Thread: Pirates' Hurdle sets batting order for season

Threads : 691

Default Pirates' Hurdle sets batting order for season

Pirates' Hurdle sets batting order for season
    Saturday, March 26, 2011
    By Colin Dunlap, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    TAMPA, Fla. -- Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said this morning that the shuffling with the top of the batting order from last season tried in spring training will almost certainly carry over to opening day, when the club plays Friday against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field.

The new look top of the Pirates lineup will have left fielder Jose Tabata in the leadoff spot, second baseman Neil Walker second, center fielder Andrew McCutchen third, first baseman Lyle Overbay fourth and Pedro Alvarez, the third baseman, hitting fifth.

"I want to see it play out in the season," Hurdle said. "There are some things in spring training that never translate. ??? I want to see it in the season, I want to see it in the season when the flame is on."

Last season, McCutchen hit primarily first, Tabata hit in the second spot, Walker hit third, Overbay was with the Toronto Blue Jays last season and Alvarez hit fifth in 69 of the 95 games he played with the club.

Colin Dunlap: cdunlap@post-gazette.com

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11085...#ixzz1HjRTTom4
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pirates' Hurdle sets batting order for season

I am convinced that this lineup can score some runs and maybe for once, help out a pitching staff that is going to need more run support than they've gotten in the past. I remember quite a few times last season the offense wasting solid pitching performances by blowing great scoring chances that could've made a huge difference in the road record. This is where the new staff can make a marked improvement immediately.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information