Thread: Is It My Deodorant or Me?

Threads : 277

Default Is It My Deodorant or Me?

I notice that I have five threads among the top 10 (chronologically) and plenty of "looks," but just one comment from Bennie,

Is it too soon to talk NFL Draft or am I posting uninteresting threads?

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is It My Deodorant or Me?

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I notice that I have five threads among the top 10 (chronologically) and plenty of "looks," but just one comment from Bennie,

Is it too soon to talk NFL Draft or am I posting uninteresting threads?

I don't know. Maybe peeople are just sour in general over the SB loss and the state of the NFL right now, that the Draft just seems a little less interesting? That's how where I am at least. I've been reading them, keep posting them but I just haven't had more than 2 thoughts on the topics to rub together and formulate a post.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, DC, I have little to add pre-draft, since my knowledge of College football can be summed up in one word: Nothing. With no college allegiance, I only very occasionally watch a game. Still, just about a month to the draft, so I'd better start sifting through those Youtube highlight clips. Then I'll be as informed as Mike Brown!
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Fair enough; as a retiree, I do have time for this nonsense and other sports trivia. Plus, nothing I say, do, or write will influence the Steelers.

But, it is fun "playing" GM and there is so much more "grist" available with several Net sites with dozens of mocks, plus all of the network and other media sites.

Plus Kipper, when God answers your prayers and the Bucs bust out 10-0 to start the season, nobody is going to want to talk "Steelers draft, just how well Cutch, Walker, Tabata, and Alvarez are hitting and Morton's back-to-back shutouts, or the equivalent.!!

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm happy to read any insights but, being from the UK (and only coming out here a few years ago), my knowledge of the game at NFL level has been a "fast installation". I think that, prior to moving to the Pgh area, my prior contact with football was when the Bears were big in the '80s (William "The Refrigerator" Perry was all over the UK media promoting Channel 4's live game broadcasts).

Thanks for sharing the info, mate! I appreciate everyone's posts in this area because, dang it, there are so many more College teams than NFL teams to keep track of.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry.

I'm more of a ...."Sit and wait to see who the Steelers draft, then *****" kind of guy!

Fair enough; as a retiree, I do have time for this nonsense and other sports trivia. Plus, nothing I say, do, or write will influence the Steelers.

But, it is fun "playing" GM and there is so much more "grist" available with several Net sites with dozens of mocks, plus all of the network and other media sites.

Plus Kipper, when God answers your prayers and the Bucs bust out 10-0 to start the season, nobody is going to want to talk "Steelers draft, just how well Cutch, Walker, Tabata, and Alvarez are hitting and Morton's back-to-back shutouts, or the equivalent.!!
    If any prayers are answered I'd see some .500 ball :d too much greed is bad karma

I'm kinda like the others that have mentioned int his thread, I follow more than I dive into it with the NFL draft. It wears me down. It wore me down at the Trib where it became nauseating to see everyone with these gay little Mock drafts in their signatures that would change almost daily . It all took the original joy of the Draft out of it for me.

when it gets closer to the draft and the actual orders (not the fan based fantasy orders) are put out, I then usually go and check out the players, look at their combine videos, fi9nd youtubes, read up on them etc... and then make both guesses and preferences. When it comes to the Steelers or the Penguins for that matter, when you draft this low, some of the intrigue dies a little bit. The Steelers are going to get a good 1st Rounder. They generally hit on their first rounders under Kevin Colbert

Which makes me wonder if they should package their choices in Rounds 2 and 3 and try and either move into the first or get a high second rounder?

War Machine, if you want an "education" in the the NFL draft, PM me and I'll give you a list of mock draft sites and pretty soon it's "osmosis" as you see the same names show up roughly in the same priorities relative to their position and "value" and, independently, you begin to derive your own original thoughts based on what (position/player) your favorite team needs and who might be around when they choose.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most people just aren't in draft mode yet, but in another week or so this place is gonna start getting busy.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 55
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Apparently None Of Yinz Wanna Address The Thread Topic...So...Here I Go...Yes DC...It Is Both You And Your Deoderant!!! Your Threads Are Tight Though...
    Hidden Content

"PAPPY" 39~10
    ~ICP 010~

Thank God, it's not my breath, too!

I am looking forward to reading your 2011 draft comments. I sense you have a favorite in the First Round at #31.

Which makes me wonder if they should package their choices in Rounds 2 and 3 and try and either move into the first or get a high second rounder?

War Machine, if you want an "education" in the the NFL draft, PM me and I'll give you a list of mock draft sites and pretty soon it's "osmosis" as you see the same names show up roughly in the same priorities relative to their position and "value" and, independently, you begin to derive your own original thoughts based on what (position/player) your favorite team needs and who might be around when they choose.
    You know I was thinking about this, this morning.

This time of the year there's generally a ton of talk about the Draft. Not just on Message boards but in the media. Talk, print, online. This year? Tame, very very tame. I've not had one person mention the draft to me outside of the Tavern this year.

I think that the lockout has sort of taken a lot of the draft talk away and interest away from people. I think there's been this solemn mood over Steeler Nation since the Super Bowl XLV loss where there was this need for a "break" after all of the hoopla.

It just definitely seems different this year

You may have nailed it, Kip, but the NFL Draft will occur in three weeks and the Steelers are going to take someone.

O-line screams for some talented youth, but they could get by if Max returns, Colon moves to RG, and they squeeze another year out of Flozell. (Of the returning "starters," Kemo looks the worst, which means they might need to go OG twice.

D-line could use another shot of youth, too.

Ditto, CB, but if they sign Ike while some talented youth would be nicer, they might get away with some combination of Lewis and Gay or even Cromartie-Smith from the PS. And, they just don't go DB in the First Round. (There also will be some "Second Round" talent there when they pick in #2.)

I want to see Dwyer play before I concede the B&G need a RB.

Despite moving up the kickoff line, I would like to see the Steelers get a young K. Two of the better ones available also punt (Henery and Forbath), so they could be insurance for Sepulveda.

We'll see.

But remember, they always bring in the kid who they are going to grab first, so that young man has been or will be in town.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information