Thread: Again with the Barber talk?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Again with the Barber talk?

From Dale Lolley's blog, "NFL From The Sidelines".....

Wednesday, July 06, 2011
    Again with the Barber talk?

Every two or three weeks, the agent for Tiki Barber talks to a reporter and expresses an interest for his client to return to the NFL.

And every time, the agent drops the Steelers - along with Tampa Bay - as the team his client would like to wind up with.

And every time I am again forced to reiterate that there is very little chance Barber winds up in Pittsburgh.

Just because Barber would like to play for the Steelers and his agent keeps saying that two teams have shown interest in the former Pro Bowl running back, doesn't mean the Steelers have shown interest in Barber.

In fact, I highly doubt any team has shown interest in Barber. At this point, he's still property of the New York Giants until they release him from their retired list.

The Steelers just don't work that way, particularly with somebody who is property of a team with which the Steelers have very close ties.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 82

Default Re: Again with the Barber talk?

Yep that is exactly how I see it. Look at it this way if they can make it look like the Steelers are interested then one of our admirers might want to try to jump on him first. Thing is I don't think anyone in this league is that stupid. Not even the Browns. Maybe the Power could use him?

Threads : 6
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Again with the Barber talk?

Nobody should be talking to Barber's agent. Last I checked, we're in a lockout. Nobody is supposed to be discussing trades or showing interest to player's agents. And any team that is found to be doing this could be in double trouble because Barber isn't a FA, he's still considered a member of the Giants.

I can see why he wants to come to Pittsburgh. The year after he left the Giants they won the Super Bowl. He could have a ring if he didn't quit, but boo fricken hoo, you shouldn't have walked away in your prime. So now he wants a ring and he knows his best shot at doing do is in Pittsburgh.

Everyone knows why he wants to go to the Buccaneers. He would love to play with his brother.

I doubt the Steelers sign him. He hasn't played in years and is nowhere near football shape. He bombed out in the media and now wants his name out there again. I don't want his old *** in the Burgh. Let the Raiders sign him.

Threads : 82

Quote Originally Posted by bignastydefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody should be talking to Barber's agent. Last I checked, we're in a lockout. Nobody is supposed to be discussing trades or showing interest to player's agents. And any team that is found to be doing this could be in double trouble because Barber isn't a FA, he's still considered a member of the Giants.

I can see why he wants to come to Pittsburgh. The year after he left the Giants they won the Super Bowl. He could have a ring if he didn't quit, but boo fricken hoo, you shouldn't have walked away in your prime. So now he wants a ring and he knows his best shot at doing do is in Pittsburgh.

Everyone knows why he wants to go to the Buccaneers. He would love to play with his brother.

I doubt the Steelers sign him. He hasn't played in years and is nowhere near football shape. He bombed out in the media and now wants his name out there again. I don't want his old *** in the Burgh. Let the Raiders sign him.
    I wasn't even thinking about the lockout for some reason but yeah. And no the ring is not that much a part of his motivation. It's money so he can **** right off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information