Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How the North could be won.....

Threads : 102
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default How the North could be won.....

scoff if you like, but it´s possible. Especially if this injury to Benson, who is 80% of the Bengals offense, hampers him or keeps him sidelined.

Steelers 6-3

Remaining schedule:
    @ Chiefs W
    @ Ravens W
    vs. Raiders W
    @ Browns W
    vs. Packers W
    vs. Ravens L
    @ Dolphins W

Bengals 7-2

Remaining Schedule:
    @ Oakland W
    vs. Cleveland W
    vs. Detroit W
    @ Minnesota L
    @ San Diego L
    vs. Kansas City W
    @ New York Jets L

All very possible.

Say we can´t do it? We´re going to lose at elast 2 more this season? Here´s the wild card picture if we finish 11-5.

San Diego 6-3
    Remaining schedule:

@ Broncos W
    vs. Chiefs W
    @ Browns W
    @ Cowboys L
    vs. Bengals L
    @ Titans W
    vs. Redskins W

11-5 and we hold the tie -breaker. All moot though anyway, as that will give them the division and Denver would be our closest wild card competition.

Denver 6-3
    Remaining Schedule:

vs. San Diego L
    vs. New York Giants L
    @ Kansas City W
    @ Indianapolis L
    vs. Oakland W
    @ Philadelphia L
    vs. Kansas City W

Makes them 9-7. No worries here.

Jacksonville 5-4
    Remaining Schedule:
    vs.Buffalo Bills W
    @San Francisco 49ers L
    vs.Houston Texans L
    vs.Miami Dolphins W
    vs.Indianapolis Colts L
    @New England Patriots L
    @Cleveland Browns W

Makes them 8-8. Again, no worries.

Houston 5-4
    Remaining Schedule:
    vs.Titans W
    vs.Colts L
    @ Jaguars W
    vs. Seahawks W
    @ Rams W
    @ Dolphins L
    vs. Patriots L

Makes them 9-7. Still. no worries.

Miami 5-4
    Remaining Schedule:
    @ Panthers W
    @ Bills W
    vs.Patriots L
    @ Jaguars W
    @ Titans W
    vs.Texans L
    vs.Steelers L

Makes them 9-7.

New York Jets 5-4
    Remaining Schedule:

@ New England L
    vs.Carolina W
    @ Buffalo W
    @ Tampa Bay W
    vs.Atlanta L
    @ Indianapolis L
    vs.Cincinnati W

Makes them 9-7

So, our best competition for a wild card spot should finish at 9-7. Meaning we only need to win 4 more games. I think we can do that.
    This year, possibly more than any other, anything can happen once the play-offs start. There is not ONE team in the league that is unbeatable. Indy and NEw Orleans?
    We´ll see once the Saints play someone good and don´t sweat out wins against teams like the Rams. And the Colts? Getting beat now by the Pats* team that got owned by the Bills (most of the game) and the Jets.

BTW, while researching the schedules I saw the Houston Texans Cheerleader 2010 calendar is now available.

Threads : 1632
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How the North could be won.....

Yes your point is taken, could happen yet. IF certain aspects of the Steelers' game improves and shows consistancy.

Threads : 137
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's too early to be suggesting that we're competing for a wildcard. I have confidence that we can and will win the AFCN. I just think we're a better team and the bungles - like the donks are artificially hot.

Great post, BM.

Quote Originally Posted by WYsteel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes your point is taken, could happen yet. IF certain aspects of the Steelers' game improves and shows consistancy.

Honestly, the only thing that needs to improve IMO is ST. Yes, the offense had a ****ty ****ty ****ty game. But, today has been the exception to the rule this season. The Defense has been great since blowing those two games against the Bengals and Bears. OK, they were shaky against the lions, but all in all they´ve been looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    I think it's too early to be suggesting that we're competing for a wildcard. I have confidence that we can and will win the AFCN. I just think we're a better team and the bungles - like the donks are artificially hot.

Great post, BM.
    Thanks sweet and I agree. Just surprised me to see the team being completely written off by people already.

Threads : 691

I'm usually the optimistic one,but I just don't see the Steelers winning the division. This team is very inconsistent. Ben had a bad game today,which is no big thing as it happens to everybody at some point.but this offense has too much talent to struggle like it has at times this season.
    Are these morons getting dumber or just louder-Mayor Quimby

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Thanks sweet and I agree. Just surprised me to see the team being completely written off by people already.
    I drove into Pittsburgh today listening to guys talking about "identity". The Ravens lost their "identity", Browns never had one, etc.

I drove out of Pittsburgh after the game listening to people talking about the Steelers not having one.

That's just beer frustration. Are we a top 5 team? Maybe, maybe not, but we're not the Ravens or Browns. We lost a tough game - twice. This same team put up crazy offensive numbers already, one ****ty game doesn't lose an identity.

There is no reason to jump off the 10th street bridge. Tomlin will have this team ready, our schedule isn't brutal the rest of the way, I'll put my money on the Steelers winning the division and I'm not being a homer here. I just don't see the Bengals winning out or us laying many more eggs like today through the rest of the season.

Focus people.

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I'm usually the optimistic one,but I just don't see the Steelers winning the division. This team is very inconsistent. Ben had a bad game today,which is no big thing as it happens to everybody at some point.but this offense has too much talent to struggle like it has at times this season.

Like I said, the defense has been great the last few games. They´ve been doing everything we expected them too. THey´re coming together just fine.
    The offense has put up great numbers and has played very well all season. THe only time they get "iffy" is when they go into protection mode when leading. I blame that on Arians. Today was different, they just blew. But, I highly doubt we´ll see that again. Exception to the rule thus far.
    We were saying the exact same things last year at this point. They had a 6-3 record and ran off 5 wins until losing to the Titans in week 16. It can happen again.

Threads : 82

Let me get this straight... if we end up with a better record than the Bengals do we win the div or does it go to the team that won more division games?

I still don't think the Bengals are going to keep up their winning ways. I will believe it when they finish out the season like that. I think we are going to the playoffs regardless. The Steelers are a top team imo. Lotta season left thats all I know.

Threads : 82

Let me get this straight... if we end up with a better record than the Bengals do we win the div or does it go to the team that won more division games?

I still don't think the Bengals are going to keep up their winning ways. I will believe it when they finish out the season like that. I think we are going to the playoffs regardless. The Steelers are a top team imo. Lotta season left thats all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post
    I drove into Pittsburgh today listening to guys talking about "identity". The Ravens lost their "identity", Browns never had one, etc.

I drove out of Pittsburgh after the game listening to people talking about the Steelers not having one.

That's just beer frustration. Are we a top 5 team? Maybe, maybe not, but we're not the Ravens or Browns. We lost a tough game - twice. This same team put up crazy offensive numbers already, one ****ty game doesn't lose an identity.

There is no reason to jump off the 10th street bridge. Tomlin will have this team ready, our schedule isn't brutal the rest of the way, I'll put my money on the Steelers winning the division and I'm not being a homer here. I just don't see the Bengals winning out or us laying many more eggs like today through the rest of the season.

Focus people.
    Completely agree. It WILL be tough to win the division, but still possible. Sucks when you rely on help from other teams to do it. But still, to write them off for the play-offs?

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    And the bungles are the model of consistency?

Not trying to pick an argument here and you make a great point, but I just don't see the bungles staying hot all season, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post

Best overall record wins the division. Division record comes into play when there´s a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezy View Post

If we have more wins than the bungles, we win the AFCN.

Division and head-to-head wins only count when records are tied.

Threads : 29

I think it all can be summed up in a nutshell, this offense is built around Ben as it should be. When Ben has a bad day, the entire offense is going to have a bad day including the running game. The good thing is Ben doesn't have a lot of these days.
    The defense is playing a lot better. What was it 9 points they gave up today?

The Bungles are losing a lot of starters and I said this week Benson was not going to hold up with the amount of carries he was getting. They're playing on a lot of emotion and that will only carry you so far. IMO they are still the Bungles and a bunch of weak minded players. If Ben had not of been off today I believe that would have been the start of their fall.

They are going to be even cockier now and think they can't be beat. I actually look for Oakland to beat them next week. ONe good *** whipping is all I think it takes to knock the wind out of their sails and the same old Bungles will reappear.

My prediction for them is a loss next week, a loss to Minnesota and SD on the road. For whatever reason they had a tough time with Cleveland the first time around and I think the Jets game could be a loss as well. But I now see at least 3 losses for them and possibly more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information