Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look at it this way

Threads : 8

Default Look at it this way

The schedule is so awful the rest of the way that it looks like the Steelers will still probably go 11-5. The bad news, of course, is that a first round bye is not going to happen, and it looks like we will be on the road for the playoffs. We won the fifth SB in the same situation but that is always a long shot, to say the least. Bottom line, a repeat appearance in the SB is not looking good, even if the team starts playing much better. Not with Indianapolis, New England, and yes, even Cincinnati around. Having one or maybe even two other tough teams to get through is one thing, but not three.

Threads : 23
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Look at it this way

Toughest thing in the NFL to do is beat a team 3 times in a single season.

Bungles won't win another one against us in the playoffs (if they're lucky enough not to choke on my dick on the way there) ***gots
    Sweet *** sig thanks to Kipper.Hidden Content

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Talking about the playoffs is a bit much.This team is missing "it" this year.The same "it" that got them to(and won)the SB.

They definitely are missing something. But I would be shocked if they missed the playoffs.

We'll get it together.

Today just sucks.

Threads : 691

Right now,I'm just going to take it game by game,enjoy the good moments and see what happens
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 48
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Medium Ben View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They definitely are missing something. But I would be shocked if they missed the playoffs.
    Oh,I don't think that they'll miss the POs,but this team has yet to put together a complete game this season.When is that going to happen??

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Oh,I don't think that they'll miss the POs,but this team has yet to put together a complete game this season.When is that going to happen??
    Completely agree with that assessment! We haven't put together 4 entire quarters this entire season.

Even with that glaring omission though, we're still 6-3 with 7 to go.

Threads : 691

I was watching Marvin Lewis post game comments. He told his team to keep playing hard,and if they were lucky enough,they would meet the Steelers again this year.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Threads : 1817

They're not missing anything really. Ben simply had a bad game and couldn't do a 4th quarter comeback and win. He did those last year against teams but he also was more accurate in those games, the other teams defenses were just good. Today he looked bad.

the other thing that was needed in this game was a big play. Defensively, offensively, one of those "splash plays". didn't get it. All of these are things we've been doing in previous weeks.

I'm not worried. I hate losing to a team like the Bengals who I believe are overrated, not as good as their record and faced a team today in Pittsburgh that was hell bent in shooting themselves in the foot offensively BUT... it's a long season. the most important thing in any season is coming on strong down the stretch, not having a hot middle of the season or beginning, or a losing streak at the beginning or middle... end of a season hot streak. It's what we had in 2005, in 1995, it's what Arizona had last season etc...

So, need for anyone (Not saying yourself or anyone in particular) to get over dramatic and say "OMG, the season is over!!!!" we should all know better. Anyone a Pittsburgh Penguins fan? getting hot at the right time was the key to winning the Stanley Cup last year. Everyone declared the season over by February and then the team clicked and got ridiculously hot.

Remember, we are returning a lot of a team that won the SB last year. this team can beat everyone and anyone when they want

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    when did this team put together complete games last season? think about it. We *****ed EVERY GAME about the offense last year when they put up 11 points against a weak San Diego defense, needed defensive TD's and turnovers to beat Dallas etc... We didn't put up a completely game at all last season unless we played Cleveland, like we did this year.

Complete games don't matter. Winning matters. You don't need 60 minutes. the 60 minute thing is bull****. No team plays 60 minutes well. Good teams capitilize on their chances when needed. the Steelers didn't today. that's all.

We should beat the snot out of KC next week and feel good again

But they played great defense all year last year. This year they aren't playing great anything. They definitely don't have the same air about them that they did last season. Now, that can always change, and we can't forget that the year we won the 5th SB, we didn't do anything until the end of the season, which then carried into the playoffs. So this team could always turn it on again. But the looks on their faces today had me worried. They didn't have the same swagger. They better find it because it's going to be a tough road in the playoffs.

But they played great defense all year last year. This year they aren't playing great anything. They definitely don't have the same air about them that they did last season. Now, that can always change, and we can't forget that the year we won the 5th SB, we didn't do anything until the end of the season, which then carried into the playoffs. So this team could always turn it on again. But the looks on their faces today had me worried. They didn't have the same swagger. They better find it because it's going to be a tough road in the playoffs.
    They held the Bengals to 218 total yards in Offense. They held their running game to a measly 61 yards rushing and a really low 2.1 ypc. they held Palmer 178 yards passing, barely over 50% completion percentage and a rating below 80. They played great defense today. they played great defense against Denver, against Minnesota.

the difference was the Offense, ok Ben, had a bad game today. he had a strong game against Denver against Minnesota, at least for a half. We had some important "splash plays". We didn't have that in thsi game. that's the difference. and when it comes to "splash plays" that's what got us a few wins last year when the Defense played well like today and the offense struggle like today

Sorry, but there's no way the defense is as dominating this year as it was last year. They have had long drives against them at very inopportune times this year. That didn't happen last year. They are still excellent, especially when Polamalu is in there, but last season they practically won the SB by themselves. They haven't shown that ability yet this season, imo.

Sorry, but there's no way the defense is as dominating this year as it was last year. They have had long drives against them at very inopportune times this year. That didn't happen last year. They are still excellent, especially when Polamalu is in there, but last season they practically won the SB by themselves. They haven't shown that ability yet this season, imo.
    they bent and didn't break last year as well. The pass defense has been suspect, yes. Gay isn't as good as McFadden and the pass rush hasn't been there consistently from Harrison and Woodley. Woodley hasn't made as much of an impact yet... could happen down the stretch, but it's still a defense that nobody can run on and is allowing few enough points to win any game without the 4th quarter collapses they had from week 2-5.

The Defense was great last year, no doubt, it was making more big plays at the right times last year. they haven't done that consistently this year but they still have given this team a chance to win in most games and they gave them a chance to win in this game against Cincinnati and the offense couldn't do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information