Thread: Ray Rice, Ryan Clark exchange tweets

Threads : 691

Default Ray Rice, Ryan Clark exchange tweets

Ray Rice, Ryan Clark exchange tweetsEmailPrintComments686ESPN.com news services
    Receiver Hines Ward's weekend arrest for DUI has added some additional fuel to the bitter Pittsburgh Steelers-Baltimore Ravens rivalry.

I hear ya brother.Thought we were all better than that. Wouldnt speak negative of you. I'll find you!It's not hard. God bless

-- Ryan Clark tweet to Ray Rice

The AFC North teams are scheduled to play in Baltimore in Week 1, if the lockout is lifted, and Ravens running back Ray Rice and Steelers safety Ryan Clark exchanged tweets on Saturday after Rice reacted to Ward's arrest on the social media website.

Rice began the brief exchange by posting on his Twitter account: "Well it looks like Hines Ward will miss week 1 when the lockout ends DUI charge not a good look."

Clark responded: "So glad you could Weigh in. Thx," which drew this reaction from Rice: "it's whatever u wanna do bro you know how to find me."

Clark assured Rice that he will find him in Week 1, assuming the months-long NFL lockout ends and Week 1 games are played as scheduled.

"I hear ya brother.Thought we were all better than that. Wouldnt speak negative of you. I'll find you!It's not hard. God bless," he wrote.

AFC North blog
    ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Clark has delivered hard hits to Ravens players before. In the 2009 AFC Championship Game, he knocked Ravens running back Willis McGahee out of the game with a helmet-to-helmet hit that left the Steelers safety groggy.

The two players stopped exchanging tweets after that, but Clark answered a tweet from one of his followers by writing, "I support Hines to the fullest. I believe his name will be cleared in the end. A great player and better man!"

Ward was arrested early Saturday in Georgia and charged with driving under the influence. His marketing agent and attorney, Andrew Ree, released a statement Saturday afternoon saying that "we are confident that the facts will show that Hines was NOT impaired by alcohol while driving. However, Hines is deeply saddened by this incident and apologizes to his fans and the Steelers organization for this distraction."

Rice, whose cousin was killed by a drunken driver in 1998, helped the state of Maryland kick off its "Operation Checkpoint" campaign against drunken driving last August.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6756938
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ray Rice, Ryan Clark exchange tweets

Rice is entitled to say what he wants to even if it isn't the smartest thing in the world to do.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 30
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So am I reading this right? Is Ryan Clark telling Ray Rice that he is going after him in Week 1 but God bless him? The hell.... This off-season is getting loonier and loonier.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So am I reading this right? Is Ryan Clark telling Ray Rice that he is going after him in Week 1 but God bless him? The hell.... This off-season is getting loonier and loonier.
    Kind of Seemed like a bunch of small talk on Twitter to be honest. Nothing that really says anything else. Comments or not, I fully expect Ryan Clark to hit Ray Rice hard
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 30
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kinda like if I told someone I was going to give them a beatdown and then said God bless them. Unless they sneezed in between.

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Ryan Clark is a christian guy, so maybe it's like how God says to love your enemy. He's just giving his enemy a little love before he pops him in the mouth the next time we play them!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information