Thread: The schedule sucks......

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The schedule sucks......

Only ******** Goodell could hand us such a ****ty schedule.

1. Who in the hell ever heard of having a bye week in week 11. In the past all bye weeks fell between week 4 and 10, never past week 10, and to top it off no one has a bye the week before us in week 10.

2. I really hate the way they scheduled our division games. How ****ed up is that? Ravens week 1 and then week 9...with no divisional game in between. We face each of our 3 divisional teams home and away...without playing another divisional team between. Week 10 we go to Cincy then 3 weeks later we face them again. Then the following week the Browns and 3 weeks later them again. WTF????

3. This year the AFC North teams play all of the teams in the AFC South...but some ******** thought it would be great for us to play all of them 4 weeks in a row. WTF????

4. This goes back to #2. After looking at all the AFC North team schedules you can see where the NFL is going to cut games if they have to shorten the season...between week 2 and 8. No team in our division has a divisional game those weeks. Can only assume that all the teams have been scheduled that way for that purpose.

I always break the schedule down into 4 quarters. Go 3-1 in each and you have a successful season. Looking at this schedule we could be 2-2 after the 1st quarter. Hopefully we can go at least 3-1 in the 2nd quarter. Puts us 5-3 mid season, par for the team. The 3rd quarter could end up 3-1, then hopefully 4-0 in the final quarter. That would be finishing up 7-1, great way to get ready for the playoffs, with a final record no worse than 12-4. The key to winning the division of course will hinge on the Ravens as the past few years. We have to at least split with them.

Since they will definately be our competition let's compare schedules:

They have Cards and 49er's home, we have them away, which means we have Seahawks and Rams at home, they have them away. Draw.

We play Indy and the Texans on the road..back to back weeks (we play all 4 AFC South teams in 4 consecutive weeks)..the Ravens have them home...we play the Jags and Titans at home, they have them away. Edge to Ravens.

We play KC away, they play S.D. away. I like our odds a little more but not by much more so who knows. Very slight edge Steelers.

We have NE at home, they have the Jets at home. Draw.

Their bye is week 5, ours is week 11. Edge to us.

Neither team plays home or away more than 2 consecutive weeks. Draw.

Playoff chase: last 4
    We finish Browns home, 49er's away, Rams home, Browns away.
    They finish Indy home, SD away, Browns home, Cincy away.
    Advantage us.

I feel we have a slight edge schedule wise over them, not much, but that is why they play the games.
    Last edited by bleedBnG58; Apr-20-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The schedule sucks......

I dunno, man... A bye week at 11 could be useful, especially this year.... And while our schedule isn't the greatest, what would you want?.... We actually have a fairly easy sched for teams that won divisions last season.... Hell, there will always be issues and complaints. But look at our first few games... If we lose them due to this "lockout", it doesn't hurt us as bad as it could have.... Half empty or half full.... It's each individual's choice......

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 60

I'm more in favor of the rougher or tougher schedules or adversity. I believe it builds character and hones the players skills, desire or team unity. I also like the later bye week placement. By that time of the year guys need a rest or a week off to heal.

It will be good.

Threads : 182

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm more in favor of the rougher or tougher schedules or adversity. I believe it builds character and hones the players skills, desire or team unity. I also like the later bye week placement. By that time of the year guys need a rest or a week off to heal.

It will be good.
    nfl network said we have about the 5th easiest schedule easiest of any division winner mostly cause we play NFC west -).

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    I dunno, man... A bye week at 11 could be useful, especially this year.... And while our schedule isn't the greatest, what would you want?.... We actually have a fairly easy sched for teams that won divisions last season.... Hell, there will always be issues and complaints. But look at our first few games... If we lose them due to this "lockout", it doesn't hurt us as bad as it could have.... Half empty or half full.... It's each individual's choice......

I am not against the late bye...to me that is a plus...I just found it strange we went to week 11 with no byes in week 10....not normal in the past. The one down side to a real late bye is players don't get a chance to heal up if they get injured early, but it does give the team a chance to get fresh for a late run though.

As far as a lockout, I don't see it happening. Both the players and the owners are too "greedy", they aren't giving up that money, in this economy.

To me keys to a good season concerning this schedule:

As always, at least split with the Ravens, having them 1st thing out the gate...if we win that game...big plus over them, puts pressure on them when they come to our place, but we all know how that has worked over the last several season.

Big plus...playing Indy early, even if it is at their place, they seem to lose games early in the season moreso then later on in the season.

Of course playing the NFC West is a great advantage, but so do the Ravens, and out of conference games don't factor into a tie breaker for the playoffs. Can only pad our record.

Hopefully KC had a fluke season last year. The Ravens have SD, I like this.

Threads : 60

to me it seems like we travel a lot to kansas city

Threads : 277

I still think it's all Bob Nutting's doing!!

Well thought something was strange about the schedule in the early weeks. As it is the NFl did do some planning incase they have to reduce the season. From an ESPN article:

According to Elias Sports Bureau, there never has been a week without a divisional game since the AFL-NFL merger. Yet there are two scheduled this season, in Week 2 and Week 4.

Plus, every team that plays at home in Week 2 is on the road for Week 4, and every team on the road for Week 2 is at home in Week 4.

Thus, the NFL conceivably could lose those games to a labor dispute and not lose the divisional battles they covet.

Week 2 we have Seattle at home, week 4 we go to Houston.

Also if they have to delay the season the league has a plan to still play a full season, from another ESPN article:

Every game in Week 3 has teams which share the same bye week later in the season. That means the teams could make up that week's games on what was originally scheduled to be their bye.

The NFL also could lose the week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl, and has secured hotel rooms in Indianapolis -- site of the Super Bowl XLVI -- for two weeks, meaning the Super Bowl could be played a week later than its originally scheduled date of Feb. 5, 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post

However the Ravens are away against the Titans in week 2 but....................
    host the Jets in week 4.

NOW THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedBnG58 View Post

However the Ravens are away against the Titans in week 2 but....................
    host the Jets in week 4.

NOW THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The NFL hasn't thought this through very well if each team plays a different number of conference games....what the hell they gonna do in a divisional tie situation.....if conference wins come into play.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information