Thread: Home Ice in this year's playoffs so far

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Home Ice in this year's playoffs so far

There's been a lot of talk about how road teams have won a lot of games in the playoffs so far this year, pretty much making home ice advantage not look like such an advantage. Yet, 6 of the 8 teams that had home ice in the 1st round are moving on. The two teams that didn't have home ice that are moving on are the 5 seeds. The 4 vs. 5 matchups are usually supposed to be the evenly matched series that could go either way. And, outside of the Pens, the other game 7's that occured were all won by the home teams. So, in a weird way, home ice still has seemed to work out the way it's supposed to so far despite the road heavy numbers.

Threads : 550
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Home Ice in this year's playoffs so far

I think this year it was more like home ice DISadvantage. Honestly if you watched the games, you would likely say the Penguins played better on the road. I don't know if this will affect them for next season, but given the way they played, I would almost like to see them start on the road. But the Penguins are too good to finish below the Top 4 in the East.

As for Game 7, it was a complete choke in my opinion. No way you play Game 7 on your HOME ICE in front of YOUR fans and NOT score a goal. Embarrassing.

Threads : 140
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Home Ice in this year's playoffs so far

Quote Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this year it was more like home ice DISadvantage. Honestly if you watched the games, you would likely say the Penguins played better on the road. I don't know if this will affect them for next season, but given the way they played, I would almost like to see them start on the road. But the Penguins are too good to finish below the Top 4 in the East.

As for Game 7, it was a complete choke in my opinion. No way you play Game 7 on your HOME ICE in front of YOUR fans and NOT score a goal. Embarrassing.
    I don't know what it was this year, but the Pens really laid some really bad eggs at home. Throughout the season they seemed to play more consistently away, and at home they would win too, but it just seemed some of their worst games were played at home. The playoff games were abysmal except for the first one. It's a stark contrast to 2 years ago.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information