Thread: For the first time ever

Threads : 197

Default For the first time ever

I went to the ballpark and was turned away at the ticket window. I even went really early just to make sure I could get in. Spent about 45 minutes trying to park, finally ended up way over at the convention center, got to the stadium around 6:30 and was told there are no tickets. I asked about standing room and was told they don't sell standing room tickets (despite the radio announcing it as a "standing room only" crowd. I walked back across the bridge and all the scalpers were looking for more tickets rather than selling them. The one guy I eventually found with tickets was asking $30 to sit in the 300 level. I just went home instead.

As I was leaving I watched literally hundreds of people just walk out with bobbleheads. I would have gladly walked in with their tickets and handed them over. Eventually they actually ran out of bobbleheads and I watched a family of 3 walk through the gates, collect their Eat N Park Scratch and Win cards and leave. Nice use of money, hope they enjoy the free slice of pie.

Threads : 94

Default Re: For the first time ever

Quote Originally Posted by jnn123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and was told they don't sell standing room tickets (despite the radio announcing it as a "standing room only" crowd.

They sell SRO tickets but they can only sell so many.....my guess is they sold out those tickets as well.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good news? You know you have a story now to tell your grandkids and their response will be "no way the Pirates sold every ticket and you couldn't get one"
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 197

Quote Originally Posted by PittFaninVa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They sell SRO tickets but they can only sell so many.....my guess is they sold out those tickets as well.
    That makes sense. Now that I've looked it up, though, the attendance today didn't even go over the seating capacity. There were more than 1,000 more tickets sold for the home opener than for today's game. Seems strange to me. Do they make different numbers of tickets available for different games? It doesn't make a ton of sense to turn down potential revenue when you've packed more people into the stadium in the past.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information