Thread: Really Cool Experience

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Really Cool Experience

So I thought I would share with you all a really cool experience I had the other day. As you all, I think, know I just graduated from Vanderbilt University and I am a friend with a TON of the team. So, I was chatting with Grayson and told him I had started to throw again. He said if I wanted to I should come down to the practice fields and hang out with the guys. I saw Aaron Westlake at Graduation and he said the same thing. So on my day off yesterday I ran a little and threw some 25 practice balls and then headed over. I didn't expect them to have so many guys there. Like everyone was there. Yastrzemski, Grayson, Sonny, Westlake, JPo (Jason Esposito), and some others. It was a really fun experience to work out with them...run a little and throw a little. I had a chance to pitch to some of the guys...I even threw ONE pitch (and I stress ONE out of the 110 pitches I threw) that got some applause from Grayson and Sonny. Anyways, I had a chance to throw to Aaron and Esposito...it was a really cool experience and as I leave here I will always remember it...and I will always remember how I got to throw the pitch that Aaron Westlake said he hit further than any other he's hit before...and he probably did...I hadn't ever heard a ping like that before, new bats or old. I guess that's what happens to an 86 MPH fastball with no movement over the heart of the plate. Anyways, it was just a ton of fun and a really awesome experience. Anyways...just thought I would share.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Threads : 94

Default Re: Really Cool Experience

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I thought I would share with you all a really cool experience I had the other day. As you all, I think, know I just graduated from Vanderbilt University and I am a friend with a TON of the team. So, I was chatting with Grayson and told him I had started to throw again. He said if I wanted to I should come down to the practice fields and hang out with the guys. I saw Aaron Westlake at Graduation and he said the same thing. So on my day off yesterday I ran a little and threw some 25 practice balls and then headed over. I didn't expect them to have so many guys there. Like everyone was there. Yastrzemski, Grayson, Sonny, Westlake, JPo (Jason Esposito), and some others. It was a really fun experience to work out with them...run a little and throw a little. I had a chance to pitch to some of the guys...I even threw ONE pitch (and I stress ONE out of the 110 pitches I threw) that got some applause from Grayson and Sonny. Anyways, I had a chance to throw to Aaron and Esposito...it was a really cool experience and as I leave here I will always remember it...and I will always remember how I got to throw the pitch that Aaron Westlake said he hit further than any other he's hit before...and he probably did...I hadn't ever heard a ping like that before, new bats or old. I guess that's what happens to an 86 MPH fastball with no movement over the heart of the plate. Anyways, it was just a ton of fun and a really awesome experience. Anyways...just thought I would share.
    Benny, I didn't know you were at Vanderbilt...how did that happen? Details.....

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    I always heard Georgetown....

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Benny, that is a great account of your experience.... Somethin' you'll always remember....

... I would ask you to "bring your glove" in a few weeks, but in my old age, I might be afraid to catch for you....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 215

Groovy!
    Remember, that which hath not killed you, will try again...................

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    Yeah so I spent 2 years at Georgetown and I got sick of DC and wanted to get out and Vanderbilt gave me a ton of money over places like Cornell, Brown, and Dartmouth and so I came down here to Nashville where I finished everything up and graduated last May. Now I am coming back up to the University of Pittsburgh for a joint program in law and philosophy.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by just_ridin View Post
    I always heard Georgetown....
    Yep was there for two years.
    Hidden Content

Threads : 48

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Benny, that is a great account of your experience.... Somethin' you'll always remember....

... I would ask you to "bring your glove" in a few weeks, but in my old age, I might be afraid to catch for you....
    Refraining.......from........smartass......comment ........

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information