Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 : Pirates @ Cardinals : 04.06.11 : Live Game Thread!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Game 6 : Pirates @ Cardinals : 04.06.11 : Live Game Thread!

Pittsburgh Pirates LogoSt.Louis Cardinals LogoPittsburgh Pirates Team ReportSt.Louis Cardinals Team ReportPirates Notes & QuotesCardinals Notes & QuotesPittsburgh Pirates LineupSt.Louis Cardinals LineupPittsburgh Pirates StatsSt.Louis Cardinals  StatsPiratesGDTmenu_BottomLeft.pngPiratesGDTmenu_BottomRight.png

Default Re: Game 6 : Pirates @ Cardinals : 04.06.11 : Live Game Thread!

Cedeno is riding the pine today as Rodriguez is getting the start

Threads : 8

Need another quality start from Correia today. Carpenter is very good against everyone but he is unreal against the Bucs. I think he is 12-1 with a low 2.00 against.

Threads : 197

Quote Originally Posted by CPA17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Need another quality start from Correia today. Carpenter is very good against everyone but he is unreal against the Bucs. I think he is 12-1 with a low 2.00 against.
    11-1, 2.12 against the Pirates. When I was looking I also saw that he's 12-3, 2.02 against the Reds. The Brewers are really the only team in the division who has had success against him, though the others have scratched out more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA17 View Post
    Definitely.

Carpenter is very good. This is going to be a very little offensive output game for us, so our pitching needs to be as good

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pirates-Cardinals Preview
    STATS LLC

Albert Pujols says he's not feeling completely comfortable in the batter's box, but may finally be shaking off any early-season struggles for the St. Louis Cardinals.

Chris Carpenter hasn't experienced any such issues when facing the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Pujols looks to continue producing and Carpenter seeks his 11th straight win over Pittsburgh in the finale of a three-game set Wednesday.

With negotiations on a new contract off the table for now, Pujols hasn't looked much like a three-time NL MVP and one of the majors' top sluggers so far in 2011. Coming into Tuesday's matchup, Pujols was 2 for 16 with a homer and an RBI.

However, he had a sacrifice fly in the sixth inning and bounced a go-ahead single to left field in the seventh, helping rally the Cardinals to a 3-2 victory.

"There's no panic, man," Pujols said. "I think the main thing people kind of take for granted is everybody expects me to go deep every day or get three hits. I'm out there doing everything I can even though I don't feel good at the plate."

For St. Louis (2-3) to win back-to-back games for the first time this season, it will need Pujols to find his comfort level while Matt Holliday continues to recover from an appendectomy.

Another solid outing from Carpenter wouldn't hurt.

After splitting his first two career starts against the Pirates in 2004, Carpenter has gone 10-0 with a 1.85 ERA in 13 starts versus them. Though St. Louis beat Pittsburgh twice with the right-hander on the mound last year, it also marked the first time Carpenter failed to get a decision against them in any season during his incredible stretch.

Carpenter surrendered two runs, 13 hits and struck out 14 over 15 innings in the two outings. The Cardinals, meanwhile, provided him with three total runs of support en route to the victories.

The 2005 NL Cy Young Award winner pitched very well in his season debut Thursday, but again didn't come away with a decision. He allowed two runs and two hits over seven innings in the Cardinals' 5-3, 11-inning loss to San Diego.

Lyle Overbay's two-run homer in the first inning Tuesday accounted for all Pittsburgh's runs. He is 5 for 12 with three career doubles against Carpenter.

Overbay and Andrew McCutchen had two hits apiece as the Pirates combined to strike out 11 times.

"We're kind of doubting our game plan a little bit," Overbay said. "It's just a matter of making sure we're swinging at our pitches, dictating the at-bat, not letting the pitcher dictate what they want us to swing at."

Kevin Correia will take the mound, looking to build off a successful debut with Pittsburgh (3-2).

In Friday's season opener, the right-hander held the Cubs to three runs and seven hits -- all singles -- over six innings as the Pirates posted a 6-3 win in cold and wet Chicago.

Correia, who totaled 22 wins over the previous two seasons with San Diego, lost his only career start at old Busch Stadium in 2005 while with San Francisco. Overall, he has a 3.86 ERA over five career appearances in St. Louis.

Pujols has a double and three singles in 12 at-bats against Correia.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=310406124

Folks with directv can see the game on channel 723 and 724....

I've been doing a lot of reading on here, but, not much posting. I'm going to try to stop being shy.

I know it is early in the season, but, I think today is a big game for this team. If they can come away with two divisonal road series wins, it is going to be a big confidence builder and create some buzz for the team for tomorrow's home opener. Speaking of tomorrow, I am starting a tradition of taking my son to the home opener every year. I've got 3.5 hour drive with a 4 year old, so, it won't be uneventful. I can't wait for tomorrow !!!!

As for what I've seen so far, it may not be this year, but, I'm convinced that McCutchen, Alvarez, Walker & Tabata are going to be the nucleus that rights this ship. They are young enough that they will be here for a few years together, and they are the real deal. Clint Hurdle has really impressed me thus far. His passions shines through, and I believe the team will want to play hard for a guy like him.

I'm working at home today to take advantage of the afternoon game. I just popped my first Amstel Lite, and am ready to enjoy a big series winning game today from the Bucs.

Let's Go Bucs !!!!
    Last edited by Menudo; Apr-06-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menudo View Post
    I've been doing a lot of reading on here, but, not much posting. I'm going to try to stop being shy.

I know it is early in the season, but, I think today is a big game for this team. If they can come away with two divisonal road series wins, it is going to be a big confidence builder and create some buzz for the team for tomorrow's home opener. Speaking of tomorrow, I am starting a tradition of taking my son to the home opener every year. I've got 1
    Don't be afraid to mingle !

If we win today it'll be very impressive. To me,we kinda lost a good chance or our best chance to win this series yesterday. Carpenter dominates us

I am starting a tradition of taking my son to the home opener every year.
    Outstanding!... That will be a repetitive experience he will always remember...

I know it is early in the season, but, I think today is a big game for this team. If they can come away with two divisonal road series wins, it is going to be a big confidence builder and create some buzz for the team for tomorrow's home opener. Speaking of tomorrow, I am starting a tradition of taking my son to the home opener every year. I've got 3.5 hour drive with a 4 year old, so, it won't be uneventful. I can't wait for tomorrow !!!!

As for what I've seen so far, it may not be this year, but, I'm convinced that McCutchen, Alvarez, Walker & Tabata are going to be the nucleus that rights this ship. They are young enough that they will be here for a few years together, and they are the real deal. Clint Hurdle has really impressed me thus far. His passions shines through, and I believe the team will want to play hard for a guy like him.

I'm working at home today to take advantage of the afternoon game. I just popped my first Amstel Lite, and am ready to enjoy a big series winning game today from the Bucs.

Let's Go Bucs !!!!
    Great tradition. My father did the same for me.

tabata grounds out to start the game

1 out

walker with a single to center

runner on 1st

1 out

Cutch flies out to CF

runner on 1st

2 outs

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    f we win today it'll be very impressive. To me,we kinda lost a good chance or our best chance to win this series yesterday. Carpenter dominates us
    Yes, beating Carpenter is a tall task, but, hopefully they can find a way.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information