I said to Kip, I think we'll see some marquee college games on Sunday's this year if the NFL is on the sideline. Also, I hope the MAC does some Sunday games instead of the Tuesday night specials with family and friends they have trotted out the past few years. Would love to get down to Kent to see the Flashes and Sunday would be a great time to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    Like I said to Kip, I think we'll see some marquee college games on Sunday's this year if the NFL is on the sideline. Also, I hope the MAC does some Sunday games instead of the Tuesday night specials with family and friends they have trotted out the past few years. Would love to get down to Kent to see the Flashes and Sunday would be a great time to do just that.
    There will probably be a lot more attention given to the whole College Football side by everyone just because people will want to watch football. We might have a favorite team etc... but we all do enjoy the sport, we enjoy watching the sport and without the NFL a void is going to have to be filled on the TV revenue side... You can bet your *** they will be throwing marquee games on sunday if there's no NFL. This is good for all fans of College Football too since it opens up more slots on television for more College games which means different teams will get more TV time nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    I just know that Good Ol' Rog and DeMaurice are going to do all they can to **** up a good thing with the NFL.

Personally, I'm not going to mind watching some college ball on Sunday's next year. You know that they will move some prime time action to Sundays to fill the void. Also, just found out my friend's nephew accepted an offer to play college ball at Grove City, so I will be coming out to Western PA to watch some D-III action. So, for me, I don't think I will be missing much.
    Rog is just a puppet. He's a single mouthpiece that is collecting all of the owners words and then dispensing them. He's really quite useless as anything else but that.

At this point it's going to be difficult for them to not at least miss some time and I just don't see any end in sight either mainly because the core of the players unions complaint comes down to Trust. Their trust isn't going to be gained with ease and unless more transparency is presented by the owners I think the players union just sits with their arms crossed.

With the NHL, the players union broke first in the stare down. in the MLB back in the early 90's, Selig and the owners caved on I swear pretty much everything of any importance. One side is going to budge. Who budges?

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rog is just a puppet. He's a single mouthpiece that is collecting all of the owners words and then dispensing them. He's really quite useless as anything else but that.

At this point it's going to be difficult for them to not at least miss some time and I just don't see any end in sight either mainly because the core of the players unions complaint comes down to Trust. Their trust isn't going to be gained with ease and unless more transparency is presented by the owners I think the players union just sits with their arms crossed.

With the NHL, the players union broke first in the stare down. in the MLB back in the early 90's, Selig and the owners caved on I swear pretty much everything of any importance. One side is going to budge.[HIGH-LIGHT] Who budges?[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    Who runs out of cash first?
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information