Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoors Fishing Stories Start Here With Dad

Threads : 33

Default Outdoors Fishing Stories Start Here With Dad

Going fishing with Dad for the first time is a big thrill for Son ... He learns to take photos, tell lies as to who caught these fish. When did you go fishing last, or are just sitting here all day at the computer? Of course, if you worked in garden, you would probably dig up some worms on purpose and go fishing with the kid. Oh yes, don't forget the camera.
    .... ......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fishing Dom-Chris.jpg  

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My dad used to take us fishing all the time. We couldn't wait to get to go. He now takes my daughter since her father's a piece of crap, but not the point She loves getting to spend the one on one time with her papaw. I love to see the look in her eyes when they go buy her a new pole every year. She absolutely loves it. BTW, happy 59th b day to my daddy

sjdrewk

My uncle use to take us fishing in Pacifica in the early 80's; right of the boardwalk. I caught, and I don't know a good way of saying this without it sounding awkward .....all kinds of little crabs in the triangle net. lol

Hi.... I was fishing for readers here.... and perhaps I'm not using the right bait. I have tested "E-mailed this thread" and "Subscribed to thread" and get no confirmation that they are working. Perhaps, the captain of this ship could check it out and advise everyone... Our boat should be loaded by now... Thanks, all....

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Outdoors Fishing Stories Start Here With Dad

Fishing with the right people is more fun than catching by ones self.

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quick story...

A couple years back, me and some buds were fishin a "honey hole" on my buddies property. This ****ing pond is like fishing in an aquarium...Leave all the "spinners", "buzz-baits", and "carolina rigs" at home (a bobber and a worm work just fine!!!!). Every cast gets a bite!

For the most part it's Bluegill, Bullhead Cat, and Largemouth Bass (of the non-keeping size)!

So late one afternoon, I cast (from a dock) my "small" tackle (5.5" Ugly Stick with 4lb test, bobber and worm). My bobber dinks then dunks, then the ****er was GONE!!! I set the hook and adjusted my line tension and began to "fight." Thinking it was another ****ing lunking catfish I tell my dude to prepare the knife to cut the line...

Then the ****er topped!!! It was a HUGE ****ING LARGEMOUTH. He gave me a good 15min fight (on 4lb test) and I got him back to the dock. Clearly a keeper!!!

So my ****ing buddy grabs the ****ing line(4lb test) to pull him out (instead of netting the beast)... Guess what happened when the Lunker breached the surface???

I'm sure any fisherman can complete this "fishtale"

Threads : 70
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I got another one:

I was fishin in a local Bass Tourney a year or two ago... It was late evening and I was hitting a "top-water-popper" in some off-shore lillies (probably 8-10ft depth), to this point, not a single bass in the boat (but several beers deep)!

Only catch of the day was a ****ing Walleye (on the popper in the lillies)!!! Not too big of a deal, unless you are familiar with Walleye... They usually hang in deep, cool, rocky-bottom spots...This "little" guy hit the surface and took my popper! He had to be lost! I threw him back (too small to eat, and it was a BASS TOURNEY afterall)

Threads : 30

You might be a fisherman if...

1) You have a power worm dangling from your rear view mirror because you think it makes a good air freshener.
    2) Your wedding party had to tie tin cans to the back of your bass boat.
    3) You call your boat "sweetheart" and your wife "skeeter".
    4) Your local tackle shop has your credit card number on file.
    5) You keep a flippin stick by your favorite chair to change the TV channels with.
    6) You name your black lab "Mercury" and your cat "Evinrude".
    7) Bass Pro Shop has a private line just for you.
    8) You have your name painted on a parking space at the launch ramp.
    9) You have a photo of your 10 lb. bass on your desk at work instead of your family.
    10) You consider viennies and crackers a complete meal.
    11) You think MEGABYTES means a great day fishing.
    12) You send your kid off to the first day of school with his shoes tied in a palomar knot.
    13) You think there are four seasons--Pre-spawn, Spawn, Post Spawn and Hunting.
    14) Your $30,000 bass boat's trailer needs new tires so you just "borrow" the ones off your house.
    15) You trade your wife's van for a smaller vehicle so your bass boat will fit in the garage.
    16) Your kids know it's Saturday---Because the boats gone,

Threads : 30

Choosing The Right Clothing For Fishing Trips
    By: Jim Brown

When people go about choosing the right clothing for fishing trips, they may throw caution to the wind and fail to put shoes on their feet. Their logic is that shoes will be uncomfortable and quickly find that their feet are terribly sunburned. They did not realize how important the right clothing is and now they were going to be miserable for hours on end.

Other fishermen feel confident enough in their fishing abilities to be able to judge the weather and stay at home when storm clouds are brewing. They might not think about staying at home if the wind chill at home is minus ten in the shade. They go out on the water or might stand on a pier and only wear a jacket with no covering around the ears. The frostbite that they received will now keep them onshore indefinitely while the ears and the rest of the body has recovered from the deep chill it received.

Some fishermen rely on the old standards of wearing a shirt with long sleeves. They might not take into consideration that sunshine can still get through and leave sunburned skin behind that will be memorable for years. When the able bodied fisherman finally comes in from their big day at fishing, they might have to fight a rash that they got from all the heat that their body was subjected to under those long sleeves shirts they wore.

Some people like to torture themselves and rely on standard sunblock products. Then they get comfortable and don shorts and sit on metal seats just by the water's edge. They might even put some suntan oil on their skin to deepen their tan just a bit more and are sorry with the results when they finally come back to shore. The sunblock and the suntan lotion cancelled each other out, and the metal in the chair left the fisherman hurting on the backside area of the body.

Some fishermen feel that they are confident enough in their ability to select the right clothes to go fishing in, that they will throw caution to the wind and go strictly for comfort. They rely on the covers on their pleasure boats to protect them from the damaging rays of the sun, and now everyone on shore can watch them glow when they come ashore.

Some people that fish fail to use common sense in choosing the right clothing when they fish. They do not take the time to dress for the amount of humidity in the air and are upset when they have to end a fishing trip early because they can not bear to sweat anymore. They probably failed to drink the right amount of fluids or to wear clothing that let the air flow through, but they will most certainly put enough thought into what they are wearing before they go out on the water again.

Nice to see you again... I have been so busy on this **** horse....

I haven't had to time to convert photos back to URLs again... But I do have some good threads going...... thanks all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bton66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got another one:

I was fishin in a local Bass Tourney a year or two ago... It was late evening and I was hitting a "top-water-popper" in some off-shore lillies (probably 8-10ft depth), to this point, not a single bass in the boat (but several beers deep)!

Only catch of the day was a ****ing Walleye (on the popper in the lillies)!!! Not too big of a deal, unless you are familiar with Walleye... They usually hang in deep, cool, rocky-bottom spots...This "little" guy hit the surface and took my popper! He had to be lost! I threw him back (too small to eat, and it was a BASS TOURNEY afterall)
    Funny story telling time..... crazy catfish...I caught one while fly casting on a surface hit... dumb fish meets that crazy sport guy.

Stay warm and dry... Ice fishing coming soon. that's another olympic event.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's a pic of my fishin' buddy in action... my buddy hates skeeters and biting flies more than most folks for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going fishing with Dad for the first time is a big thrill for Son ... He learns to take photos, tell lies as to who caught these fish. When did you go fishing last, or are just sitting here all day at the computer? Of course, if you worked in garden, you would probably dig up some worms on purpose and go fishing with the kid. Oh yes, don't forget the camera.
    .... ......
    Forgot to tell you... that litttle guy on top of this thread is 50 years old now (and the youngest of four)
    He is my in-house computer wiz.... how do you think I learned to do this stuff.

... .....

Thanks all, we have some"serious" fishermen here anxious to share those unusual experiences with us .... like this one.

Yes, that's Bowfishing for a paddlefish he speared with a Bow... Any others here experienced that?
    Some fishermen can hit a target when it's flying like this (attach) enlarge

Also we have for those brave souls that bowfish at night like this.. A complete video of preparation and catch don't miss it please...do share with your fishing buddies. Additional videos can be seen at end of film... just click on photos of others.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_tae_H7W5s[/ame]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bowfishing 2 Flying target.jpg  
    Last edited by Sports Guy; Oct-20-2009 at 07:22 AM.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information