Thread: Team Make Up

Threads : 215

Default Team Make Up

First strike or not, there is a lot on the pitchers! They need to perform admirably or the ship sinks, even for the optimists. Once upon a time, I thought we had pitching. We didn't.

Shortstop is an area of ambiguity. How is Cedeno going to play........both ways.

Catcher's offense is another area that has needs. The Pirates have sold out Doumit and Jaramillo for Snyder. Snyder is a lot like Tom Prince, only bigger, I think. Can Brown play catcher and first at AAA? Doumit is still going to end up on a big city team and play well enough to win.

Can the Pirates actually keep Tabata, McCutchen, Diaz, Jones and Bowker?

How about Marte, Ciriaco, and JRod? I just left out Pearce.

They need 12 pitchers to start the season.

Trade for JRod and send him to AAA for now? Does Bowker have an option?

And finally, I would like to know what we have immediately, in AAA. Who gets the cup of coffee, if someone gets hurt.

It looks like we need to go with two catchers with viable guys in the next level.

Lastly, If we trade for JRod and send him and Brown down, do we halt someone's development ?

I love the people giving first hand insights at spring training..............Thank You.
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

Threads : 277

Default Re: Team Make Up

Unless we count someone in Bradenton--who soon will be sent to AAA--I don't think we have any position players at Indy, who are on the cusp of major league ready or could contribute consistently in "the bigs.".

Maybe one of the pitchers, but nobody at the corner infield and outfield positions, who is equal or better than our likely ML starters.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Team Make Up

I have been impressed by Bowker, Ciriaco especially, this spring. Bowker has hit the ball hard every time I have seen him and looks comfortable at the plate and looks like he has viable pop in his bat.
    Defensively, I would be tempted to start Ciriaco at short. There doesn't seem to be any concentration issues with him, and my God, does he have an arm. His arm reminds me of Aramis's. I really believe he will be a better hitter than Cedeno as well, so far, and I know it is only ST, he doesn't swing at as many bad pitches as ronny does.
    I believe if it doesn't look like J-Rod is gonna head north, that the Buccos will look to trade for him. I believe they like him enough to not want to lose him.
    my big questions are, how has Josh Fields looked? How long until Lambo gets to Pittsburgh?
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information