Thread: The voice of the uneducated fans

Threads : 11

Default The voice of the uneducated fans

Pre 2011
    "Why do we keep trading good players away, they don't want to win"

"Why don't they trade some of these good young guys away, for an aging vetran bat, they don't want to win"

Yo dumbasses, we had a team of aging, over the hill, past their prime, never was' for 20 years. We can't give away the future for a .220 hitter that will be out of here as soon as the last pitch of 2011 is thrown!

These fans will be the first to ***** next year if we make trades that set the organisation back 2-3 years!
    The One and Only!!!!!!

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The voice of the uneducated fans

It took 5 years but I have just found your best post, Venom !

The Lemmings are some of the most confused, doublestandard type of fans you can find. They preach now what they were always against before simply because they just want to see something, anything.

They want to see money spent just to see money get spent and then ***** when we do spend it because we use it on this overaged guy instead of the overaged guy they want us to acquire at the Trade Deadline.

sometimes there was never logic with these guys it's always been about complaining. If they aren't finding the ability to complain about something then they aren't happy. They are like women watching Soap Opera's, Real Housewives and Jersey Shore. After a show they go and whine and complain with others doing the same.

2011 isn't a sure thing but it's a nice step in the right direction. Rushing a huge uncertainty now at the expense of the future could potentially kill or hurt the future. I don't want the Pirates to become the Toronto Bluejays, a perpetual 3rd place, .500 or barely above team. I want to see us be good and great for years to come. More like St.Louis or Atlanta. Teams that are year in and eyar out always in competition for the Playoffs, making the Playoffs and have legit chances. Being a World Series dynasty is near impossible. Money hasn't bought the Yankees or Phillies any more championships than the Cardinals and Giants this decade
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Threads : 150
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This seems like a good place to copy an earlier post of mine:

We were never gonna be in the running for Beltran or Pence. The mere rumors got a lot of the retard bandwagoners excited and foaming at the mouth and if they jump off by us not overpaying to land them, then great. I hope they break their ankles. We are in no position at all, in the grand scheme of things, to give up our equivalent of what the Giants and Phillies each gave up.

Fact is, I feel we're gonna get something, but it'll be from the second tier market, which at this point is still an upgrade over what we trot out there at 1B and RF.

Lastly, last night's game was horrific. It hurt my eyes. However, the fact remains that if we get one more win this weekend, we'll have won exactly the number of games that I was hoping for out of this tough stretch. We'll be a couple/few games out, but not buried and still very much in it.

So while the bandwagoners take to the 10th Street bridge, keep our eyes on the big picture. This team can, and will compete this year, they will add a little here or a little there, but they won't foolishly toss away the potential for future successes.

Threads : 31

By all accounts the Pirates were willing to pick up all of Beltran's salary and also all of ARAM's salary. Beltran invoked the no-trade clause to rule out the Pirates and the Cubs are standing firm on ARAM so far. How is that being cheap? Because that's what the naysayers always claim. Holding on to your best prospects is what made the Pirates a winning team so far in 2011. Abandoning that philosophy to chase an unlikely goal in 2011 would be lunacy. The focus should be on 2012 and beyond. Don't sell out the future to chase shadows.

Threads : 413

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2011 isn't a sure thing but it's a nice step in the right direction. Rushing a huge uncertainty now at the expense of the future could potentially kill or hurt the future. I don't want the Pirates to become the Toronto Bluejays, a perpetual 3rd place, .500 or barely above team. I want to see us be good and great for years to come. More like St.Louis or Atlanta. Teams that are year in and eyar out always in competition for the Playoffs, making the Playoffs and have legit chances. Being a World Series dynasty is near impossible. Money hasn't bought the Yankees or Phillies any more championships than the Cardinals and Giants this decade
    Exactly right. Improvement over last year was the goal all along. Build for the future by drafting smart and developing a minor league system that will feed a contending team year after year. As Karen Carpenter once sang, "We've only just begun". We've been spoiled because we're actually in contention, but even if we fall back, it can be said that the plan is working. Trading away a group of top prospects for only 1 bat, even if he's here for a few years, is a pretty dumb thing to do.

POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!

Threads : 126

I honestly don't blame people for their impatience concerning this organization considering what we fans have been through for the past 18 years. But, what fans have to realize is that the only way for a team like the Pirates to even have a chance at winning is to build from within. No top of the line player is going to come here unless we trade the farm for him right now. Doing that would just be counterproductive of what this team is trying to do.

Like I said in another thread, the Phillies can afford to trade their two top prospects because their so deep in the organization. We're not there yet. Keep drafting well and developing these guys for the big club. It takes a lot of patience as fans to deal with that, but we don't have much of a choice living in a small market city.

I like what the ownership and management are finally doing. I was one of the ones in the past that accused them of being cheap and making very bad decisions concerning the club. I think that Neal realizes what it takes to get a small market team to evetually win, and he's doing his best to accomplish that about the only possible way for a small market team to do it. Not saying it guarantees success, but at least they seem to be trying to do it the right way anyway. Follow the model of the Rays, Twins and teams like them that have at least had some success doing it this way.

Threads : 31

What did we really have to deal from the organization in the first place? Our best prospects were off the table. Taillon and Heredia are top 50 MLB prospects, have been with the organization less than a year and are currently in low A and Bradenton minor league camp respectively. Now they could be dealt as a 'player to be named later' . Would they have been enough to land Pence? Probably not. But even if they were, how would the Astros sell it to their fans?? We traded our best player for two 'players to be named later'. No other Pirate prospect or combination of prospects is bringing back Hunter Pence.
    The Phillies had two top 50 MLB prospects with the organization two years and they were trade-able. It still may not sell well in Houston but at least they were names to look up.
    The Pirates could only make an early deal if they overwhelmed a team with prospects. They couldn't but I expect them to land one or two tier two bats close to the deadline tomorrow

Threads : 1817

Quote Originally Posted by exNCite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly right. Improvement over last year was the goal all along. Build for the future by drafting smart and developing a minor league system that will feed a contending team year after year. As Karen Carpenter once sang, "We've only just begun". We've been spoiled because we're actually in contention, but even if we fall back, it can be said that the plan is working. Trading away a group of top prospects for only 1 bat, even if he's here for a few years, is a pretty dumb thing to do.
    I think people see what the Pens did with thrir jump from terrible to be a #2 seed in 2006-07 and think that the Pirates have to follow suit. The Pens got to the Cup quickly but they did it on the backs of all of their drafted talent they had accumulated through plenty of years of being bad hitting the NHL level and THEN gaining some experience. The Pirates aren't there yet. it takes an MLB team much longer to develop players than the NHL it takes MLB players longer to acclimate themselves to the MLB level than NHL players. Expecting the Pirates to make a jump from the WORST team in MLB to a World Series contender is borderline ludicrous and retarded

When i find the time i want to write a feel good article about the 80's and 90's Pirates but the overall point of that is going to be that you slowly build, you slowly build to where you can compete long term. That was a mistake the Pirates made in the late 80's, moreso early 90's. They threw all of the eggs in one basket and had nothing to show for it in the end. I don't want to see the same fate happen now. The Pirates need to the minor league system to be stronger than it is and that is only going to happen with time. Huntington hasn't been here that long and it takes a good number of years for a minor league system to cycle players when you rebuild it from bottom up like Huntington, Coonelly and Nutting started emphasizing and planning in late 2007/early 2008. Our system isn't quite there yet and we can't afford to give up what little we have yet.

the truth is that the Pirates aren't really at a point where they can compete in trade markets with established contenders like Philadelphia, Atlanta etc... but we will be, if we don't go and throw away what we have now at a very slim chance of winning a World Series in 2011
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information