Thread: money for nothing

Threads : 215

Default money for nothing

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ml...=CLUBEDITORIAL

Still too much money! Make it 50-60- bucks for internet and mobile and it would still be a deal for only rural areas!

I pay 14.99 for the mobile app, mlb at bat 2011 and I get the Pirates on xm and my tv. Offer a true package deal and I might bite, otherwise, I hope they crash like past Pirates teams!

With what I'm paying for, I should get the internet viewing free...............fooey!!!

BTW, I get regular radio also.
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: money for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBONES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/ml...=CLUBEDITORIAL

Still too much money! Make it 50-60- bucks for internet and mobile and it would still be a deal for only rural areas!

I pay 14.99 for the mobile app, mlb at bat 2011 and I get the Pirates on xm and my tv. Offer a true package deal and I might bite, otherwise, I hope they crash like past Pirates teams!

With what I'm paying for, I should get the internet viewing free...............fooey!!!

BTW, I get regular radio also.
    that's a lot of $$ only for out of market games...I bit the bullet and went the slingbox route...more up front, but I get everything broadcast in the burgh market.

Threads : 66
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

just_riding........how does that work for slingbox? I am blacked out here in Harrisburg.

you have to have someone in the pittssburgh viewing area that can attach the slingbox to their cable box...you can then view the slingbox over your computer, or if you want to spend the extra $$ you can buy a slingplayer that attaches directly to your tv.

the cable box the slingbox is attached to has to watch the channel that the slingbox is tuned to.

In my case I just paid for my parents to get an extra cable box at their place so I could always have access to ROOT sports. I can now watch anything in the PGH market through my computer, and if I'm willing to spend the $30 for the IPhone app, I can get it on there, too.

hope that explains it...feel free to ask anything more if I missed something...

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by just_ridin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you have to have someone in the pittssburgh viewing area that can attach the slingbox to their cable box...you can then view the slingbox over your computer, or if you want to spend the extra $$ you can buy a slingplayer that attaches directly to your tv.

the cable box the slingbox is attached to has to watch the channel that the slingbox is tuned to.

In my case I just paid for my parents to get an extra cable box at their place so I could always have access to ROOT sports. I can now watch anything in the PGH market through my computer, and if I'm willing to spend the $30 for the IPhone app, I can get it on there, too.

hope that explains it...feel free to ask anything more if I missed something...
    Out of curiosity... Does the cable box have to be on all of the time? If you do then just dont have it connwcted to a tv or have a tv powered off with the cable box on?
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

just logged into the slingbox, cable box was turned off, so I clicked on the remote control, turned on the power button, and tuned to ROOT sports (channel 576 on that system)....and there are the buccos....woohoo!

easy peazy....

now....I should admit that my dad's a bit of a tech guy, so he's got a 6 MBpS upload speed...if you want HD quality, that's where it needs to be. I'm not sure what the standard is...I download at 4 MBpS...usually only need about 2.5....
    Last edited by just_ridin; May-09-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information