Thread: Ike stays with Steelers

Threads : 60

Default Ike stays with Steelers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...rs-source-says

Source: Ike Taylor stays with Steelers

ESPN.com news services

The Pittsburgh Steelers and veteran cornerback Ike Taylor have reached an agreement on a four-year deal, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The 31-year-old Taylor is considered the Steelers' No. 1 cornerback. Pittsburgh drafted him in the fourth round of the 2003 draft.

The two-time Super Bowl champion has 11 interceptions in eight NFL seasons.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound defensive back completed a four-year, $22.5 million contract extension last season.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LVG out of the woodwork must be that time of the year.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ike stays with Steelers

Well that's one less thing to worry about now. I wonder who will be leaving and if Woodley gets his long term deal to help get under the cap limit.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

who's gonna be opposite of him?

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've heard Willie Gay or Keenan Lewis. I'm hoping Crezdon Butler has progressed enough to get into the mix.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 88
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've heard Willie Gay or Keenan Lewis. I'm hoping Crezdon Butler has progressed enough to get into the mix.
    Gay and Lewis are pretty awful. If Butler has progressed, that would be good. Plus, we drafted two CBs this year, so they'll be in the learning process, although they probably aren't as bad as Gay.

That could be an honest talent evaluation moment.
    'I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.'

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    Gay and Lewis are pretty awful. If Butler has progressed, that would be good. Plus, we drafted two CBs this year, so they'll be in the learning process, although they probably aren't as bad as Gay.

That could be an honest talent evaluation moment.
    I'm not quite ready to give up on Lewis just yet. His mistakes (from what I remember) seemed to be more of the mental variety than lack of physical ability. We all know the complexity of Lebeau's defense, he needs a big camp and a solid amount of preseason reps (with no emotional breakdowns). Gay, on the other hand, lacks both the physical and mental traits required to succeed in this system, and has proven it time and time again.

Lewis should have a bit of extra motivation watching his childhood best friend (Wallace) blossoming into an all pro-calibur player, not to mention the development of Butler.

Kuddos to the FO for getting the Taylor deal done before it became a short term distraction
    Hidden Content Chuck Norris wears Steelers Pajamas!!!

Threads : 20
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreign View Post
    Well that's one less thing to worry about now. I wonder who will be leaving and if Woodley gets his long term deal to help get under the cap limit.
    Absolutely need to get Lamar in. The structure of the deal should help to lessen the cap hit. I'm not necessarily looking forward to seeing who hits the road. But DCBill had a few ideas of middle-of-the-road guys in the "buckeyehoppy" thread that had a lot of merit.

Needless to say, I'm curious to see how this deal finalizes and to see how much of it is back-loaded to get a favorable result on the current status of the cap.
    buckeyehoppy 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Pick-em' Contest Champion and 2013 Finalist!

Threads : 3263

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    Needless to say, I'm curious to see how this deal finalizes and to see how much of it is back-loaded to get a favorable result on the current status of the cap.
    I would think that it has to be seriously back-loaded, which might not sit favorably with him, I dunno... We're 10.51 mil over the cap as of now, so some serious changes have to be in the works IMO....

... And BTW, we only have $3,984,151 in the rookie pool this season, which is the lowest of all the teams in our division... (Cincinnati Bengals: $7,184,491, Cleveland Browns: $5,205,958, Baltimore Ravens: $4,578,044).
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    I'm not quite ready to give up on Lewis just yet. His mistakes (from what I remember) seemed to be more of the mental variety than lack of physical ability. We all know the complexity of Lebeau's defense, he needs a big camp and a solid amount of preseason reps (with no emotional breakdowns). Gay, on the other hand, lacks both the physical and mental traits required to succeed in this system, and has proven it time and time again.

Lewis should have a bit of extra motivation watching his childhood best friend (Wallace) blossoming into an all pro-calibur player, not to mention the development of Butler.

Kuddos to the FO for getting the Taylor deal done before it became a short term distraction
    Willie is a train wreck, Bton. His melon resembles one of those melons they were playing softball with at the end of "Good Morning, Vietnam".

I am still very much with Lewis. One of the x-factors for this coming season will be how players respond to Carnell Lake as secondary coach. I'm willing to give everyone in camp enough of a pass that they'll be able to respond well to some of Carnell's new ideas. Lewis has above average athleticism, so he's one of the guys I'm really looking to turn things around.

I also feel like we got plenty of help through the draft with Brown and Allen and I'm stoked to see how these guys respond to the call. One guy I have particular interest in is Donovan Warren. He spent most of his college career doing very well in the absurd situation that the Michigan program has been the last few years. He was one of the better players on their entire team, despite all the coaching drama. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post

Willie is a train wreck, Bton. His melon resembles one of those melons they were playing softball with at the end of "Good Morning, Vietnam".

I am still very much with Lewis. One of the x-factors for this coming season will be how players respond to Carnell Lake as secondary coach. I'm willing to give everyone in camp enough of a pass that they'll be able to respond well to some of Carnell's new ideas. Lewis has above average athleticism, so he's one of the guys I'm really looking to turn things around.

I also feel like we got plenty of help through the draft with Brown and Allen and I'm stoked to see how these guys respond to the call. One guy I have particular interest in is Donovan Warren. He spent most of his college career doing very well in the absurd situation that the Michigan program has been the last few years. He was one of the better players on their entire team, despite all the coaching drama. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with us.

I don't agree that Gay is a trainwreck but he is not a #1 or a #2 unfortunately we only have 1 1/2 cb. I think we will be using Gay again as a #2. We have no one better until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    I would think that it has to be seriously back-loaded, which might not sit favorably with him, I dunno... We're 10.51 mil over the cap as of now, so some serious changes have to be in the works IMO....

... And BTW, we only have $3,984,151 in the rookie pool this season, which is the lowest of all the teams in our division... (Cincinnati Bengals: $7,184,491, Cleveland Browns: $5,205,958, Baltimore Ravens: $4,578,044).
    Well, we can pretty much conclude that, at very least ARE, Footie and Flozell are going to be history. Too large a price tag and, in the case of ARE, too little production. Also, there's lots of age there. Getting this team younger will never hurt, especially when we have so many veterans with double-digit service time in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy View Post
    Well, we can pretty much conclude that, at very least ARE, Footie and Flozell are going to be history. Too large a price tag and, in the case of ARE, too little production. Also, there's lots of age there. Getting this team younger will never hurt, especially when we have so many veterans with double-digit service time in the NFL.
    Flo might be in. I heard Starks is almost 400 pounds.

I am hearing Fat Max is already gone. There is some cap room and some room in the mess hall.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information