Thread: James Harrison Despite Being Useless in SB XLV Rips Into Ben Roethlisberger

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default James Harrison Despite Being Useless in SB XLV Rips Into Ben Roethlisberger

“Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again,” Harrison said. “Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain’t that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...paid-like-him/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	james-harrison-pictures.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	2992While Ben Roethlisberger had his 2nd poor Super Bowl performance in 3 tries, throwing up 3 INT's in a game that was relatively close, it was the supposed "strength" of the Pittsburgh Steelers - Defense that ultimately was the biggest let down. While Rasahrd Mendenhall's fumble hurt the Steelers chances, and Ben's INT's put the Packers offense back on the field and with good field position at times, the Steelers defense allowed Aaron Rodgers to shred them with ease.

James Harrison's role in Super Bowl XLV was to apply pressure on Aaron Rodgers and he failed to do that the entire game as Rodgers had a relatively easy time in the pocket and outside finding open receivers against a Secondary that will likely be every bit as bad in 2011 as it was in Super Bowl XLV or against spread offenses and the leagues top QB's (Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner 4th Quarter of SB XLIII etc..).

Had the Steelers defense done anything to get pressure on Rodgers and disrupt his game, perhaps the outcome would've been different than needing the Steelers offense to put 32+ points on a good Green Bay defense.

It's the Super Bowl and when scores get as high as they did in Super Bowl XLV the Steelers needed the luck of a Jackie Smith pulling a Limas Sweed in the endzone and it didn't happen. James Harrison needs someone to set reality straight for him if he feels that Ben Roethlisberger and the Offense deserve all of the blame for not only the Super Bowl XLV loss but the Defense deserves to be excused of blame after the Packers threw up 30+
    Last edited by Kipper; Feb-27-2015 at 02:11 PM.
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 186

Default Re: James Harrison Despite Being Useless in SB XLV Rips Into Ben Roethlisberger

JFC what is his problem? He should just retire if the game bugs him that much lord knows he's made a lot of money from it. Would anyone even take him in a trade now seeing how much of a distraction he can be?

Threads : 691

Default Re: James Harrison Despite Being Useless in SB XLV Rips Into Ben Roethlisberger

Harrison will never be mistaken for the smartest man in the room.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 60

I realize Ben threw some picks and Mendy fumbled the ball but, that doesn't mean the defense had to allow the Packers to score at will. Our defense was supposed to be the tough kids on the block and they showed nothing. Our team lost as a whole in our last Super Bowl and there is plenty of blame to go around, not just one or two players should take the hit.

I knew Harrison wasn't the brightest guy but I just didn't realize how stupid he really is.

One caller today on the radio said we didn't have this crap going on under Cowher or when Dan Rooney was with the team. I really don't see the connection to the callers comment but, does anyone else feel this way ?

Harrison if your reading this I have this for you. " You talk about Ben and what have you but, when Ben was 23 he was winning his first Super Bowl, how many teams were you being cut from at that age ? "

Threads : 6
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realize Ben threw some picks and Mendy fumbled the ball but, that doesn't mean the defense had to allow the Packers to score at will. Our defense was supposed to be the tough kids on the block and they showed nothing. Our team lost as a whole in our last Super Bowl and there is plenty of blame to go around, not just one or two players should take the hit.

I knew Harrison wasn't the brightest guy but I just didn't realize how stupid he really is.

One caller today on the radio said we didn't have this crap going on under Cowher or when Dan Rooney was with the team. I really don't see the connection to the callers comment but, does anyone else feel this way ?

Harrison if your reading this I have this for you. " You talk about Ben and what have you but, when Ben was 23 he was winning his first Super Bowl, how many teams were you being cut from at that age ? "
    With Cowher it was Joey Porter making waves with things he said. It was never this big of an uproar, but things weren't always rosey under Cowher.

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Harrison will never be mistaken for the smartest man in the room.
    lol

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You have to understand that the interview went for 3 days at his house. Anything he said in that period could be used so of course it was used. He should know better and who knows maybe he did know better and didn't care but I don't think Joey Porter had an interview for 3 days straight. I am sure if he did he would have said some messed up things. None of this bothers me at all.

Threads : 29

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Goonatic View Post
    JFC what is his problem? He should just retire if the game bugs him that much lord knows he's made a lot of money from it. Would anyone even take him in a trade now seeing how much of a distraction he can be?
    You seriously want to trade him?

Threads : 30
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Steelers have a lot of drama going on this off season. I wish they would all STFU on Twitter and Facebook, as well as other media outlets/publications. I'm sick and tired of it aready. The main man better get his *** back from Ireland and get control of this team. It's getting totally out of control.

First there was Mendy, then Hines went all Hollywood, and now Harrison flipped his lid - again! Did I miss anyone? And us ladies are the ones who get the bad rap for being drama queens. Yoi!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bignastydefense View Post
    With Cowher it was Joey Porter making waves with things he said. It was never this big of an uproar, but things weren't always rosey under Cowher.
    Yup, and before Joey Porter we had Greg Lloyd making some waves. Granted that was a different, more low key time/era.

Now... if we want to talk Dan/Art Rooney go ahead. Art II ****ed me off last year not standing up for his players getting targeted by Roger Goodell's ultimate power. Dan is just a figure head, Art is in charge and the way he handled everything last year really leaves me questioning his ability to maintain a family atmosphere that the Chief and Dan did and be anything more than a 2nd rate lawyer
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Yup, and before Joey Porter we had Greg Lloyd making some waves. Granted that was a different, more low key time/era.

Now... if we want to talk Dan/Art Rooney go ahead. Art II ****ed me off last year not standing up for his players getting targeted by Roger Goodell's ultimate power. Dan is just a figure head, Art is in charge and the way he handled everything last year really leaves me questioning his ability to maintain a family atmosphere that the Chief and Dan did and be anything more than a 2nd rate lawyer
    Maybe not but are you sure the Chief himself could keep it together in this day and age? All these problems come about because of the popularity of the league and unprecedented access to the players from the media and fans perspective. I bet future Rooney's will learn a lot from Art2.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information