Thread: He should know!

Threads : 413

Default He should know!

One of the consequences of a lost NFL season will be an increase in crime, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said in a wide-raging one-on-one interview with ESPN.

"Do this research if we don't have a season -- watch how much evil, which we call crime, watch how much crime picks up, if you take away our game," Lewis told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

That's because, Lewis said, the NFL lockout affects "way more than us" -- the owners and the players.

"There's too many people that live through us, people live through us," he said. "Yeah, walk in the streets, the way I walk the streets, and I'm not talking about the people you see all the time."

When asked why he thought crime would increase if the NFL doesn't play games this year, Lewis said: "There's nothing else to do Sal."

Sunday is Day 68 of the lockout, which is now the longest work stoppage in NFL history. Lewis said the current dispute boils down to a matter of ego.

"It's simple, we really got to remove pride. Seriously," he said.

"There's no other reason the issue is going on," he said. "That's why I don't get into words and all that other stuff, because it takes away from life ... itself. There's people who are really struggling for real. There's real struggles out there."

A 2-1 decision last week by the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals kept the lockout in place pending a full appeal. A hearing is scheduled for June 3 in St. Louis.

AFC North blog
    ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Lewis hasn't attended any of the mediation sessions between the owners and players and hasn't gone to court for any of the legal proceedings -- but that might change.

"I'm not opposed to it," he said.

He also said he has texted NFL Players Association leader DeMaurice Smith.

"Tell me when you're ready for me to come speak," Lewis said when asked to explain the nature of the texts to Smith. "Because I'm not speaking about all, oh I want this, I want that."

When does Smith want Lewis to speak?

"Oh ... the time coming," Lewis said and then smiled for emphasis.
    What an idiot!

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: He should know!

Someone is feeling stabby!
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Threads : 60

Default Re: He should know!

I got on this site today just to see if anyone posted about that idiot Ray Lewis and his stupid comment. As soon as I read this threads title I knew what exCnite was posting about. My first thought after hearing Ray Lewis's comment was, " what and idiot and I can't wait until he is out of the NFL. " I find him that obnoxious.

The truth of the matter is, Ray is speaking of his own experiences.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information