Thread: Hines Ward Makes Public Statement About His DUI

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Hines Ward Makes Public Statement About His DUI

Hines Wardís First Public Comments Regarding DUI Arrest Come On Facebook Account

It has taken a few days, but Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has finally addressed his DUI arrest last weekend via his Facebook account. Let me rephrase that: It has taken a few days, but Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward has finally kind of sort of not really but yeah addressed his DUI arrest last weekend via his Facebook account. To wit (via Pittsburgh Tribune-Review):

Fans Ė I appreciate all the love and support. Thank you! It means a lot to me. I have a great respect for the legal system and am leaving things in the hands of my attorney. I canít wait for football. Iíve been working out hard. I want to get back to the big show again this year. We have some unfinished business to take care of. So we will be ready to go when we are given the Green light. Here we go! Hines

Fair enough. Of course, it should come as no surprise nor should anyone have expected Ward to go into great detail regarding his arrest, but what I found much more interesting is a post Ward made on July 8th, one day prior to his arrest:

How many of you guys and gals text while driving? I am bad at doing that. Itís very unsafe. Help remind me from time to time to stop texting, tweeting, or facebook while driving. Letís help each other!

I have to agree. Texting while driving is very unsafe indeed. Very interesting. While Ward is in fact innocent until proven guilty, I find the juxtaposition between the post and the stance he took therein and his arrest one day later quite interesting. Maybe his attorney will utilize the texting angle in Wardís defense, although I donít see how his lawyer can argue that texting could cause Ward to reportedly have a BAC of 0.128, according to the police report.

Steelersí Ward uses Facebook to comment on DUI [Pittsburgh Tribune Review]
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 30
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hines Ward Makes Public Statement About His DUI

Maybe his attorney will utilize the texting angle in Ward’s defense, although I don’t see how his lawyer can argue that texting could cause Ward to reportedly have a BAC of 0.128, according to the police report.
    No kiddin'. That doesn't even make sense. Dumbass.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

DUI's are stupid. ****ing victimless crimes.

People ***** about minor drug offenders cluttering up jails, how about victimless DUI cases cluttering up the legal system?

I'm not going to knock anyone - regardless of who it is or who's team they play for for a DUI, unless they kill someone like Donte Stallworth and basically walk away from it (and Plax gets time for shooting himself in the ***).

There is no justice.
    Write drunk, edit sober - Ernest Hemingway

Threads : 1632

A BAC of .128 vs .08 is 3 drinks vs two. Big freakin' deal. Set HINES FREE... FREE HINES WARD!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

yeah,well,it's only a victimless crime 'til your son or daughter gets run over by some dumb****.If you want to pound some beers-go ahead,but why do you have to get behind the wheel afterwards?Inconvenient to plan another way home?How inconvenient is it for the teenager-and parents-you just t-boned and killed?Be responsible,this is only victimless til someone innocent pays the price.

Threads : 5
    Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DUI's are stupid. ****ing victimless crimes.
    Your ****ting me, right?

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't really share sweets opinion but the lowering of the limit as much as they have is just a fund raiser and nothing more. Can your judgment be impaired after 3 beers? Sure but there are many other things that can do it like being tired or sick or just having a bad day or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    DUI's are stupid.
    . If a group of my friends go out and are drinking, we always have a designated driver. It sucks when it's your turn to be the DD, but it saves lives and yourself from ending up in jail for DUI and/or possible manslaughter or 2nd degree murder charges.

I wish texting/talking on cell phones while driving would be banned in Pennsylvania. It drives me crazy. Is everyone in such a hurry that they have to use their cell phone while they're supposed to be paying attention to the road? What did those people do before cell phones? If I receive a text or phone call that I must answer immediately, I pull off the road to take care of it or I ignore it until I'm off the road. Is that so much to ask of others? I'm sick and tired of people flying past me far exceeding the speed limit while almost sideswiping my car because they aren't paying attention and are too busy texting/talking on their cell phone. Just a pet peeve of mine.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I yell at my wife all the time for that. I don't know why you can't wait until you get where you are going. I do think this is an even bigger problem. Not to excuse drunken driving but people are texting morning noon and night whereas most of the heavy DUI territory happens when most people especially kids are at home.

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
    Yeah I yell at my wife all the time for that. I don't know why you can't wait until you get where you are going. I do think this is an even bigger problem. Not to excuse drunken driving but people are texting morning noon and night whereas most of the heavy DUI territory happens when most people especially kids are at home.
    Reminds me of that Farmer's Insurance commercial that is out right now where it shows a guy driving in a simulation and a slice of pizza pops up in front of him, he's talking on a cell phone, a mechanical arm pops out putting lipstick on his face, etc etc. There's meant to be humor in that commercial, but it's probably not that far off from what people normally do while they're driving.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information