Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islanders To Hold A Viewing Party Of Their Goon Game Against The Pens

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Islanders To Hold A Viewing Party Of Their Goon Game Against The Pens

Islanders sponsor celebration of brawl-filled game against Penguins
    PUBLISHED 21 hours and 41 minutes ago
    Staff report Sporting News

The New York Islanders are sponsoring a party dedicated to re-watching a brawl-filled game against the Pittsburgh Penguins that led to multiple suspensions and a $100,000 fine of the organization.
    From the Islanders' team website:

"The night of February 11, 2011 was memorable for Isles fans. Whether you were in the stands at the Coliseum or watching on TV, you were on your feet through all the ruckus cheering for the Islanders to beat the Penguins. On Friday August 19th, MSG Plus will re-air the game and we want the fans to join us for a viewing party at Champions. Same awesome deal as usual, raffles, prizes and more. RSVP now and remember to there early and get a table with your friends. Stay tuned to #Isles and #IslesMeetup for all the latest and for more information."

Along with the fine to the team, here are the punishments the NHL handed down as a result of the game:

-- Islanders forward Trevor Gillies was suspended nine games for hitting and punching Eric Tangradi, then taunting Tangradi, who suffered a severe concussion and missed the rest of the regular season, while trainers helped him.

-- Matt Martin was suspended four games for punching an unsuspecting Max Talbot.

-- Penguins forward Eric Godard was suspended (automatically) 10 games for leaving the bench to fight. He reacted when he saw Islanders forward Micheal Haley heading toward goalie Brent Johnson while game officials were involved at the other end of the ice.

Penguins legend and co-owner Mario Lemieux released a strongly worded statement in the aftermath of the brawl.

"Hockey is a tough, physical game, and it always should be. But what happened Friday night on Long Island wasn't hockey. It was a travesty. It was painful to watch the game I love turn into a sideshow like that," Lemieux said.

The melees at Nassau Coliseum were in reaction to the Feb. 2 game between the teams in Pittsburgh in which Talbot left Islanders forward Blake Comeau concussed with a questionable hit and Johnson broke facial bones of Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro in a one-punch scuffle.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...#ixzz1V27PFEnF
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Default Re: Islanders To Hold A Viewing Party Of Their Goon Game Against The Pens

**** THE ISLANDERS

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Islanders To Hold A Viewing Party Of Their Goon Game Against The Pens

Absolutely pathetic.... Period....
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 82

Enough said. They make the Bungles look like a class organization.

Threads : 206
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Threads : 61
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well maybe we should have a viewing party to commemorate the 'Nassau County Coliseum Referendum' which received a resounding 'NO' vote.

New York Islanders: 1972-2015

Quote Originally Posted by El Sid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well maybe we should have a viewing party to commemorate the 'Nassau County Coliseum Referendum' which received a resounding 'NO' vote.

New York Islanders: 1972-2015
    Sounds good to me.

What a classless bunch of pricks.

Last I saw, the Pens weren't holding viewing parties showing Brent Johnson breaking Rick DiPietro's jaw... that's because the Pittsburgh Penguins are a class organization that doesn't have to resort to pathetic promotional gimmicks that glorrifies goonery to create interest and maintain something with the fan base. Instead the Pens do classy things like have all of their players hand deliver season tickets, hand out free pizza to fans waiting in line for games, offer cheap prices/discounts to college kids etc...

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

how bad does your franchise suck if you hold a viewing party for a game like that. it **** sure doesn't speak highly of the recent past or of the potential of success in the near future
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 4
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I felt sorry for them when they didn't get the vote, now...I wouldn't give a flying **** if they were moved to Quebec City and the Nordiques were brought back. I get it, they are THAT desperate for fans to show up for ANY event that sad sack organization has these days, but seriously? That incident is a black mark for hockey...it went from being a hockey game to being a pathetic display of revenge.

Threads : 11

I hope this year when those jag-offs suffer with injuries the pens dress SmackIntyre, Big Boris, bring Sill up and sign Schnell so they can open up a big fat can of irony on these clown ****ers.
    "Grind These *****es down".

Pickle Stabbing Big Bodies with big long sticks power moves and net front presence.

I kind of want revenge, but the only way to get it is to embarrass them as much as they did...on the scoreboard. Run it up to 10+ goals on them in 1 game and watch them implode.

Threads : 11

I just wanna see Tavares in a pool of his own blood and see Deryk pee on him.
    "Grind These *****es down".

Pickle Stabbing Big Bodies with big long sticks power moves and net front presence.

Threads : 82

They aren't even worth extracting revenge on. The whole team should be sent to the AHL IMO.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VA Born Yinzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wanna see Tavares in a pool of his own blood and see Deryk pee on him.
    I would definitely pay to see that.............during 10-1 blowout. Getting your *** kicked and being ****ed on definitely qualifies as having been humiliated
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

I can turn off the swear filter right?

Consider me vulgar, as your typical sports fan, I curse a lot when I talk about sports. Other wise the asterisks are cool...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information