Thread: Pittsburgh Prepares For Big Sports Weekend

sjdrewk

Default Pittsburgh Prepares For Big Sports Weekend

Nov 13, 2009 2:10 pm US/Eastern
    Pittsburgh Prepares For Big Sports Weekend
    Fighting Irish, Bengals & Bruins among teams to visit Pittsburgh this weekend
    SLIDESHOWS: Pens' Season In Photos | Steelers' Season In Photos | Penguins Pride | Steelers Fanatics
    BLOGS: Penguins | Sports Insider
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―
    Click to enlarge

1 of 1
    Hines Ward #86 of the Pittsburgh Steelers attempts to catch a pass during the NFL game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium on Oct. 19, 2008 in Cincinnati, Ohio.
    Andy Lyons/Getty Images
    Related Slideshows

Steelers Black & Gold FANatics '09 (Part 2) Pittsburgh Penguins Pride '09 There will be lots of excitement for sports fans in Pittsburgh this weekend.

Both Notre Dame and the Cincinnati Bengals are coming to town for big games over at Heinz Field, and the Pens and Bruins will faceoff over at Mellon Arena.

On Saturday, the Pitt Panthers will face the Fighting Irish in front of a sold out crowd.

In anticipation of the game, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl has declared today "Turn It Blue Day" across the city.

Fans are being asked to wear their blue in a show of support for the Panthers.

Then, in a short turn around for Heinz Field crews, the Steelers host the Bengals on Sunday.

The winner of the showdown will take sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

Meanwhile, over at Mellon Arena, the Penguins will try again to break out of their injury-plagued slump.

The Boston Bruins are coming to town for a game Saturday.

The Pens were shutout by the Bruins in Boston earlier this week and will be looking to avenge the 3-0 loss.

But first, the Pitt Panthers basketball team takes on Wofford tonight at the Petersen Events Center. Tip off is set for 8:10 p.m.

Also in college basketball, the Duquesne Dukes have a game tonight at the Palumbo Center. They play Nicholls State starting at 8 p.m.

Pittsburgh Convention and Visitors Bureau estimates that this weekend's events are worth $18 million to local economy.

Stay with KDKA for much more on all these games.
    ( MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pittsburgh Prepares For Big Sports Weekend

Thankfully the weather is going to be nice and dry this weekend with back-to-back games on the field.... Same thing is gonna happen on Dec 5th/6th with UC/Oakland....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Same thing is gonna happen on Dec 5th/6th with UC/Oakland....

On a Giants game at Candlestick park that I went to back in like 1998, I think they had the XGames, the Gay Pride Parade and this one bicycle group called critical mass that go out and clog up the SF GG bridge all at the same time. What a headache. That was just pure gridlock getting back to SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same thing is gonna happen on Dec 5th/6th with UC/Oakland....

On a Giants game at Candlestick park that I went to back in like 1998, I think they had the XGames, the Gay Pride Parade and this one bicycle group called critical mass that go out and clog up the SF GG bridge all at the same time. What a headache. That was just pure gridlock getting back to SJ.
    Man, who are you kidding?.... It's ALWAYS a headache getting from SF to SJ... At least the few times I've had to do it, it was....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    Man, who are you kidding?.... It's ALWAYS a headache getting from SF to SJ... At least the few times I've had to do it, it was....
    Yep, lb for lb. we have one of the worst commutes around. Can you imagine how bad the traffic was that day? I won't go to SF....but someone forced me to in Sept. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    I won't go to SF....but someone forced me to in Sept. haha.
    ... Next time we'll charter you a private plane with a buxom waitress waiting to serve you an order of wings from Dickman's when you arrive...

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    ... Next time we'll charter you a private plane with a buxom waitress waiting to serve you an order of wings from Dickman's when you arrive...
    Well that's much better- haha!

I have to pick up my sister from the airport on Wednesday, from Mineta- thank god the flight arrives in SJ. SF s-u-c-k-s! lol
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   ...to the topTop

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not much of a Pitt FAN but I pull for em. I will now moreso for you guys.

Good Luck Pitt!
    Sweet *** sig thanks to Kipper.Hidden Content

• Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information