Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Irony

Threads : 3263
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bengals Irony

After all the hype surrounding the Bengals this week....this would be ironic...
    ---------------------------------

Official Release
    Without "a significant increase" in the pace of ticket sales this week, Sunday's Bengals vs. Houston game at Paul Brown Stadium will not be a sellout, the team's ticket office announced today.

Under NFL policy, if the 1 p.m. Sunday game is not sold out 72 hours before kickoff -- by 1 p.m. this Thursday -- the CBS television broadcast will be blacked out in the Bengals' home market, which includes Cincinnati, Dayton and Lexington, Ky.

The Bengals have sold out their last 46 regular-season and postseason games in time for local television coverage. The last Bengals home game not to sell out was against Houston on Nov. 9, 2003.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

Threads : 102

Seems that even their own fans realize that the team is overachieving and are just sitting back waiting for the collapse.

sjdrewk

It takes the Stillers to allow them to sellout their own ball park. All apologies to your B, Nky, because I know she is a true fan- but that is pathetic. Not only did the Bungle fan steal Who dey from the Saints "who dat?" but maybe they should steal the paper bags from them as well because that is shameful not to sellout a game especially when your team is for the moment, in first place.

Threads : 60

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It takes the Stillers to allow them to sellout their own ball park. All apologies to your B, Nky, because I know she is a true fan- but that is pathetic. Not only did the Bungle fan steal Who dey from the Saints "who dat?" but maybe they should steal the paper bags from them as well because that is shameful not to sellout a game especially when your team is for the moment, in first place.

Key Word - for the moment.

sjdrewk

Yeah, they probably don't expect it to last. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sjdrewk View Post
    They already have....

"You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

sjdrewk

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    They already have....

Jeez!!! Leave it to Bungle fan to chose to imitate another losing franchise down to the letter!

Threads : 407
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OT...but gotta do it.....****in Bungholes

Shutdown Corner
    Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:09 pm EDT

Despite great start, Bengals could face TV blackout on Sunday
    By Chris Chase

Back in the first half of the decade, when the Bengals were a hopeless franchise that hadn't qualified for the playoffs since 1990, it made sense that the team often played to thousands of empty seats. But now that the team is a surprise 4-1 (and just one fluke play away from being undefeated), you'd think fans in Cincinnati would be clamoring to see the squad that could put the Bengals back in the playoffs for just the fifth time since the bicentennial, right? Wrong.

Despite winning consecutive wins over its biggest rivals and currently sitting atop the brutal AFC North, the Cincinnati Bengals said today that its home game Sunday versus the Houston Texans is unlikely to sell out and, as a result, will be blacked out on local television. There are approximately 7,000 seats still remaining and it will take a "significant increase in sales" to avoid the blackout and the snapping of the team's 46-game sellout streak.

Sellouts and blackouts usually don't interest us too much (we'll leave that for other sites), because they usually involve teams that either aren't worth paying money to see or play in cities long known for football apathy. But it's a bit vexing that a team which has sold out every home game since 2003 may get a game blacked out as they're in the midst of one of the best opening stretches to a season in franchise history.

Move it whenever you like, just had to post it here first so as to get the most exposre.

Threads : 48

Theres actually a thread on this in the NFL forum,bleed.Still funny nonetheless.I'll merge it in a little bit.Cool??

Threads : 407

Sure, I shoulda checked there 1st.

Threads : 67
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does this mean they'll show another game? Or will they just show some random stuff? I guess what I'm really asking is will I get to watch a REAL team(steelers) play?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Does this mean they'll show another game? Or will they just show some random stuff? I guess what I'm really asking is will I get to watch a REAL team(steelers) play?
    If they handle it as they have in the past, WKRC will show a different game in it's place... Probably picking-up another feed from the division... But it might be the Ravens game, I don't know for sure.

But remember how they handled the first game this season?... Possible time extension, and then a local company buys the tix.... Stay tuned.

I still haven't heard anything but haven't had much time to watch the news or be on the internet today. A brother who has 5 kids aged 11, 7, two 1 yr olds, who are almost 2, and a 10 month old come over doesn't really allow for much time

I found this on one of the bengals blackout articles and thought it was hilarious

"Why are football fans so ignorant? Steeler fans pounding their chest about "their" team is just hilarious. Like they have anything to do with the good luck the franchise has. There isn't anything "bandwagon" about Cincinnati football fans. People in this state love football more than anything. Penn fans are just bitter because Ohio dominates the game at the high school/college level. Much more passion here."

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I found this on one of the bengals blackout articles and thought it was hilarious

"Why are football fans so ignorant? Steeler fans pounding their chest about "their" team is just hilarious. Like they have anything to do with the good luck the franchise has. There isn't anything "bandwagon" about Cincinnati football fans. People in this state love football more than anything. Penn fans are just bitter because Ohio dominates the game at the high school/college level. Much more passion here."

Ha Ha!..... Yea, just ask Ohio fans which team went to the Rose Bowl to represent the Big-10..... But I will say that I think the guy is correct about H.S. football.... As big as it may be in Pa, it is even bigger in Ohio IMHO.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information