Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: My complaint thread...

      
  1. #1
    cardiacsteelers's Avatar
    Status : cardiacsteelers is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Oct 15, 2009
    Posts : 295
    Threads : 29
    Last Online : Sep-26-2012 @ 09:08 PM

    Default My complaint thread...

    I don't hate Arians anywhere near as much of most of you. I have actually thought he came up with some good game plans this season. But there are certain things that he continues doing that drives me nuts.

    1.Empty backfield on 2nd and short and/or 3rd and short. Why not make the defense think?
    2.In the red zone always bringing in 2 or 3 TE leaving no doubt they're running it.
    3.99.9% of the time with a FB you know they're running it.
    3.Never sticking with something when it's working, it seems we are constantly changing formations.
    4.Why not use the 3 WR 1 TE more? We seem to run and pass better out of this formation. He doesn't use this formation near enough.
    5.This one is probably a 50/50 split on Ben and Arians but they try for the long pass downfield way too much and ignore what the D is giving them.

  2. #2
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1.Empty backfield on 2nd and short and/or 3rd and short. Why not make the defense think?
    2.In the red zone always bringing in 2 or 3 TE leaving no doubt they're running it.
    3.99.9% of the time with a FB you know they're running it.
    3.Never sticking with something when it's working, it seems we are constantly changing formations.
    4.Why not use the 3 WR 1 TE more? We seem to run and pass better out of this formation. He doesn't use this formation near enough.
    5.This one is probably a 50/50 split on Ben and Arians but they try for the long pass downfield way too much and ignore what the D is giving them.
    1. Yep, gameplanning and ingenuity is lacking this season. While I may like the "wide open" formation, there needs to be the "outlet" option from having a back in play.

    2. Yep, poor playcalling in that situation. No imagination and almost going conservative and forgetting what got them to that position to begin with.

    3. Yep, and not adjusting to the given conditions, even after halftime. He is not capable of adjusting, and seems to run straight off of a predetermined list of plays regardless of outcome.

    4. Yep, because it doesn't fit into Brucie-boy's playbook of schemes. Doesn't matter that there are more options to the hot read out of the backfield, Arians will not understand that sort of logic.

    5. Yep, I blame it on Arians for continually going for the deeper passes when the shorter ones are available. We saw it this past Sunday, and we even had him admit it against Detroit.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  3. #3
    Steelreign's Avatar

    Status : Steelreign is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wheatfield, Indiana
    Posts : 18,943
    Threads : 227
    Last Online : Nov-02-2016 @ 07:58 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    I tend to agree with your list. They are becoming entirely too predictable in the redzone now and outthink themselves on offense lately. The Steelers need to be dictating the tempo while keeping the defense on their heels. Instead defenses are now confusing them.
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

  4. #4
    BATMAN's Avatar
    Status : BATMAN is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Nov 2, 2009
    Location : Gotham City
    Posts : 478
    Threads : 18
    Last Online : Feb-11-2013 @ 10:40 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    he's a bum

  5. #5
    beerman's Avatar
    Status : beerman is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : at the nudie bar.
    Posts : 1,241
    Threads : 102
    Last Online : Jan-31-2015 @ 07:44 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't hate Arians anywhere near as much of most of you. I have actually thought he came up with some good game plans this season. But there are certain things that he continues doing that drives me nuts.

    1.Empty backfield on 2nd and short and/or 3rd and short. Why not make the defense think?
    2.In the red zone always bringing in 2 or 3 TE leaving no doubt they're running it.
    3.99.9% of the time with a FB you know they're running it.
    3.Never sticking with something when it's working, it seems we are constantly changing formations.
    4.Why not use the 3 WR 1 TE more? We seem to run and pass better out of this formation. He doesn't use this formation near enough.
    5.This one is probably a 50/50 split on Ben and Arians but they try for the long pass downfield way too much and ignore what the D is giving them.

    1. Arians sucks.

    2. Arians sucks.

    3. Arians sucks.

    4. Arians sucks.

    5. Arians sucks.

  6. #6
    fezziwig's Avatar
    Status : fezziwig is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Nov 3, 2009
    Posts : 2,236
    Threads : 60
    Last Online : May-22-2017 @ 08:56 AM

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    There is a fire Bruce Arians website

  7. #7
    Les's Avatar
    Status : Les is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 10, 2009
    Location : Secane,Pa.
    Posts : 10,207
    Threads : 48
    Last Online : Jul-04-2017 @ 07:08 AM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Arians sucks.

    2. Arians sucks.

    3. Arians sucks.

    4. Arians sucks.

    5. Arians sucks.
    I'm not getting your point??




  8. #8
    cardiacsteelers's Avatar
    Status : cardiacsteelers is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Oct 15, 2009
    Posts : 295
    Threads : 29
    Last Online : Sep-26-2012 @ 09:08 PM

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Yep, gameplanning and ingenuity is lacking this season. While I may like the "wide open" formation, there needs to be the "outlet" option from having a back in play.

    2. Yep, poor playcalling in that situation. No imagination and almost going conservative and forgetting what got them to that position to begin with.

    3. Yep, and not adjusting to the given conditions, even after halftime. He is not capable of adjusting, and seems to run straight off of a predetermined list of plays regardless of outcome.

    4. Yep, because it doesn't fit into Brucie-boy's playbook of schemes. Doesn't matter that there are more options to the hot read out of the backfield, Arians will not understand that sort of logic.

    5. Yep, I blame it on Arians for continually going for the deeper passes when the shorter ones are available. We saw it this past Sunday, and we even had him admit it against Detroit.
    I can't put all the blame on Arians for this. I believe him and Ben want the big play too often. I have to put half the blame on Ben for this one. There is always another option and Ben more often then not doesn't take his safety valve. But that's Ben and you take the good with the bad and be thankful that the good outweighs the bad.

  9. #9
    bdeff's Avatar
    Status : bdeff is offline
    Rank : All-Star
    Join Date : Oct 15, 2009
    Location : Truth or Consequences, NM
    Posts : 2,341
    Threads : 164
    Last Online : Apr-10-2015 @ 09:10 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't put all the blame on Arians for this. I believe him and Ben want the big play too often. I have to put half the blame on Ben for this one. There is always another option and Ben more often then not doesn't take his safety valve. But that's Ben and you take the good with the bad and be thankful that the good outweighs the bad.
    I agree with this, the Cincy game reminded me alot of the Philly game last year....We looked inept. Hopefully it will get straightened out.

    But
    Arians does suck.

  10. #10
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a fire Bruce Arians website
    What??? No link?


  11. #11
    jmd's Avatar
    Status : jmd is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,122
    Threads : 23
    Last Online : Sep-06-2011 @ 06:02 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What??? No link?

    http://firebrucearians.com/


  12. #12
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Ahhh, a chat board.

    Firing arians deserves something more legit.

  13. #13
    jmd's Avatar
    Status : jmd is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,122
    Threads : 23
    Last Online : Sep-06-2011 @ 06:02 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahhh, a chat board.

    Firing arians deserves something more legit.
    Yeah, thats the only one I could find. There's also a few "Fire Arians" facebook groups if you type his name in the search bar

  14. #14
    BlackJackGold's Avatar
    Status : BlackJackGold is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,694
    Threads : 10
    Last Online : Mar-11-2010 @ 05:54 PM

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    Any 'arians is a dumb ****' groups on facebook?

  15. #15
    Steelreign's Avatar

    Status : Steelreign is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Wheatfield, Indiana
    Posts : 18,943
    Threads : 227
    Last Online : Nov-02-2016 @ 07:58 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My complaint thread...

    I am sure one could be created easily enough, but would anyone join? :
    Pittsburgh Sports Forum: Member Driven and no ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •