Thread: From the Cincy newspapers...

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default From the Cincy newspapers...

November 10, 2009
    Three & Out: Bengals-Steelers
    By Joe Reedy
    jreedy@enquirer.com

1. Run stoppers: The Steelers are the league's top team against the run, giving up 70.4 yards per game while the Bengals rank second at 83.9 yards allowed per game. However it should be an interesting matchup between running backs. Cedric Benson is second in the league with 837 yards. Pittsburgh's Rashard Mendenhall rushed for 155 in the win over Denver.

2. Revenge motive: Pittsburgh led by 11 early in the fourth quarter before the Bengals scored two touchdowns to rally. Take away a questionable Mike Tomlin going for it on fourth down and Limas Sweed's drop in the end zone, and the Steelers should've had a comfortable lead. If the Steelers do get up by more than one score, don't expect Tomlin to make the same mistakes twice.

3. Knocking down Big Ben: Ben Roethlisberger is one of the toughest quarterbacks to bring down, but the Bengals did get a sack in the first meeting and have 21 on the season. Defensive tackle Domata Peko said the biggest key for the defense will be putting pressure on Roethlisberger and also forcing him to throw it to spots where the Bengals want him to throw.

Game details

Bengals at Steelers: 1 p.m. Sunday; Heinz Field, Pittsburgh

TV: CBS. The No. 1 team of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms are the announcers.

Radio: WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7).

Last week: The Bengals (6-2) defeated Baltimore 17-7 while the Steelers (6-2) are coming off an impressive 28-10 Monday night victory at Denver.

Coaches: Marvin Lewis (52-52-1 overall) is in his seventh year with the Bengals and is 4-10 against the Steelers. Mike Tomlin (31-13 overall) is in his third season with the Steelers and is 4-1 against the Bengals.

Series: Steelers lead 48-31 and 5-3 in games played at Heinz Field since it opened in 2001. The Bengals broke a five-game losing streak to the Bengals with a 23-20 win in Week 3 when Andre Caldwell caught a 4-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer with 14 seconds remaining.

Let the talking begin
    by jreedy November 10th, 2009

A day after beating the Broncos, the Steelers were already back at work after a cross-country flight preparing for Sunday’s first-place game agains the Bengals.

Wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said after the Bengals beat the Ravens that he was going to be sending something in the mail for the Steelers secondary. If a package does arrive safety Ryan Clark has his own thank-you gift in mind.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Clark said on Chicago’s ESPN Radio 1000: “We don’t do a lot of trash talking, we just play with our pads, so if we get some we’ll accept it, everybody likes gifts, you can never have too much deodorant. You know I’ll use it, I like Chad, just remember he plays receiver and receivers get caught in bad situations.”[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 10

Default Re: From the Cincy newspapers...

I like Chad, just remember he plays receiver and receivers get caught in bad situations.”

Threads : 102

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Threads : 2

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post

Amen.. Listening to Simms call Steelers games is about as brutal as it gets.

Threads : 9
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously,I'd rather listen to two retards have a discussion on the theory of quantum physics than listen to these two.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Seriously,I'd rather listen to two retards have a discussion on the theory of quantum physics than listen to these two.
    You're pretty much going to get the same exact affect

Threads : 1817

November 10, 2009
    Three & Out: Bengals-Steelers
    By Joe Reedy
    jreedy@enquirer.com

1. Run stoppers: The Steelers are the league's top team against the run, giving up 70.4 yards per game while the Bengals rank second at 83.9 yards allowed per game. However it should be an interesting matchup between running backs. Cedric Benson is second in the league with 837 yards. Pittsburgh's Rashard Mendenhall rushed for 155 in the win over Denver.

2. Revenge motive: Pittsburgh led by 11 early in the fourth quarter before the Bengals scored two touchdowns to rally. Take away a questionable Mike Tomlin going for it on fourth down and Limas Sweed's drop in the end zone, and the Steelers should've had a comfortable lead. If the Steelers do get up by more than one score, don't expect Tomlin to make the same mistakes twice.

3. Knocking down Big Ben: Ben Roethlisberger is one of the toughest quarterbacks to bring down, but the Bengals did get a sack in the first meeting and have 21 on the season. Defensive tackle Domata Peko said the biggest key for the defense will be putting pressure on Roethlisberger and also forcing him to throw it to spots where the Bengals want him to throw.

Game details

Bengals at Steelers: 1 p.m. Sunday; Heinz Field, Pittsburgh

Radio: WLW-AM (700), WCKY-AM (1530) and WEBN-FM (102.7).

Last week: The Bengals (6-2) defeated Baltimore 17-7 while the Steelers (6-2) are coming off an impressive 28-10 Monday night victory at Denver.

Coaches: Marvin Lewis (52-52-1 overall) is in his seventh year with the Bengals and is 4-10 against the Steelers. Mike Tomlin (31-13 overall) is in his third season with the Steelers and is 4-1 against the Bengals.

Series: Steelers lead 48-31 and 5-3 in games played at Heinz Field since it opened in 2001. The Bengals broke a five-game losing streak to the Bengals with a 23-20 win in Week 3 when Andre Caldwell caught a 4-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer with 14 seconds remaining.

Let the talking begin
    by jreedy November 10th, 2009

A day after beating the Broncos, the Steelers were already back at work after a cross-country flight preparing for Sunday’s first-place game agains the Bengals.

Wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said after the Bengals beat the Ravens that he was going to be sending something in the mail for the Steelers secondary. If a package does arrive safety Ryan Clark has his own thank-you gift in mind.

[HIGH-LIGHT]Clark said on Chicago’s ESPN Radio 1000: “We don’t do a lot of trash talking, we just play with our pads, so if we get some we’ll accept it, everybody likes gifts, you can never have too much deodorant. You know I’ll use it, I like Chad, just remember he plays receiver and receivers get caught in bad situations.”[/HIGH-LIGHT]
    Joe Reedy seemed pretty level headed. I forgot that was the game where Sweed dropped that easy 6. I know Cincy missed a 52 yard field goal in that game and reed missed a 52 yarder i didnt expect them to make.

Also... Ben threw a pick 6 as well. Take that away and Cincy only put up 16 on us. Take away the 4th quarter collapse and Cincy only put up 3 points on us.

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh dear. Nantzy Boy and Phil Simpleton... As enjoyable as diahorrea in an aqualung.

I'm glad I've got the radio commentary (how many times have I said that this season?).

Has anyone else noticed that Jeff Reedy's journalistic skills border on functional illiteracy?

Threads : 60

I'm going to need to turn the TV volume down and the radio on. I can't handle Simms, he is as dry as toast and almost as smart.

From Chad 85's locker....

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

From a local paper blog...

"Bengals in Beast Mode.....Turns out the Bengals are pretty good copycats. In only half a season, they've changed their identity. Instead of trying to win games with fancy passing, they've adopted the ways of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens, who have won championships with solid defenses and dependable running games. The Bengals (6-2) are beating them at their own game."

Threads : 70

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Joe Reedy seemed pretty level headed. I forgot that was the game where Sweed dropped that easy 6. I know Cincy missed a 52 yard field goal in that game and reed missed a 52 yarder i didnt expect them to make.

Also... Ben threw a pick 6 as well. Take that away and Cincy only put up 16 on us. Take away the 4th quarter collapse and Cincy only put up 3 points on us.
    This is the game I remember...we basically dominated for all but 5-10 minutes (that proved costly)! We very easily could have blown them out, if we took advantage of a couple opportunities!

I cant help but think that this was THE game that gave the bungholes the confidence that they have now. We win that game by a couple scores (which should have easily happened), and the bungholes are thinking "here we go again." Instead, they're riding high!

Based on their inability to stop us (and the lowly Stains for that matter) from moving the ball up and down the field at will, in the first game...I think it will be a long day for the Kitty Cats. We should be able to knock them back down to earth (where they belong), which is the first major step to another Division Title.

Threads : 60

This guy is a freakin' tool. If he retired now he wouldn't even sniff the Hall of Fame. So much for a guy that can't be covered. He is a media whore and the media just keeps giving him more and more attention. If he was ignored this all would stop.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Get the **** out.Most uncoverable receiver???This mother****er is writing his own death warrant.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information