Thread: This break is too long

Threads : 24

Default This break is too long

I'm ready for some real games. Seems to me that the All Star break is one of those old MLB traditions from back when baseball was the most popular sport in the country. I think it's stupid to take virtually a week off from playing games in the prime month of the season. If it were up to me, I'd drop the all-star game all together and shorten the season by a week (or even more, but that's another thread).

I guess the conventional wisdom is that when a team is doing well, like the Pirates, a break is not desireable. In any case, I'm sure the players love having the time off. I hope Hurdle has a plan for making sure there is no let down when they come back.

Threads : 413

Default Re: This break is too long

The game means nothing to me and hasn't for many years. It has nothing to do with any Pirates participation. The only time it had any significance was when it was played in Pittsburgh and the Bucs got to show off the stadium.

Personally, I'd be happy to have it played AFTER the season was over. Then we could have another Winter Classic.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i dont mind the break. I'm sure it's good for the players. The NFL has a "bye week" that counts as a resting period for players, the NHL, teams could play 1 game per week and accomplish the same, so I've got no big problem with the AS break and it being a week long.

Personally i dont give a crap about the game itself and never really did, not even as a kid. All Star Games and Pro Bowls bore me because they resemble more of a scrimmage/exhibition game but I understand the games appeal to others.

Plus, our pitching staff really needed this time off IMO. Probably coiuld use a little more time than this
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 21

I think it comes at a good time, it allows us to rest the bullpen and our starters. it buys our younger guys a couple extra days to be competive while the vets get healthy. If we can stay in the race over the next 2 weeks then I feel getting a healthy Doumit and a driven 3rd basemen is enough of a offensive imoprovement to break the streak and that is all i am hoping for this season.

Threads : 66
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Kipper....agree that it is nice for the players, but as a fan, I'm ready for some baseball.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information