Thread: Jaramillo Sent Down, Snyder Back In And Ready For Thursday's Game

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jaramillo Sent Down, Snyder Back In And Ready For Thursday's Game

Jaramillo sent down to make room for Snyder
    Pirates welcome back primary catcher for Thursday's affair
    By Jenifer Langosch / MLB.com | 04/13/11 10:31 PM ET

PITTSBURGH -- Catcher Chris Snyder will join the Pirates on Thursday, following a week-long rehab stint with Class A Advanced Bradenton. The club announced the move following Wednesday's 6-0 loss to the Brewers.

Jason Jaramillo was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis to make room for Snyder on the roster.

Snyder returns after playing six games for Bradenton. He was behind the plate in four of those and logged a total of 24 plate appearances. Most importantly, Snyder reported no soreness in his back. He had to stop playing twice during Spring Training because of back issues.

Jaramillo stands as the No. 3 catcher on the Pirates' depth chart, which made him the obvious candidate to be pushed out of a spot. He now heads to Indianapolis and will share catching duties with Dusty Brown.

"I feel like I've shown people that I deserve to be here and that I've done a pretty good job," said Jaramillo, who went 5-for-14 in four games. "Like I said, I'm going to go do my job, and hopefully I'm back up here a lot sooner rather than later."

The impending arrival of Snyder will affect Ryan Doumit's playing time as well. After starting eight of the first 11 games, Doumit is expected to fall into a backup role. While Doumit may get more playing time than a traditional second catcher, Snyder will serve as the team's primary catcher.

Bucs Bits

Pitching prospect Bryan Morris tossed six shutout innings for Double-A Altoona in his start on Tuesday. Morris, who was a candidate to begin the year in Triple-A, walked one and allowed four hits in the outing.

Chris Snyder played in his sixth rehab game with Class A Advanced Bradenton on Tuesday. It marked Snyder's sixth game in as many days. The Pirates have not announced whether Snyder (lower back soreness) will continue his rehab stint in Triple-A or make the jump from Bradenton to Pittsburgh.

Manager Clint Hurdle went the unconventional route of inserting right-handed-hitting Matt Diaz into the lineup against righty Shaun Marcum on Wednesday, rather than sticking with left-handed hitter Garrett Jones. Hurdle said he liked the way that Diaz has swung the bat lately, and he pointed out that Marcum has actually fared better against left-handed batters in his career. Diaz ended up with two of the Pirates' four hits off Marcum.

Evan Meek has been cleared to pitch after sitting out with right shoulder tightness. Meek's last appearance was April 6 in St. Louis.

[Read more..]
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 94

Default Re: Jaramillo Sent Down, Snyder Back In And Ready For Thursday's Game

Beimel can't be too far behind....

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which could be very good for our pen.

And quite honestly by the end of May/beginning of June Moskos could be another LH for the pen.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Which could be very good for our pen.

And quite honestly by the end of May/beginning of June Moskos could be another LH for the pen.
    Moskos is looking good so far.

Moskos is looking good so far.
    Not a future closer...but oh well. If he can make it to the ML and pitch well thats all we can hope for.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Not a future closer...but oh well. If he can make it to the ML and pitch well thats all we can hope for.
    5 years after he was drafted as the 4th player in the entire draft and he still hasn't sniffed the ML's.

Threads : 45

5 years after he was drafted as the 4th player in the entire draft and he still hasn't sniffed the ML's.
    Pretty funny since the reason Littlefield used for drafting him was he was close to ready for the majors.

A terrible decision that we will never get back. Oh well...its all about drafting well.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 215

See ya later Crotta. And I do not understand why Meek was not DL'd?
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

Poor Michael Crotta.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 277

Littlefield curse remains:

Moskos, signing dinner check, suffered injury needing TJ surgery!!

Just teasing, guys!

Beimel feels good, could return this weekend
    By Jenifer Langosch / MLB.com | 04/13/11 10:30 PM ET

PITTSBURGH -- Though Joe Beimel has pitched in just three Minor League games this month, manager Clint Hurdle hinted that the left-hander could be ready to join the Pirates without any additional Triple-A appearances.

Beimel pitched for Indianapolis on Monday and Tuesday, and the Pirates want to give him at least two days to make sure he doesn't feel any negative effects after pitching on back-to-back days for the first time all year.

The left-hander reported no issues on Wednesday. Beimel will be reevaluated on Thursday before the club decides its next move with the reliever.

"If he feels good again [on Thursday], we'll look to have him possibly join the club after that," Hurdle said. "Knock on wood that when he gets healthy, his track record speaks for itself on availability and durability, which will help us as well."

Assuming Beimel does not suffer any setbacks, he is likely to join the Pirates during their four-day series in Cincinnati, which begins on Friday. Beimel must still be added to the 40-man roster, and a reliever would have to be sent down to make room for him in the bullpen.

The addition of Beimel would give Pittsburgh a pair of lefty relievers for the first time this year. Garrett Olson has been the lone southpaw to this point. Daniel McCutchen or Mike Crotta seem most likely to be sent down.

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ne...k_pit&c_id=pit

Poor Michael Crotta.
    I don't think Crotta has pitched that bad. He was a victim of a really small strike zone in the ne game against Colorado that saw him walk 3 batters. Give him the same strike zone they were giving the Rockie's pitchers and he escapes and has less BB's and a better wHIP.

Other than that I don't think he's pitched all that bad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information