Thread: Under What Circumstances Could The Bucs Drop Overbay and Bring Up Bowlker?

Threads : 277

Default Under What Circumstances Could The Bucs Drop Overbay and Bring Up Bowlker?

Only an LO injury?

The man's been around too long to take so many first pitch and other fast balls down the middle and then swing curves and sliders in the dirt.

I'd rather see Jones at First and anybody else in Right.

Threads : 24

Default Re: Under What Circumstances Could The Bucs Drop Overbay and Bring Up Bowlker?

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only an LO injury?

The man's been around too long to take so many first pitch and other fast balls down the middle and then swing curves and sliders in the dirt.

I'd rather see Jones at First and anybody else in Right.
    Yeah, good call. He's a good first baseman defensively but he's not connecting on even bad pitches as a batter.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Under What Circumstances Could The Bucs Drop Overbay and Bring Up Bowlker?

I can see him being traded at the deadline with Pearce going to first and a Garrett/Pressely platoon....maybe it's just wishful thinking either way Diaz has to go because he contributes nothing.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 66
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Garrett/Pressely platoon....
    How do you 'platoon' two LH Batters?

Right now, I would sit Overbay, play Jones at First and start Xavier Paul.

I also would put Wood at Short and start Harrison at Third.

That may not be the most "thumping" lineup, but it has speed and run scoring possibilities.

I just will repeat what I posted about 12 hours ago, before tonight's 7-3 Bucs 7-3.

Sit Overbay and play Jones at First and Paul in Right.

"Rest" Cedeno and play Wood at SS and let "Sparky" Harrison play third.

I can't bear to watch Overbay let those fast balls go by and swing at crappola!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCBILL View Post
    I just will repeat what I posted about 12 hours ago, before tonight's 7-3 Bucs 7-3.

Sit Overbay and play Jones at First and Paul in Right.

"Rest" Cedeno and play Wood at SS and let "Sparky" Harrison play third.

I can't bear to watch Overbay let those fast balls go by and swing at crappola!!
    Cedeno has played quality defense at ss so I wouldn't sit him. I bet we'll see the rest of that lineup sometime soon.

Threads : 11

I'm tired of hearing, "Well they are being paid big bucks so they won't sit them". It's time to trade, sit or eat the contracts of these two stiffs and move on. Give the ABs to the youth of possibly tomorrow. At least find out what some of these guys have. Seriously, I think just about anyone we bring up can hit the .200 that these clowns are hitting. I'll take a .260 hitter that makes contact over Overpay's 3 K's a game.
    The One and Only!!!!!!

Threads : 22

Quote Originally Posted by VENOM View Post
    I'm tired of hearing, "Well they are being paid big bucks so they won't sit them". It's time to trade, sit or eat the contracts of these two stiffs and move on. Give the ABs to the youth of possibly tomorrow. At least find out what some of these guys have. Seriously, I think just about anyone we bring up can hit the .200 that these clowns are hitting. I'll take a .260 hitter that makes contact over Overpay's 3 K's a game.
    Sorry, I disagree. The team has brought up many people who DID do worse than the player we complained about.

It's not as easy to make that jump to the Majors as we would all like to think.

Steve Pearce was brought up once, people thought he would automatically do better than anyone. He really didn't do much (still isn't).

Pedro is another example, and he is one of our top "prospects".

Not saying a change isnt needed, but it isn't easy to just call someone up and have them be better.

One of the things I really like about Hurdle is that he goes with the guy who has the hot bat. I bet we'll see Paul in the lineup today just because he had three hits last night. As for Overbay, I think its probaly hard for Hurdle to sit him because playing anyone else on the active roster at
    1B is a defensive liability.

Threads : 11

You can cover for one .200 hitter in a line up for the gain on D, but not 3-4 guys hitting .200! I think it's time for Jones at 1st. Once July rolls around and Pierce and Pedro get back, I expect some roster movement and Overbay should be one of the first.
    The One and Only!!!!!!

Yay Venom!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information