Thread: More *****ing about our healthcare system..

Threads : 29

Default More *****ing about our healthcare system..

I was in a wreck Friday. Some idiot driving a 40 year old 2 ton dump truck claimed he had no brakes and couldn't stop. Thank God we were in a conversion van or we'd probably be dead. I was in the front on the passenger side where he hit. I don't know how he didn't hit my door as I saw him coming right for me. He ended up hitting the front right fender, impact caused back of van to spin around and hit his metal panel denting up the back of van as well. He pushed us through a steel cable and broke the grill on the left side and broke the running board on that side. So he managed to screw up both sides.

My back was hurting after the wreck and as it was cold it kind of numbed it and wasn't hurting that much after waiting for a trooper for almost 2 hours. By the time we got home my back and leg was killing me. Finally went to the ER, sat and waited for 4 hours and never saw anyone, went and asked how long it was going to be as there was only 3 other people waiting to be seen. Was told at least another 2 to 3 hours. Waited another hour and asked them if they could at least give me something for the pain, by this time I was hurting worse than being in labor. Was told no, not until I saw a doctor. I told them well I'm going to take Tylenol. Told me to wait and then let me see a nurse, nurse says I can't take anything and they can't give me anything and tells me it will be at least another 2 to 3 hours. I told him I was told that an hour ago. Waited another hour and went and asked if they had people in the back as since I had been sitting there for 6 hours now, they had not called a single person. Was told they couldn't answer that and it would probably be at least another 2 hours. At this point I said I can't stand this anymore. Went home and took a hot bath and a pain pill my son had left from hernia surgery. Could not sleep all night as when I tried to lay down, the pain was so bad it made me throw up.
    Could not find a doctor that was in the office yesterday morning, so I went to an urgent care center. Was told they don't treat car accidents, to go to the ER.
    So I went to another town's hospital, waited about 3 hours and finally got to see a PA. He said it was just muscles, pressed on both sides of my ribs and said he didn't hear or feel any crunching. Gave me a shot of Toradol and wrote out a prescription for 4 days of Toradol and Flexeril and to take Aleve. Said today would be the worst day and should start feeling a little better by Monday and would probably be 10 - 14 days before the pain goes away. If I wasn't getting any better by Tuesday to go my regular doctor. The Toradol patient information says not to take it with aspirin, ibuprofen or any other NSAIDS which the Aleve is.
    So once again I got no sleep and still can't lay down the pain is no better and I don't want to try another ER. I will go to the doctor tomorrow. As the pain is bad and I kind of have a hard time trusting not feeling any crunching. I told him my lower right abdomen was hurting as well and he said it was just part of the muscles.
    On the paper they gave me it says I have Spine Strain and Muscle Contusions. I'm glad that can be told by asking me what happened and feeling down my ribs.
    I can buy that it is muscles, but I would feel more comfortable if at least x-rays were taken because my ribs hurt so bad it hurts to breathe and the pain is starting to hurt on the left side of my rib cage as well.
    And I won't be able to twirl my towel today because I can't raise my arms without screaming with pain.

Threads : 9

Default Re: More *****ing about our healthcare system..

If Obamacare kicks in, stand by because it'll get much worse! This country is already short of doctors, and giving healthcare to millions more who can't or won't pay will just flood an already drowning system. J/S

I sure hope your PA was right. Sounds pretty scarey; I hope you get better soon!

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [HIGH-LIGHT]If Obamacare kicks in, stand by because it'll get much worse![/HIGH-LIGHT] This country is already short of doctors, and giving healthcare to millions more who can't or won't pay will just flood an already drowning system. J/S

I sure hope your PA was right. Sounds pretty scarey; I hope you get better soon!
    Now there is a load of right wing HORSE CRAP! I thought that political rhetoric was not allowed on this board?

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    I thought that political rhetoric was not allowed on this board?
    You are correct.... So now is a good time to respectfully ask that it stop before it turns into a political debate... Thanx...

cardiac, I feel for you... I was involved in a car accident a while back where I was actually thrown thru the windshield as a passenger. My own fault for not wearing a seatbelt... But dealing with doctors and emergency rooms can cause more aggravation than the injury itself.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 87
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    You are correct.... [HIGH-LIGHT]So now is a good time to respectfully ask that it stop before it turns into a political debate... Thanx[/HIGH-LIGHT]...

cardiac, I feel for you... I was involved in a car accident a while back where I was actually thrown thru the windshield as a passenger. My own fault for not wearing a seatbelt... But dealing with doctors and emergency rooms can cause more aggravation than the injury itself.
    10-4 Cap'n.

Quote Originally Posted by kinsar View Post
    10-4 Cap'n.
    Hey, just agreeing with you... ... Religion and politics should be left to other message boards specializing in them. I don't think anything good comes from going down that road on this type of board. Otherwise it wouldn't be specifically mentioned in the rules.

... But please feel free to bash on poor doctor practices, long waits while you are dying in the ER, or similar situations....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 135
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, just agreeing with you... ... Religion and politics should be left to other message boards specializing in them. I don't think anything good comes from going down that road on this type of board. Otherwise it wouldn't be specifically mentioned in the rules.

... But please feel free to bash on poor doctor practices, long waits while you are dying in the ER, or similar situations....

Wait...bashing Doctors is ok...but not the bureaucracy that makes them the way they are?

Ahh....doesn't matter...This whole thing is unfortunate. Not getting into a political discussion here, but it IS true that there are TOO FEW doctors. Need to find a way to change that for sure.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident cardiac! Get better.
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    Wait...bashing Doctors is ok...
    Ehhh.... My bad on the "doctor" comment....

..... If it makes you feel any better, most people consider my profession as nothing more than "driving a bus"...

Ehhh.... My bad on the "doctor" comment....

..... [HIGH-LIGHT]If it makes you feel any better, most people consider my profession as nothing more than "driving a bus"[/HIGH-LIGHT]...
    I thought that's what you did? You dont fly the magic schoolbus?
    Hidden Content
    "Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it all up."--House

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112 View Post
    I thought that's what you did? You dont fly the magic schoolbus?
    Do you remember the 1976 move "The Big Bus"?... Directed by James Frawley. With Joseph Bologna, Stockard Channing, John Beck.....

.... If not, find it somewhere and rent it....

I see you as.....

Hidden Content

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information