Thread: Baron Batch Talks Football, Charity With Steelers Chronicle

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Baron Batch Talks Football, Charity With Steelers Chronicle

Sometimes thereís a player or two per draft that youíre really excited about, this year, Pittsburgh Steelers fans are excited about the entire draft, because overall, it was very solid and even more so high character. The seventh round pick of the franchise, Baron Batch, is no exception.

The small, hard nosed back out of Texas Tech is one of the most eloquent, down to earth young men that will ever step onto a football field, it felt less like an interview, and more like catching up with an old friend. Without boring you too much with what I have to say, letís take a look at what Baron had to say.

Tom Jenkins: What are you most looking forward to during your rookie season?
    Read the rest at Steelers Chronicle

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Baron Batch Talks Football, Charity With Steelers Chronicle

Excellent Interview TJ.

I was worried at first when I read his response to NFL players he likes :

BB: The first guy that comes to mind is Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys, but I really enjoyed watching guys like Ray Lewis, and Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens as well.
    but then he gets it right

But, one of my all time favorite players has got to be Hines Ward, because of his toughness and his ability to go out there and do anything that he wants to on the field, be it blocking, catching, winning a dance contest, etc.
    I thought it was perhaps the best question and answer in the bunch when it was discussed about Batch playing in a pass happy offense as a running back. He's flat out right in that he has a leg up in picking up blitzes and catching. If he makes the team, that's exactly what he would be doing, not just for the Steelers but any team which is come in on passing downs. To do that he needs to be able to do 2 things really well - catch and block/pick up blitzes.

As a 7th rounder, the kid might not be a big stretch for making the team/PS. More offensive threats especially in the passing game are going to be huge. the NFL, especially as Goodell keeps wrapping his orange waste flags around the league is going to go more towards passing. The good team will be able to pass at will and stop the pass "enough"
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 18
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Baron Batch Talks Football, Charity With Steelers Chronicle

Yeah, I was teasing him about Lewis/Reed, then I told him I was a Miami fan so I understood where he was coming from, lol.

He's a REALLY fun guy to talk to, I'm really impressed with this year's rookie class in terms of character and the way they handle themselves on the phone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information