Thread: The Cleveland Show!

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Cleveland Show!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-cleveland/
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 13, 2009 7:20 AM ET
    As if some (most) players on the Browns weren't already concerned about coach Eric Mangini working them too hard, another account has emerged of a young player suffering serious injury during a post-practice "opportunity drill."

First reported by Dan Graziano of FanHouse.com and confirmed by Pat McManamon of the Akron Beacon Journal, defensive end Keith Grennan ruptured a patellar tendon in extra work aimed at giving young players a chance to impress coaches.

It's unclear whether the players are supposed to impress coaches with skill, toughness, or willingness to risk serious injury. If the latter is a factor, then Grennan should get a job right now.

If, you know, he didn't have that ruptured patellar tendon.

Earlier this year, running back James Davis suffered a shoulder injury during a similar "opportunity drill," during which Davis wasn't wearing pads -- and the person who hit him was. The Browns were cleared by the league, which meant that the team could keep doing it.

Though Mangini has previously spun these drills as a chance for young players to earn their way into playing time, football players would stay out on the field for 18 hours if that was what they needed to do to improve their standing on the team and/or to enhance their careers over the long haul. There's a point at which coaches should not be permitted to exploit the players' nature.

"You're forcing them out there after they've already practiced and they're tired and you're putting them at risk," one league source told McManamon. "That's why Jamal Lewis said what he said. Kids are out there for three hours . . . something's going to break."

On Thursday, Grennan's knee did break. As a result, Mangini's career is one step closer to shattering.

So, Mangina has actually managed to almost kill off one team this year. Unfortunately for him, it's the one he coaches. "Take the knee! No, not that way...!"

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Cleveland Show!

I hope everyone from the Bellicheat coaching tree turns to ****. I will never forgive or forget that whole crew for cheating their way to success and only getting slapped on the hand for it. Karma is and should be their ticket to the rock bottom.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hiring garbage like Mangini is why the Browns will continue to suck. their next coaching hiring will likely suck as well. That's a team lead by an owner and front office that enjoy making wrong decisions

Threads : 70

Although I, also, want Mangina to fail miserably...I cant fault the guy for pushing his sub-par team to work harder....I mean really, if you suck so bad at what you do, maybe you need to work a little bit harder. I think the problem in Cleveland is that these guys arent willing to work hard enough during regulation drills and they need "opportunity" periods.....Okay, Im sorry, whatever, this **** is laughable! THEY SUCK AGAIN!!!!!

sjdrewk

Could it be that these players are complaining because they are not winning? I seriously doubt you would hear these complaints if they actually went out and won.

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hiring garbage like Mangini is why the Browns will continue to suck. their next coaching hiring will likely suck as well. That's a team lead by an owner and front office that enjoy making wrong decisions

Rumblings of a return of Marty Schottenheimer have begun already. Saw a couple of things online about it the last week.
    Doubt it though.

Threads : 158

I would be in favor of Marty returning.

Threads : 137

I think Marty would help that franchise turn around. I'm not convinced he would be able to do it and do it fast, but he was a pretty solid coach. I'm also pretty convinced that the stains franchise won't make that kind of move because they want results fast which is why there will be scapegoats along the way because nobody want's responsibility for that ****ing train wreck.

Mangina will get whacked before long and some nobody will replace him.

Nobody who is worth more than their salt will go there because it's suck a ****ing disaster with no reasonable process for a turn-around in place, so forget Parcells or Chucky or anyone like that. Cowher, not a ****ing chance. Marty - maybe, and only because he has ties with the organization, sort of.

This is the catch-22 that is going to keep this franchise in the ****ter much longer than it should be.

Threads : 88

One factor that's keeping sabotaging the Browns, it seems, is the general level of patience or lack thereof with coaches. A poor decision gets made, followed by another, but this surely can't have been the way of things ad infinitum. Should a new coach not perform miracles immediately, he's doomed.

Imagine the hassles that could have gone on here had Chuck Noll not been hired by a patient ownership. It took a few years for the line-up to be completed and to solidify before successes started rolling in.

This whole malarky with the Browns makes me really glad we have the set-up we do. I almost feel sorry. Still, it seems that there's a fair wedge of competitive rivalry developing in our division.

Threads : 137

There has been some rumblings of Holmgren being able to turn Queebland around.

What a ****ing crock, this guy rides Bratt's coattails, goes to the shehawks, chokes on SBXL and runs the team back into the ground.

Yeah, I would love to see Holmgren up there in dirty, dirty Queebland - he fits the program.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bruce Arians.

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information