Thread: Ben is gonna be Ben....no matter how much we complain!

Threads : 126
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ben is gonna be Ben....no matter how much we complain!

I see people complaining about his bad decisions, holding onto the ball too long, the occasional overthrow, etc. but this is who Ben is and this is the kind of QB he'll always be. He has lost us some games with this kind of play and he's also helped us win 2 Super Bowls with this kind of play. And no matter how many people want to keep flocking on these boards after a loss calling for Charlie Batch (last year it was Byron Leftwich), it just isn't going to happen so just let that idea go already! I understand that a lot of people blame everything on the QB in this town, but it's pointless anyway. The only way Ben isn't starting next week is if he still has lingering effects from his injury. Starting Batch all of a sudden isn't going to solve the special teams problems, the 4th quarter collapses on defense, or the very questionable play calling. Hell, the guy threw for almost 400 yards today and 3 TD passes. Yeah, he had 2 INTs (one of them not his fault and a very bad one in the redzone) but that's just the kind of QB he is and always will be. He makes great plays and makes bad mistakes as well. I'd say that the great plays have outnumbered the bad mistakes over the years though. It is what is folks.

Threads : 22

Default Re: Ben is gonna be Ben....no matter how much we complain!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNGoldRules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see people complaining about his bad decisions, holding onto the ball too long, the occasional overthrow, etc. but this is who Ben is and this is the kind of QB he'll always be. He has lost us some games with this kind of play and he's also helped us win 2 Super Bowls with this kind of play. And no matter how many people want to keep flocking on these boards after a loss calling for Charlie Batch (last year it was Byron Leftwich), it just isn't going to happen so just let that idea go already! I understand that a lot of people blame everything on the QB in this town, but it's pointless anyway. The only way Ben isn't starting next week is if he still has lingering effects from his injury. Starting Batch all of a sudden isn't going to solve the special teams problems, the 4th quarter collapses on defense, or the very questionable play calling. Hell, the guy threw for almost 400 yards today and 3 TD passes. Yeah, he had 2 INTs (one of them not his fault and a very bad one in the redzone) but that's just the kind of QB he is and always will be. He makes great plays and makes bad mistakes as well. I'd say that the great plays have outnumbered the bad mistakes over the years though. It is what is folks.
    Even the one in the endzone, he got hit as he threw.

It STILL may have been a bad pass, but the interception itself was a result of getting hit in the back.

There were a lot of reasons they lost this game. Ben was a small piece of it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Thread Information