Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The High Road

Threads : 60

Default The High Road

I was curious about the people that you meet or know in life that always seem to take the high road. I have one employee that also happens to be a relative that, I doubt could be any better person than what he is now. Honest, hard working, family comes first, never has an unkind word to say and is for ever helping others. I guess if I think about it 99% of my close friends and immediate family is that way also.

I do outside my circle find many that are not so polished or mannerly. I get annoyed when I hold the door for someone or permit someone in traffic to get ahead of me and not to get a thank you or a friendly wave.

What brought this on is this.........today I was at the doctors office and the nurse called out a womens name incorrectly. The nurse called " La La " The women came up and said, " it's La Dash La " ......... Biitch.
    This women spells her name La-La and the world is supposed to know that.
    I couldn't believe it ! For one, this women should know that her name is so out there that hardly anyone would get it right and two, the need to call this women a biitch.
    Who would have thought to pronounce the dash mark ? Unreal !

Threads : 32
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The High Road

I dunno....BUT..I am the "BEER DRINKER FORMERLY KNOWN AS ranrod"....so I can understand the confusion here...

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Signature by Viz...and in memory of him, Bill Shanaberger 1939-2010

Threads : 27

Hey Ranrod....you're known as a lot of other things too.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The women came up and said, " it's La Dash La " ......... Biitch.
    This women spells her name La-La and the world is supposed to know that.
    That's just ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I was curious about the people that you meet or know in life that always seem to take the high road.
    I know several and I always admire their patience if anything. I have none. I used to take the high road but I have become such a miserable bastard over the last few years that I just can't tolerate people anymore and never miss a chance to tell some one off.....even though my wife pleads with me to "let it go....why do you let it bother you?" that kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ranrod7 View Post
    I dunno....BUT..I am the "BEER DRINKER FORMERLY KNOWN AS ranrod"....so I can understand the confusion here...

Yeah, I did jumble that up pretty good truing to express myself.

Threads : 227
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Take the high road whenever possible with no need to apologize when you can't. Some people just don't deserve that amount of effort.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Threads : 1632

From the perspective of being an older guy, our society is definitely more coarse and self centered than it was decades ago. As to the reasons? Well most of us already know of several contributors to the decline in personal character.

Only solution I have that makes much sense is, do my best to keep myself in check (not always easy lol) and instead grow even more solid regards my character. Being graceful and pleasant socially has many benefits. I refuse to let the jerks turn me into one of them.

Yeah I get what your saying and sometimes it is tough not wanting to jump into it with both feet. You are very correct with society getting coarse. The things I hear in public with women and children around is just over the top. My brother will let whomever know about it if they are acting/speaking out of hand when, there are women and children around and he does not back down. He doesn't go to their level but he still voices his opinion. Sometimes they apologize and sometimes they act up even worse and have turned their profanity towards him. His nic-name used to be Tom the Bomb because he could really explode and tear the person/place up but over the past few years he has calmed down a lot. I guess age will do that for some.

I see/read ignorant stuff here on this site and other sites that is really uncalled for. So what if someone disagrees with an opinion, different opionions makes these boards happen.

All I know if I ever read someones name spelled La-La I'll know to pronounce it as, La Dash La.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Different opinions are essential to this board and life in general, it's the how they are expressed that counts. If someone is being a real ******bag you tend to know it, they get the three strike rule. If someone is generally ignorant, I can be tolerant of them because they don't know any better. If they are great at discussing their differing opinions, I am loving it and long winded. Somehow though, we all gotta find a way to make it work.

Threads : 32

Believe me, I am a crazy beer drinkin guy who seems to have no grounded morality..

BUT, I DO....I am a Christian, like Skeeter, whom I think is a minister...AND I can tell you that young people have NO moral direction or leadership from people of my generation and older....Things have gotten so unraveled, morally and rationally and mannerly ...it is no wonder why it seems the end of time is coming soon...How much worse can it get amongst the brotherhood of men???

..sorry for the lecture but how else can you say it effectively?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Signature by Viz...and in memory of him, Bill Shanaberger 1939-2010

Quote Originally Posted by ranrod7 View Post
    Believe me, I am a crazy beer drinkin guy who seems to have no grounded morality..BUT, I DO....I am a Christian, like Skeeter, whom I think is a minister...AND I can tell you that young people have NO moral direction or leadership from people of my generation and older....Things have gotten so unraveled, morally and rationally and mannerly ...it is no wonder why it seems the end of time is coming soon...How much worse can it get amongst the brotherhood of men???..sorry for the lecture but how else can you say it effectively?
    you are right, a large portion of the younger generations are morally bankrupt and I blame it on the family unit being destroyed over the last 35 years. Used to be dad worked and mom was home with the kids. Then slowly but surely both parents had to work and playstations and X Boxes became baby sitters or it was kids out running the streets because no one was there to tell them no or to teach them responsibility

Threads : 4
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I probably take the high road a lot in situations, but there are times when I do feel like being a vengeful prick and getting back at someone for being a dick far too many times. I am a very patient person.

The one thing I can never take a high road on is people that butt into lines, I knocked one dude out for doing that...let me explain before you think I am a complete *** hole (partially, sure). My mom and sister were waiting in line at a Tim Horton's, I was taking a leak in the washroom...I come out and just as I am walking towards them, this dude pushes them aside and stands in front of them, my sister is like "Excuse me, we were waiting here, that's rude"...he turns around and says "shut up *****"...now my sis is 8yrs younger than me, she's my baby sis...I was like ok let this ****er do 1 more dumb *** thing and watch what happens, I got there and I told the guy I saw the whole thing and he tells me to shut up and mind my own business, I reminded him that family is my business and he turns to me and stares at me and the entire time I'm telling him "please do something, just push me even..." just to provoke me and so witnesses can say he started it. He didn't at first but 5mins later, he raises his arms to stretch, looks back and notices we're too far back to hit when he raises his arms, so he backs up and his arm hits me in my chest, at that moment, I saw red, the look on my face went from mildly annoyed to Brooks Orpik. One stiff punch to the back of the head and then I lined up like Sepulveda for a punt right to his ballsack and we walked out and went to starbucks instead.

Was I wrong?

I remember when my 1st gf cheated on me, we dated for about 5yrs and she cheated on me with this weasel-like looking dude (whom I later met at a club and slapped like he was a 10 cent hooker...and he cried like one after too). The story might be too graphic though, no...it is graphic.

I'm actually a very very mellow guy, I can sit in rush hour traffic for 3hrs and not even snap out, I can patiently wait in a pharmacy while they take an hour for something that usually takes them 15mins to fill (eye drops) and not curse out the staff, I can have a nutjob ex-gf go off on me and call me names because she's in a mood and not say anything back to provoke her even more...but some ****, you just can't be patient about. For me it's when someone messes with my family.

Sid I give you a lot of credit for punching that guy out. You may have done him a favor by teaching him a lesson. Heck, you may have done other people a favor because, maybe he will think twice before he pulls that crap again. I'm not a physical person when it comes to stuff like that or until someone places their hands on me. I try to walk away but when the first punch gets thrown I am the throwing the last punch. My whole life I've worked construction, mostly as a brick labor, bricklayer and cement finisher so I'm pretty upper body strong plus, I love to workout on the speed bag and heavy bag. My friends used to tell me, " thank God your not a mean person because you would probably be in jail by now. " To me the people that need to act that way must really feel inferior. Just like when you have guys on the boards that want to flex their computer muscle safely behind their keyboard.
    I've noticed one person on this site or another site ( can't remember ) that has to be the most immature person that I have ever encountered. You would think by now in life he would be able to handle his emotions, learn some people skills or what have you but, I can see it will never be that way for him.
    If I had to profile him I would guess he has very little friends, probably termoil throughout his life such as problems on the job, an occasional police car to his home for not getting along with neighbors. I wouldn't be suprised if he hasn't been married once or twice and if any children, I'm sure one or two resent him and his bipolar behavior. When you have people like this and the one that pushed your family around they, are usually that way with anyone they, feel they can get away with it. They're cowards and they probably have trouble with their own worth or manhood or have engaged or thought of engaging into homosexuality. Their need to mess with people is the only way they can feel good about themselves and to feed their ego and unstableness. Now I could be wrong because I haven't watched the part two of Fraiser yet.

Threads : 1817
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious View Post
    I probably take the high road a lot in situations, but there are times when I do feel like being a vengeful prick and getting back at someone for being a dick far too many times. I am a very patient person.

The one thing I can never take a high road on is people that butt into lines, I knocked one dude out for doing that...let me explain before you think I am a complete *** hole (partially, sure). My mom and sister were waiting in line at a Tim Horton's, I was taking a leak in the washroom...I come out and just as I am walking towards them, this dude pushes them aside and stands in front of them, my sister is like "Excuse me, we were waiting here, that's rude"...he turns around and says "shut up *****"...now my sis is 8yrs younger than me, she's my baby sis...I was like ok let this ****er do 1 more dumb *** thing and watch what happens, I got there and I told the guy I saw the whole thing and he tells me to shut up and mind my own business, I reminded him that family is my business and he turns to me and stares at me and the entire time I'm telling him "please do something, just push me even..." just to provoke me and so witnesses can say he started it. He didn't at first but 5mins later, he raises his arms to stretch, looks back and notices we're too far back to hit when he raises his arms, so he backs up and his arm hits me in my chest, at that moment, I saw red, the look on my face went from mildly annoyed to Brooks Orpik. One stiff punch to the back of the head and then I lined up like Sepulveda for a punt right to his ballsack and we walked out and went to starbucks instead.

Was I wrong?

I remember when my 1st gf cheated on me, we dated for about 5yrs and she cheated on me with this weasel-like looking dude (whom I later met at a club and slapped like he was a 10 cent hooker...and he cried like one after too). The story might be too graphic though, no...it is graphic.

I'm actually a very very mellow guy, I can sit in rush hour traffic for 3hrs and not even snap out, I can patiently wait in a pharmacy while they take an hour for something that usually takes them 15mins to fill (eye drops) and not curse out the staff, I can have a nutjob ex-gf go off on me and call me names because she's in a mood and not say anything back to provoke her even more...but some ****, you just can't be patient about. For me it's when someone messes with my family.
    you showed me a lot of patience by not lining up his nutsac after you came back from the pot and waiting I'm not sure I would've been able to wait it out like that
    The Standard Is The Standard and The Pittsburgh Sports Forum Is The Standard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information