Thread: The Favre of linebackers is back

Threads : 60

Default The Favre of linebackers is back

Seau to help Patriots' linebacker corps.

Linebacker Junior Seau, whose return to the New England Patriots has been long-anticipated, made it official Tuesday, according to a news release from Versus.

Seau, who has been shooting episodes for his show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," on the network, will provide depth and leadership at linebacker, where the Patriots have had a run of injuries.

Seau played the last four games of the 2008 season for the Patriots, and said this fall that he would be willing to return to play, but only for New England.

He likely will make this season's debut Sunday at home against the Tennessee Titans, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported last week. The Patriots will have to make a roster move to accommodate Seau on their 53-man roster.

"I'm very fortunate and honored to be involved with two class organizations -- the New England Patriots and Versus," Seau said in the statement. "I want to thank the management of both for making my return to the NFL with the New England Patriots a reality."

Coach Bill Belichick, when asked about Seau's reported signing during a conference call Tuesday afternoon, said: "We don't have anything to say about it."

For a so called genius who supposedly works the draft masterfully he just can't seem to draft and develop talent at the linebacker position. When does Bruschi return?

sjdrewk

Can't say I didn't see this coming....Belicheat likes to dig up fossils from the cretaceous era. lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information