Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: Minor league roster assignments?

      
  1. #1
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Minor league roster assignments?

    Here is an early look at possible roster assignments which will become official in about 10 days. As always these assignments are subject to change depending on how the ML roster shakes out.


    AAA

    1st.......Matt Hague
    2nd......Brian Friday
    SS.......Chase D'Arnaud
    3rd.......Josh Harrison
    LF.........Alex Presley
    CF........Gorkys Hernandez
    RF........Andrew Lambo
    C..........Dusty Brown / Jason Jaramillo / Kris Watts


    AA

    1st......Aaron Baker
    2nd.....Brock Holt
    SS......Jordy Mercer
    3rd......Jeremy Farrell
    LF........Q. Latimore
    CF........Starling Marte
    RF........Robbie Grossman
    C..........Tony Sanchez

    A+

    1st......Matt Curry
    2nd.....Jarek Cunningham
    SS.......Ben Gonzalez
    3rd......Elevys Gonzalez
    LF........Rogelio Norris
    CF.......Evan Chambers
    RF.......David Rubinstein / Jose Hernandez
    C.........Ramon Cabrera

    A

    1st........Justin Howard
    2nd.......Drew Maggi
    SS........Gift Ngoepe
    3rd........Eric Avila/ Andy Vasquez
    LF..........Dan Grovatt
    CF.........Mel Rojas
    RF.........Wes Freeman
    C...........Elias Diaz
    Last edited by Kipper; Apr-03-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added the minors Tag

  2. #2
    tocchet92's Avatar
    Status : tocchet92 is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 19, 2009
    Posts : 1,383
    Threads : 138
    Last Online : Jul-14-2012 @ 11:09 AM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A

    1st........Justin Howard
    2nd.......Drew Maggi
    SS........Gift Ngoepe
    3rd........Eric Avila/ Andy Vasquez
    LF..........Dan Grovatt
    CF.........Mel Rojas
    RF.........Wes Freeman
    C...........Elias Diaz
    I thought Ngoepe was primarily a second-baseman and Maggi primarily a SS. Any thoughts?

  3. #3
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by tocchet92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Ngoepe was primarily a second-baseman and Maggi primarily a SS. Any thoughts?
    In camp they were playing both positions. I would think that will continue throughout the season.

  4. #4
    CROSSBONES's Avatar
    Status : CROSSBONES is offline
    Rank : All-Pro
    Join Date : Oct 17, 2009
    Posts : 4,412
    Threads : 215
    Last Online : Aug-15-2016 @ 06:32 PM

    Default

    I could see some interesting players at Charleston this year.
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

  5. #5
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Gorkyz promotion to AAA That couldn't have been based on success at AA.

    What was it PFIV? Age? Marte needing a spot?
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  6. #6
    pittvolunteer's Avatar
    Status : pittvolunteer is offline
    Rank : Waterboy
    Join Date : Feb 28, 2011
    Posts : 4
    Threads : 0
    Last Online : Mar-24-2011 @ 06:03 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by tocchet92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Ngoepe was primarily a second-baseman and Maggi primarily a SS. Any thoughts?
    Maggi told me he will be playing in West Virginia at SS when I was there over the weekend.

  7. #7
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gorkyz promotion to AAA That couldn't have been based on success at AA.

    What was it PFIV? Age? Marte needing a spot?
    Gorkys was starting to figure it out a bit when he got hurt last year and yes the arrival of Marte....plus he has been at AA 2 years.

  8. #8
    carney2's Avatar
    Status : carney2 is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Sep 1, 2010
    Posts : 271
    Threads : 35
    Last Online : Dec-28-2015 @ 12:29 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    I think I'd rather be watching some of the minor league teams than the PNC bunch.

  9. #9
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by carney2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'd rather be watching some of the minor league teams than the PNC bunch.
    Buy season tickets to the Indianapolis Indians and your wish is granted with ease
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  10. #10
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buy season tickets to the Indianapolis Indians and your wish is granted with ease
    The roster at Indy is the one most likely to change. You rarely see an all prospect lineup at AAA. More than likely a vet or 2 is going to find his way in that lineup.

  11. #11
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The roster at Indy is the one most likely to change. You rarely see an all prospect lineup at AAA. More than likely a vet or 2 are going to find their way in that lineup.
    I'm not the one complaining about wanting to watch "some" of the minor league teams instead of the MLB team. Carney2 is the one you want to give pointers to with what teams to watch the most
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  12. #12
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not the one complaining about wanting to watch "some" of the minor league teams instead of the MLB team. Carney2 is the one you want to give pointers to with what teams to watch the most

    Just making a point....that's all.

  13. #13
    Kipper's Avatar
    Status : Kipper is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 8, 2009
    Posts : 67,323
    Threads : 1817
    Last Online : Apr-25-2017 @ 08:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just making a point....that's all.
    with regards to your point thoguh, there's some intriguing players in the AAA lineup this year. The lineup you listed has some interesting prospects (Hague, D'Arnaud, Lambo, Hernandez) and an interesting pitching staff potentially as well with Morris, Owens, Lincoln in there..
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard


  14. #14
    PittFaninVa's Avatar
    Status : PittFaninVa is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 28, 2009
    Posts : 2,433
    Threads : 94
    Last Online : Jun-07-2011 @ 10:03 PM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not the one complaining about wanting to watch "some" of the minor league teams instead of the MLB team. Carney2 is the one you want to give pointers to with what teams to watch the most
    I should have quoted Carney....sorry.

  15. #15
    Lup's Avatar
    Status : Lup is offline
    Rank : Minor Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 18, 2009
    Posts : 605
    Threads : 36
    Last Online : Oct-01-2013 @ 09:32 AM

    Default Re: Minor league roster assignments?

    Kip, I think you are underestimating Harrison and possibly Presley. If Presley proves that last year wasn't a fluke he's a legit prospect. Harrison hits everywhere he goes. He also very rarely K's. He does need to add a few BB's and some pop. I just think he has a good enough stick to stick at some point.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •