Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Ben wrapped elbow.

      
  1. #1
    cardiacsteelers's Avatar
    Status : cardiacsteelers is offline
    Rank : Bench Warmer
    Join Date : Oct 15, 2009
    Posts : 295
    Threads : 29
    Last Online : Sep-26-2012 @ 09:08 PM

    Default Ben wrapped elbow.

    PITTSBURGH – The last time Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a passer rating like the one he had Sunday in the 18-12 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, he bounced back with a razor-sharp performance against the San Diego Chargers in last season’s playoffs.

    “He’s been outstanding in bouncing back,” said his offensive coordinator, Bruce Arians.

    That’s been the case – at least when Roethlisberger’s healthy. There are questions today about his health after he sat out parts of Thursday’s practice with a wrapped right elbow.

    Roethlisberger was asked prior to practice whether an arm problem was the reason he had underthrown several deep balls against the Bengals.

    “I hope not,” he said.

    Roethlisberger completed half of his 40 passes Sunday for a season-low 174 yards, 4.4 yards per attempt and 51.5 passer rating. It was the only game this season in which he did not throw a touchdown pass, and he took all the blame for the team’s poor performance.

    “I had a bad day,” he told a group of reporters at his locker. “I know everyone here has had a bad day. Everyone has written a bad story or said something they didn’t mean. Flat out, I had a bad day and it’s going to happen sometimes. No excuse, but those days will happen sometimes. You have to learn to correct it, you know. I think we will.”

    http://pit.scout.com/2/921513.html

  2. #2
    Skeeter's Avatar
    Status : Skeeter is offline
    Rank : Hall Of Famer
    Join Date : Oct 12, 2009
    Location : Sharon, PA
    Posts : 5,322
    Threads : 1632
    Last Online : May-17-2015 @ 02:45 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    So how and when did he hurt his elbow???

  3. #3
    Stone's Avatar
    Status : Stone is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Nov 9, 2009
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,243
    Threads : 91
    Last Online : Sep-20-2012 @ 11:34 AM

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by cardiacsteelers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PITTSBURGH – The last time Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a passer rating like the one he had Sunday in the 18-12 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, he bounced back with a razor-sharp performance against the San Diego Chargers in last season’s playoffs.

    “He’s been outstanding in bouncing back,” said his offensive coordinator, Bruce Arians.

    That’s been the case – at least when Roethlisberger’s healthy. There are questions today about his health after he sat out parts of Thursday’s practice with a wrapped right elbow.

    Roethlisberger was asked prior to practice whether an arm problem was the reason he had underthrown several deep balls against the Bengals.

    “I hope not,” he said.

    Roethlisberger completed half of his 40 passes Sunday for a season-low 174 yards, 4.4 yards per attempt and 51.5 passer rating. It was the only game this season in which he did not throw a touchdown pass, and he took all the blame for the team’s poor performance.

    “I had a bad day,” he told a group of reporters at his locker. “I know everyone here has had a bad day. Everyone has written a bad story or said something they didn’t mean. Flat out, I had a bad day and it’s going to happen sometimes. No excuse, but those days will happen sometimes. You have to learn to correct it, you know. I think we will.”

    http://pit.scout.com/2/921513.html
    Maybe his arm hurts from throwing rockets all over the place last week.

  4. #4
    Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Status : Mister Pittsburgh is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 16, 2009
    Posts : 1,383
    Threads : 122
    Last Online : Apr-27-2013 @ 05:09 PM

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Drama Queen.

  5. #5
    jmd's Avatar
    Status : jmd is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,122
    Threads : 23
    Last Online : Sep-06-2011 @ 06:02 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drama Queen.
    I love that everytime Ben gets a little dinged up he automatically becomes a "drama queen"

  6. #6
    Palmetto Steel's Avatar
    Status : Palmetto Steel is offline
    Rank : Legend
    Join Date : Oct 9, 2009
    Posts : 23,379
    Threads : 3263
    Last Online : Nov-30-2015 @ 06:36 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    I do not think a season has gone by that we HAVEN'T seen it wrapped at on point or another.
    "You only have one life, and you will not get out alive. Make the most of your time and have no regrets." - Me.

  7. #7
    LasVegasGuy's Avatar
    Status : LasVegasGuy is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Living on the Sun, Nevada
    Posts : 2,076
    Threads : 60
    Last Online : Jan-05-2012 @ 12:19 PM

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love that everytime Ben gets a little dinged up he automatically becomes a "drama queen"
    That's because he always gets "mysteriously dinged up" after a loss. So drama queen is very fitting.

  8. #8
    jmd's Avatar
    Status : jmd is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,122
    Threads : 23
    Last Online : Sep-06-2011 @ 06:02 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's because he always gets "mysteriously dinged up" after a loss. So drama queen is very fitting.
    It's happened after wins before too, so I don't get your point.

  9. #9
    Stone's Avatar
    Status : Stone is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Nov 9, 2009
    Location : NE Ohio
    Posts : 1,243
    Threads : 91
    Last Online : Sep-20-2012 @ 11:34 AM

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's because he always gets "mysteriously dinged up" after a loss. So drama queen is very fitting.
    Isn't it more than slightly possible that with all the abuse he takes physically that he is actually getting dinged? He was a punching bag last week!

  10. #10
    LasVegasGuy's Avatar
    Status : LasVegasGuy is offline
    Rank : Banned
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Location : Living on the Sun, Nevada
    Posts : 2,076
    Threads : 60
    Last Online : Jan-05-2012 @ 12:19 PM

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's happened after wins before too, so I don't get your point.
    I've never noticed he had broken toes, shoulder, ankle or elbow injuries after a win.

  11. #11
    jmd's Avatar
    Status : jmd is offline
    Rank : Major Leaguer
    Join Date : Oct 11, 2009
    Posts : 1,122
    Threads : 23
    Last Online : Sep-06-2011 @ 06:02 PM
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ben wrapped elbow.

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never noticed he had broken toes, shoulder, ankle or elbow injuries after a win.
    After SB43...

    “Fractured ribs,” Roethlisberger said. “Luckily, in the game, I didn’t take any big hits to make ‘em hurt. But I knew all along there was something wrong. There wouldn’t have been anything they could have done about fractured ribs anyway. It was just suck it up and play.”

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •