Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .500

Threads : 413

Default .500

Yea Baby. They're back to it. Need a nice little winning streak now. Couple of days off in the next week to rest.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: .500

and.. completely forgot todays game was an early one.

Needed to take that series and gte back to .500 . Got Boston coming up this weekend and that will be no small task trying to avoid getting swept
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 31

Yeah one out of 3 against the Sawks then 2 out of 3 against the Blue Jays should be the goal. I hate the thoughts of the Pirates in inter-league play but so far they are holding together pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker100 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah one out of 3 against the Sawks then 2 out of 3 against the Blue Jays should be the goal. I hate the thoughts of the Pirates in inter-league play but so far they are holding together pretty well.
    That sounds good to me. So far we are 4-5 in Interleague play and because of the Indians sweep, its interesting that we have a losing record overall despite winning 2 out of 3 Interleague series!

Taking 1 of 3 and 2 of 3 from the Jays and Sox would leave us at 7-7 for Interleauge Play. Considering we went 2-13 last year, that's a gigantic improvement.

Even better news is at the start of July after the Washington series which follows our series with Toronto, we go into a 9 game stretch where we play Houston 6 times and the Cubs 3 times. That's a chnce right there to really get ahead since we will have a series against the Phillies and Braves coming up after. Going something like 6-3 against Houston and Chicago would be huge

Threads : 29

I would take 3-3 vs Sox and Jays.

Threads : 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker100 View Post
    Padres just won 2 out of 3 from Boston, at Fenway. I am not ready to concede 2 against the Sox (especially if Beckett is sick Saturday). Sox are obviously good enough to sweep the Bucs but they have not hit well this week.

Threads : 122

You guys are pussies. I think we sweep those *****-assed Red Sox. Send them back to bean town with their tails between their legs.

Threads : 24

Quote Originally Posted by CPA17 View Post
    Padres just won 2 out of 3 from Boston, at Fenway. I am not ready to concede 2 against the Sox (especially if Beckett is sick Saturday). Sox are obviously good enough to sweep the Bucs but they have not hit well this week.
    The Red Sox have a hellishly tough lineup and the Bucco starters have been less than lights out lately, so it seems like the matchup is tilted heavily in favor of the Sox. But if they can somehow steal two out of three, it would be a remarkable achievement in front of those huge crowds.
    Last edited by buccoman; Jun-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Threads : 91
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    You guys are pussies. I think we sweep those *****-assed Red Sox. Send them back to bean town with their tails between their legs.
    Speaking of pussies, a certain former newspaper writer who now has a blog suggested the Pirates skip Morton for his start against the Sox. Are you kidding me? So everytime something looks hard we should just sit it out? *****.

Based on one quote from Morton this year I don't think he'd want to do that. After one of his complete games this year he was asked how did it feel? Morton said, "I felt like I did my job".
    "Nice catch, Hayes. Don't ever ****in' do it again." -Lou Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for LaRoche View Post
    Speaking of pussies, a certain former newspaper writer who now has a blog suggested the Pirates skip Morton for his start against the Sox. Are you kidding me? So everytime something looks hard we should just sit it out? *****.

Based on one quote from Morton this year I don't think he'd want to do that. After one of his complete games this year he was asked how did it feel? Morton said, "I felt like I did my job".
    Morton is sitting out a start due to arm fatigue per Clint Hurdle. He has thrown more innings already this season than he did all of last season.

IF we sweep the Red Sox I will give you an Official title of your choosing to wear beneath your avatar like us Moderators and Admins and a special color for your name OR wear in my sig for the rest of the baseball season something that refers to your greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    IF we sweep the Red Sox I will give you an Official title of your choosing to wear beneath your avatar like us Moderators and Admins and a special color for your name OR wear in my sig for the rest of the baseball season something that refers to your greatness!
    SWEET! I am just trying to think ultra-positively. I think we can take them down! Screw the Red Sox!

Threads : 45

I read something where they are talking about Agon playing some outfield in NL parks to get Ortiz in the lineup at first. No matter how they arrange that lineup, that's gonna be a weak defensive team, as long as we actually can hit the ball.

SWEET! I am just trying to think ultra-positively. I think we can take them down! Screw the Red Sox!
    My positiveness was walking away from Interleague play this season with a .500 record or around that. We take2 of 3 from Toronto, go 1 of 3 against Boston then what I thought originally were lofty expectations were met for this season.

If we can take 2 of 3 from Boston that would be sweet. Either way, get done with these last 2 AL series with at least a split record and we will have avoided what is usually the plight of this team. Interleague always seems to sink us into a hole we can never climb out of

Quote Originally Posted by indybucfan View Post
    I read something where they are talking about Agon playing some outfield in NL parks to get Ortiz in the lineup at first. No matter how they arrange that lineup, that's gonna be a weak defensive team, as long as we actually can hit the ball.
    True. Make contact and anything can happen with that defense and with our speed too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information