Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast Willie Parker.....

Threads : 4

Default Fast Willie Parker.....

This guy deserves more play time. It's almost criminal he is being treated like a career backup by the coaching staff.

In week 3 vs the Bungles he had 93 yds rushing. Today 1 carry for 7 yds. He was in on 3 plays all game.

I am not saying bench Mendenhall but cmon.....if your gonna be a solid playoff contender you gotta be able to run football to close out games. I don't care if it's with Mendenhall but if he isn't getting it done give Parker some carries to see if he can create a spark.

Threads : 10

Default Re: Fast Willie Parker.....

I hope you are wearing your fire proof gear.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope you are wearing your fire proof gear.

Cmon man....Parker is still a quality RB. To sit him the whole game except for 3 plays is wrong!

Steelers should be using a tandem backfield with Mendenhall & Parker.

I'm sick & tired of seeing 5 wides with no RB on 1st & 2nd down. The Bengals today when they saw they....they sent the house and Ben had no protection.

In the NFL you hafta run the football to close out teams...right now we aren't doing that.

Gotta give Parker some opportunity if Mendehall isn't getting it done.

Mendenhall is too upright of a RB...too big of a target for defenses. Parker can squirt thru defenses. Mendenhall can't!

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry Chico, but "the man" (get the tie-in... OK, I suck...)....

.... Anyway, I don't think Parker is the answer to our offensive woes.... Perhaps he can compliment Mendy to a 1-2 punch, but the fact of the matter is that we need some ****ing blocking out in front of whoever is out there.... Our O-line is barely capable of rudimentary blocking skills, and could not comprehend a multiple back offense and what to do for the various players.... We are a sub-standard team at best and are posers when it comes to playoff talks.... This rant aside, it does bring to light that it needs to be addressed next summer (and draft).... We cannot get the job done... It is not the back involved... And good thing because Parker will not be in one of our uniforms next season.... There are alot of issues, but Parker is not the answer to any of them.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post

.... Anyway, I don't think Parker is the answer to our offensive woes.... Perhaps he can compliment Mendy to a 1-2 punch, but the fact of the matter is that we need some ****ing blocking out in front of whoever is out there.... Our O-line is barely capable of rudimentary blocking skills, and could not comprehend a multiple back offense and what to do for the various players.... We are a sub-standard team at best and are posers when it comes to playoff talks.... This rant aside, it does bring to light that it needs to be addressed next summer (and draft).... We cannot get the job done... It is not the back involved... And good thing because Parker will not be in one of our uniforms next season.... There are alot of issues, but Parker is not the answer to any of them.
    We can agree to disagree but I got news for ya.......Mendenhall isn't the answer either. Runs too upright, pad level is too high and that makes him a big target.

Using Parker as a compliment to Mendehall is fine but when Mendy is getting nothing on the ground and we have a good RB sitting on the bench like FWP it's criminal that we don't try to mix it up with Parker. He did ok vs the Bungles in week 3. Alot better than Mendenhall.

I'm sure you think Parker is all washed up but I'm telling ya the kid still has some gas in the tank.

I personally think Isaac Redman is the future at RB. He combines the youth of Mendenhall with the leg drive of Jerome Bettis and the speed of Willie Parker. I hope he's still around if we let FWP walk after this season.

Threads : 102

Try not to forget that we were also 6-3 after 9 games last year as well. Plus, our 3 losses in those games were practically the exact same as this years.
    Think of the loss to Philly last year and consider that to be the loss today. (Played like ****.)
    Think of the loss to the Giants last year and consider that to be the loss against Chicago. (Had them the whole time but had some bad luck.)
    Think of the loss against the Colts last year and consider that the first loss against Cincy. (Again, had them, but the D let up.)

Add to that that we were saying the same things about the team last year as we are this year after our third loss. Plus, our remaining schedule after that third loss last year was a hell of alot tougher than what we have left this year.
    Things worked out just fine.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Willie PArker stinks. He can't run up the middle. Can't do it, not without a fullback and someone other than Bruce Arians running the offense. Bruce runs the ball up the middle a ton. Mendenhall has more burst and power. so what if he runs upright? He's at least gaining some yardage.

Mendenhall IS the answer. He's young, runs with some authority, has 100 times the vision willie ever had, makes 10 times better cuts than Willie, better inside runner, hits the holes quicker and harder than willie, is a better pass catching back.

There's really not a big need for Willie on this team. It's not like Jacobs and Bradshaw in New York where you have a big back and a little back. Willie really doesn't do anything well that Mendenhall doesn't to throw into the lineup for a running back by commitee approach. You use the RBBC approach because you have 2 backs that each can do something the other can't. Mendenhall can everything Parker can and better.

Mewelde Moore is more useful. hits holes better than Parker and is the best pass catching back we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicoman View Post
    I'm sure you think Parker is all washed up but I'm telling ya the kid still has some gas in the tank.
    No, I don't think he's washed-up, but I really do think Brucie-boy isn't utilizing him correctly and will not do so the remainder of this season... I do not think Parker will be here next year due to his contract, so I'm already thinking in that mindset... Sorry, but we will not be going far in the playoffs, so I'm already starting to think beyond.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 23

This is the same guy who wants Woodley benched

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Parker has been done since his last bad knee injury. Gave us all he had and was a swell Steeler. But it's over and short career is actually about par for rbs in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    Who wants that?....

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    who the hell do you replace Woodley with if you bench him? Granted Woodley has had somewhat of a sophomore jinx this year as far as pressure and sacks are concerned... but you only bench someone because the option behind that guy is better. Thats not the case, you don't bench the guy, especially not one that recorded the numbers Woodley did last year

Threads : 23

Who wants that?....
    I just remember him from the previous place. Guess he's moved onto other targets

Where do you fit Willie into this offense? Take out your best 3rd down RB on 3rd downs? Or the guy that has been, until today, running down peoples throats?

Woodley would be better suited to play ILB and move Timmons to the outside. I'll stand by that statement!

I was hard on Woodley the first few games of the season because the guy was invisible.

He's better suited at ILB.

Timmons would cause havoc on the corner because of his speed.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by Chicoman View Post
    We can agree to disagree but I got news for ya.......Mendenhall isn't the answer either. Runs too upright, pad level is too high and that makes him a big target.

Using Parker as a compliment to Mendehall is fine but when Mendy is getting nothing on the ground and we have a good RB sitting on the bench like FWP it's criminal that we don't try to mix it up with Parker. He did ok vs the Bungles in week 3. Alot better than Mendenhall.

I personally think Isaac Redman is the future at RB. He combines the youth of Mendenhall with the leg drive of Jerome Bettis and the speed of Willie Parker. I hope he's still around if we let FWP walk after this season.

Parker blows end of story. And stop already with the running upright **** about Mendenhall. Is that what the mediots tell you. Our ****ing problem is the ****** Arians and his boy toy Roethlisberger. Roethlisberger has to much power. Bruce needs to be FIRED and Ben handed. Kleenex to wipe his tears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information