Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th of July Sellout at PNC Park

Threads : 24

Default 4th of July Sellout at PNC Park

Wow, I just read that today's game was a sell-out. Fourth consecutive one, which had never happened before at PNC Park. I wonder if it was a big walk-up crowd? Was there a big giveaway, or are folks really appreciating some winning baseball? Be interesting to see what they draw tomorrow night.

Threads : 413

Default Re: 4th of July Sellout at PNC Park

The team stinks. There is no reason to watch them other than the bobbleheads and fireworks. Must have been a huge Houston following which bought up all the tickets.

NOT!

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The team stinks. There is no reason to watch them other than the bobbleheads and fireworks. Must have been a huge Houston following which bought up all the tickets. NOT!
    that was funny. Right now there is a group of retards who really believe that.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 197

There was actually a really nice move by the Pirates that really boosted today's attendance. Any active or former military members were allowed in for free. I think they were able to get up to four tickets each. How many tickets were actually sold today is hard to say.

Threads : 34
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The nice thing about todays sellout is that it was actually mostly all Pirate fans. Every other sellout (despite the way they made it sound on tv) was at least 40% fans from the other team. Philly filled at least 50% of the stadium and Boston wasnt far behind that.
    The only player in the NHL more overpaid than MAF is Jordan Staal

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    The team stinks. There is no reason to watch them other than the bobbleheads and fireworks. Must have been a huge Houston following which bought up all the tickets.

NOT!

Dude, I just spit a very tasty brew on my computer.

Aside from that, it was good to see the them sellout a game that was not influenced by the visiting team's fans. I also liked the idea that they gave military members (current and former) tickets for free. If anyone, they deserve it at any game regardless.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If these great crowds continue, it should translate to a nice bump in payroll next year. Pirates fans are coming back quicker than I thought they would, of course I didn't think they would be 44-41 and 1 1/2 out of first either at this point.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoman View Post
    Wow, I just read that today's game was a sell-out. Fourth consecutive one, which had never happened before at PNC Park. I wonder if it was a big walk-up crowd? Was there a big giveaway, or are folks really appreciating some winning baseball? Be interesting to see what they draw tomorrow night.
    Very rarely will you ever or have ever seen sell outs during Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays unless it's a holiday or some special type of event. I say "have ever" cause Forbes Field and TRS never boasted those types of crowds themselves on those days if you check out some of the attendance archives/game archives etc...

Either way you look at it, no matter who the team is that is coming into play and the special event for that night, the Pirates are selling games out at a higher rate than they have in any season since 2001 (inaugural PNc Park season) so there's definitely more interest.

I told (I think GeoSteelersFan) that I was at a local fair the other day and I for the first time since probably 1990/91/92 saw more Pittsburgh Pirates apparel worn than either the Steelers or Penguins and I'd have to say more Pirates gear worn than the Steelers and Pens combined. normally you'll never see Pirates gear worn, so... people are at least not afraid to wear Pirates stuff publicly right now
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 9

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    normally you'll never see Pirates gear worn, so... people are at least not afraid to wear Pirates stuff publicly right now
    I wear my Pirates shirts down here in the summer. I get a lot of comments about it, good and not so good too. LOL

One time someone asked how I could root for such losers. I asked them who their team was and they said the Cubs. I just about fell over laughing. Especially after I asked them when was the last time that the Cubs won the World Series. Shut 'em right up!

I notice a lot of the "gangsta" types go for the Pirates hat that is all black with the gold P on it. Wonder why?? Anyone know?

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Fan in KW View Post
    I wear my Pirates shirts down here in the summer. I get a lot of comments about it, good and not so good too. LOL

One time someone asked how I could root for such losers. I asked them who their team was and they said the Cubs. I just about fell over laughing. Especially after I asked them when was the last time that the Cubs won the World Series. Shut 'em right up!

I notice a lot of the "gangsta" types go for the Pirates hat that is all black with the gold P on it. Wonder why?? Anyone know?
    Gagnsta's tend to wear any hat that is black, blue or red for some reason. Not sure why the black..

Cubs fans have balls, can't argue that. Those dumbasses think they are some sort of chosen ones and like to talk **** on everyone else and it takes all of 5 seconds to discuss the complete failure of that franchise. I mean you could go on and on and on about how much of a failure it's been and you could even sue the Pirates as an example over the past 18 years to really make the Cubs look worse too.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 35

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Fan in KW View Post
    In some parts of the country the Latin Kings street gang has adopted black and gold as their colors. A Pirates' hat is one of their favorite adornments.

Attendance at tonight's (Tuesday's) Astros game was 18,151.
    Last edited by carney2; Jul-05-2011 at 09:12 PM.

I heard ticket sales for tonights game doubled in the last 48 hours or so. Nice to hear such vocal crowds at PNC. Gotta be fun to play in front of crowds like that and the crowd had to love the suicide squeeze.

Threads : 66

What was the attendance last night (Tues). The Lexus seats were packed!

Threads : 197

Looks like Friday night will be a sellout as well. It's actually starting to get annoying. Who are these people and why are they stealing my seats? I used to be able to just buy any ticket to any game whenever I wanted.

That's awesome to see the word sellout in front of crowd at PNC. Reading Dean's column online just a few minutes ago talking about his interview with Nutting, Nutting stated he is eager to add to this team to make a run at the NL Central title and that NH should be aggressively looking. He all but said the elite prospects are not to be traded.The column left me with a good feeling about Bob Nutting and that the revenue from these crowds will be reflected in future payroll and even added payroll for this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information