Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My rant...........

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default My rant...........

Of all the ****ing unbelievable things in the world that you can imagine....this weekends game ...will NOT be shown on my local CBS station....why you ask????? cause of the dumb mother****in useless sorry *** bastards ignorant cocksukers at WTRK in ****in NO**** Vagina.......are going to show the sorry *** ****in Deadskins. I called the program director to complain when I found out (and also informed my fellow local Steeler fans to call also) only to receive a message the next day that said because they are the local favorite team and the stations team, they are under contract to show them whenever they play on CBS, regardless of how poor they are playing or how their season is going(her words), that would be the game that will be aired Sunday. I can only pray to the football gods that Denver goes in their and kicks their *** 35-0 in the first quarter and then...maybe...just maybe...they would switch games.

Now here we are in a torrential Nor'easter (I got a free day off from work cause of it)...we have had 11 inches of rain already....**** and roads are flooded everywhere...and THEIR station has been knocked off the air. If they aren't going to show the Steelers this Sunday..I hope the *****es don't get the **** fixed till Monday.

As some of you may know myself and my neighbor are diehard Steelers fans, have been since we moved in not even knowing each other back in 1992, and ever since we watch and tailgate over at his place, in his garage, which is appropriately known as "The Stadium", fixed up in Steeler decor. And we had such a big tailgate planned (like we always do...grillin and cookin and drinkin) for what we are calling this weekends game "a mini Superbowl" (which we have several in our opinion this season).

Everyone around here that aren't Deadskins fans...hate the MOTHER****ERS...arrogant bastards....hope they lose every ****in game the rest of the year.

****...THE MOTHER****IN DEADSKINS AND SORRY *** DAN SNYDER

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Threads : 407

Default Re: My rant...........

Pics of what is suppose to be the road in front of my house, water flooded over from ditch to ditch.....sorry about the bad pics....couldn't go outside on the porch rain and wind blowing from that direction. I actually had to take down my Steeler flag that hangs off my porch.(hate that...love showing my loyalty)

Last edited by bleedBnG58; Nov-12-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea bleed... They need to post warnings that the 'skins game can cause serious narcolepsy...

... I'be been watching the news vids of the rain and flooding... Stay dry, brother.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any local steeler bars for you to hit up, bleed? someone might be showing the game

Threads : 206

I feel your pain! That **** happens all the time where I live (Toledo, OH). We get stuck watching the Clowns and the Lions! Ya... lucky us! ... the two worst teams in the league! Fortunately there are a lot of Steelers fans in NW Ohio, so a lot of the sports bars carry the game. But it's not the same as watching the game in the man cave! Lucky for me (this week)... the Browns are on MNF so we should get the Steelers game!

Threads : 135

The NFL needs to fix the contractual rights in terms access to the games. The exclusivity contract with DTV is annoying as hell and if they weren't the NFL would violate a whole number of laws. This **** needs to get figured out...they need to offer it to everyone...they will make MORE money and fans will be generally happier.

You can watch it online and wire it to a TV if you want man.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 10

Know what really sucks about DTV?

You pay the premium to make sure that you get all the games so you can see the game you want from start to finish.

If the local network in your area is carrying the game, it is blacked out from your DTV package.

So.... If that local network decided to cut away to another game, or extend coverage of an overtime or longer game before the one you want to see, you are still ****ed.

BULL****!

I cancelled my NFL Ticket when they started that black out **** years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

You pay the premium to make sure that you get all the games so you can see the game you want from start to finish.

If the local network in your area is carrying the game, it is blacked out from your DTV package.

So.... If that local network decided to cut away to another game, or extend coverage of an overtime or longer game before the one you want to see, you are still ****ed.

BULL****!

Same thing happened to me... I started calling them on the crap... Sometimes they actually lifted the blackout considering the circumstances... Other times I got a few months of free programming.... They always want to give me free movie channels, but I pushed the issue to get the sports pack since I don't watch too many movies.

But yea... It's aggravating.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Same thing happened to me... I started calling them on the crap... Sometimes they actually lifted the blackout considering the circumstances... Other times I got a few months of free programming.... They always want to give me free movie channels, but I pushed the issue to get the sports pack since I don't watch too many movies.

But yea... It's aggravating.
    The reason that they want you to have free movie channels is b/c its a premium service for them and has a high dollar amount if you "forget" to cancel. Looks better to the movie networks too.

I hate cable etc. companies.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post

BULL****!

Sorry to hear this......But sometimes it works out to a persons advantage. I have had the ticket from day one and living out here I get lucky enough to have the Faders games blacked out constantly!

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    Sorry to hear this......But sometimes it works out to a persons advantage. I have had the ticket from day one and living out here I get lucky enough to have the Faders games blacked out constantly!
    Deep down I wish that there was some way to convince people it was in the best interest of themselves and the rest of NFL fans everywhere--as well as the NFL--to not have NFL Sunday Ticket, or at least not on DTV exclusively, and have EVERYONE cancel. Again...not gonna happen but it would be nice
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    The reason that they want you to have free movie channels is b/c its a premium service for them and has a high dollar amount if you "forget" to cancel.
    No "cancelling" involved... They give 3 months and then it stops.... I've done this crap with them for 6 years or more now.... But I force them to give me the sports pack, which usually requires talking to a supervisor and a tough stance.... BTW, the movies are cumulative.... I've gotten 9 months of movies from one bad college Saturday on their part...

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    No "cancelling" involved... They give 3 months and then it stops.... I've done this crap with them for 6 years or more now.... But I force them to give me the sports pack, which usually requires talking to a supervisor and a tough stance.... BTW, the movies are cumulative.... I've gotten 9 months of movies from one bad college Saturday on their part...
    That **** frustrates me too much. I hate that they overcharge you for what you get and then give you ****ty service on top of it.
    Hidden Content

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Deep down I wish that there was some way to convince people it was in the best interest of themselves and the rest of NFL fans everywhere--as well as the NFL--to not have NFL Sunday Ticket, or at least not on DTV exclusively, and have EVERYONE cancel. Again...not gonna happen but it would be nice
    There was a point in time before the small dishes came out where there was talk of being able to pay for one teams season on the ticket but that was quickly swept aside.....I wished they had went and started that package.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    There was a point in time before the small dishes came out where there was talk of being able to pay for one teams season on the ticket but that was quickly swept aside.....I wished they had went and started that package.
    The exclusivity is what is the big problem. If you cant get DTV, which isn't your fault btw, you are screwed. The NFL should be subject to the same requirements as other companies.

Sorry, this is just a hot-button issue.

1st I dislike cable companies
    2nd I am not a huge fan of how the NFL can get away with legally doing things others cant.
    Hidden Content

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information