Thread: Steelers Cut Flozell Adams

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Steelers Cut Flozell Adams

Steelers cut ties with OT Flozell Adams
    By Sports Network

The Pittsburgh Steelers on Friday released veteran offensive tackle Flozell Adams, according to a report by the Post- Gazette.

Adams joined the Steelers a year ago as a replacement for right tackle Willie Colon, who was lost to a season-ending Achilles tendon injury. The 36-year-old was the only player on the offensive line to start every game for the Steelers last season.
    A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Adams spent the first 12 years of his career with the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/29/2336717/steelers-cut-ties-with-ot-flozell.html#ixzz1TWS8j8mW
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Steelers Cut Flozell Adams

I haven't had the chance to respond but I made quick use of the new Goggle+ account and complained about this signing and the responses?

1. I trust the front office more than the fans
    2. Craig Wolfley says that Colon isn't a Guard
    3. I see it differently.

That's it. No expansion on any of these. Nearly word for word copies.

1. this Front Office or any Front Office isn't perfect. Social media outlets on the internet serve a purpose to have discussions if one wants to have them. Part of being a fan is being able to formulate your own personal opinion and use your own eyes, not just be a parrot and use someone else's opinion as a crutch to support something you don't know much about and then try to publicly defend it. What's the point in doing that? People that claim to trust the Front Office more than fans acvt as if they aren't "fans" themselves as they use the term "fans" as a seperation of them and others. To use a statement like this is to suggest that this/these person(s) never complain about any player, want to see an improvement on the team, are content and happy with the performance and contract of every player and coach and never complain.

Pigs might fly out of my *** too.

2. Who cares what Craig Wolfley says? Willie Colon as a Guard I first heard mentioned by Tony Siragusa. So who does one believe? Does it really matter? There's obviously a conflict of opinion but more importantly, neither are experts or coaches etc... so it's not like their opinions are etched in stone which is why there's an ability for an individual to form their own opinion

3. seeing it differently and not providing any sort of opinion to defend that simply doesn't work. At that point, don't even say anything at all if you can't defend your point
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great post Kipper... now I can't wait for Les to show up. He'll have some backup.

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great post Kipper... now I can't wait for Les to show up. He'll have some backup.
    Nothing else really to say.Kip nailed it and he and I have pretty much agreed on everything about this team and how it's been ran for years......the effectiveness of the OL being a prime example.

Threads : 82
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I made up my mind the last season Willie played that he was a good RT. His penchant for penalties is not good but I thought he was getting better with that and I think working with Kugel will take him to the next level. Having help via a better G and C on his side should help too. Kip you have your opinion you can't expect everyone to follow YOU like a lemming. You can't get mad at people for having their opinions even if they don't write a book about it. I am no expert on line play. Far from it. If I try to create a detailed response I will most likely **** myself so I won't bother but it doesn't stop me from the feeling I get and I think this is a positive move. And I too trust the folks responsible for the move to a certain degree. Do they make mistakes? Sure but they do a good job of not making a lot of them and they have a lot more to go on than we do.

Threads : 52
    Sports Logo

I thought he was getting better too. but hasn't played in awhile obviously!

Threads : 60

to bad we couldn't sign Flozell, his dirty socks are better than Colon.

Threads : 31

Profootballfocus.com rates Colon as the #3 Right Tackle in all of football over the last 3 years despite missing 2010. In 2009 he was rated #1. I trust this site the most because they watch every player on every play and grade them out. Included in that rating are penalties. Flozell Adams graded out near the bottom last year while they accurately do not rate Pouncey as high as everyone else because he allows too many QB pressures.

Threads : 277

Willie, Willie, Willie.....!

Threads : 60

Just goes to show profootballfocus doesn't watch all the games.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information